Achieving Rank 1

czjeffords

Hi friends!

I'm trying to achieve Rank 1 in the Altador cup this year, a feat that I have not yet achieved in all my years of neopets. I finally have time on my hands to play the cup and move up through the ranks! I'm wondering though, do I have to play all of the games to get moved up a rank?

For instance, do I need to play Slushie Slinger at all...? I'm not a fan of that game so I'd rather stick with Yooyuball, Shootout Showdown and Make Some Noise. Can I move up the ranks only playing 3/4 of the games?

Thanks all and GO VIRTUPETS!! (:

I rarely play Slushie Slinger either - don't worry, you'll definitely be able to hit the rank you want without playing it :) (it may take longer since SS is weighted a little higher than MSN or SOSD - but definitely doable)

From my understanding, you can play all of one game, or a combination of any of the games, to reach the next rank. However, depending on what games you play or don't play will determine the amounts/number of times you would have to play the game(s)/other games to reach the next rank. When you are at the Altador Cup link in Neopets, scroll down a little to find "Your Stats" and click on "Rank". It will display your current rank and number of the 4 games you played, so far. The "Target Rank" should default to the next rank and show you how many of those games individually you would have to play to get to your next rank. For example, if you are at "Beginner", your "Target Rank" should be for Level 1. If you are going for any rank in-between or "All-Star", clicking on the corresponding small shield will change your "Target Rank" to the amount of each game required to play to get to that level. So, I am currently at Level 1. I have 36 Yooyu Ball wins, 0 Yooyu Ball Draws, 1 Slushie slinger win, 11 Make Some Noise wins, and 5 Shootout Showdown wins. To get to Level 2, I would need either 30 Yooyu Ball wins, or 89 Yooyuball Draws, or 59 Slushie Slinger wins, 353 Make Some Noise wins, or 353 Shootout Showdown wins. Hope this helps. TDN also has a calculator on their site, too.

EDIT: Thank you hrtbrk for posting the TDN link! And my apologies for not doing so! Had rush off in a hurry and didn't have time to find it.