Hi Everyone!! From a kid to a Dr!

Hey guys! 

I've been playing neopets since I first started using the internet at the age of 9 years old!

I'm 26 years old today and a certified doctor but I still love Neopets :D!

First time being in a Neopets related forum but I'm excited!

Wow that's awesome! It's so cool to see a guy who has played so long! Welcome to the forums and I hope you have a lot of fun here!

Hi Cookielover, welcome and congratulations on being a doctor!  :thumbsup:  Here in America, 26 is considered very young to be a doctor. I'm curious, what kind of doctor are you and how many years of college :graduated: did you have? Are there many female doctors in Malaysia? Also, do you think Neopets and other online games help a student learn at a young age, or do they distract from more important things? :shiftyeyes_anim: :whaa:

Wow that's awesome! It's so cool to see a guy who has played so long! Welcome to the forums and I hope you have a lot of fun here!

I'm a girl hehe. Thanks!!

Hi Cookielover, welcome and congratulations on being a doctor! :thumbsup: Here in America, 26 is considered very young to be a doctor. I'm curious, what kind of doctor are you and how many years of college :graduated: did you have? Are there many female doctors in Malaysia? Also, do you think Neopets and other online games help a student learn at a young age, or do they distract from more important things? :shiftyeyes_anim: :whaa:

Hi lakecat!

I've been working as a doctor for 3 years now :)! Started at 23 as a House Officer and now I'm working as a Medical Officer.

I went to college for 1 year, did South Australian Matriculation then went to Monash University for 5 years for my MBBS.

Yes! There are loads of female doctors here! Nearly 40-50% I would think although I do not have exact figures :P

Haha. Neopets helped me spend my extra time as a kid but I was never the studious type when I was younger :P!
Scrapped through my primary and high school and only started working hard towards the end of my high school hehe.

I think Neopets helps to keep ones sanity :P!

How about you? What do you do and how old are you?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Omg its so awesome that people play this game their whole lives starting from a child. I also played when I was very young although I wasn't much good at it. All I did was play the games, but now I run a successful shop and participate in various activities. Its like you always discover something new to do on the site. I love how it is an all ages game. Also it is awesome that you're a dr. I wish I was. lol.

Omg its so awesome that people play this game their whole lives starting from a child. I also played when I was very young although I wasn't much good at it. All I did was play the games, but now I run a successful shop and participate in various activities. Its like you always discover something new to do on the site. I love how it is an all ages game. Also it is awesome that you're a dr. I wish I was. lol.

Same here! I was not as good at it as well while I was younger hehe. 

I love hoarding items and earning NPs through the games haha! 

I'm not much of a selling person :P!

What do you usually sell?

It's just a coincidence that I became a Dr hehe. Could've been anything from a business woman to an accountant :)

Hello and I hope you enjoy the forums! Like the others said, it's cool to see someone play Neo since they were a child. I started playing when I was nine, and now I'm 19, ten years flew by so fast... :) 

Welcome! TDN forums are great - I've learned about all kinds of site-related stuff I'd probably never have discovered on my own. It's amazing you lakecat and twilight have had accounts for so long... I had one for 2 years about 10 years ago but it was on an old email address so when I started playing again 3 years ago I had to start from scratch - I know I had some cool gallery items I could never afford at today's prices but oh well ;)

Also, congrats on becoming a doctor - that's a pretty cool accomplishment!

Greetings from a fellow medical student in Athens, Greece, and welcome to the forums!!! :)

I really like your enthusiasm regarding neopets!!! I share some of that myself! ^_^ 

Don't you just love how Neopets is directed towards everyone of every age? Something quite rare for an MMOG!

I was in elementary school when I started playing and now I'm a college graduate. Things that have not changed since I started playing: I hoard all items I get; I still love faeries (hence the name) and I LOVE playing Sutek's Tomb! Honestly Sutek's Tomb is probably the biggest reason I continued to come back to neopets after taking breaks because of school work. The thing I like the most about being not only part of neopets, but also neopet forums, is getting to meet people from all over the world.

Greetings from a fellow medical student in Athens, Greece, and welcome to the forums!!! :)
I really like your enthusiasm regarding neopets!!! I share some of that myself! ^_^
Don't you just love how Neopets is directed towards everyone of every age? Something quite rare for an MMOG!

Hi! What year are you in now and which University are you from :)?

Haha! Extremely enthusiastic about neopets you mean :P!

I enjoy spending most of my free time just buying and hoarding random cheap stuff haha.

You're absolutely right about how Neopets is for everyone because as a child, many parents were playing neopets who were my friend as well :D!

One day I'm going to be a mom playing Neopets haha!

Will definitely log out every time then so my future kids don't accidentally sell off or give away everything :P!

I was in elementary school when I started playing and now I'm a college graduate. Things that have not changed since I started playing: I hoard all items I get; I still love faeries (hence the name) and I LOVE playing Sutek's Tomb! Honestly Sutek's Tomb is probably the biggest reason I continued to come back to neopets after taking breaks because of school work. The thing I like the most about being not only part of neopets, but also neopet forums, is getting to meet people from all over the world.

Oh my goodness! I'm a chronic hoarder as well!!!

I have extreme difficulty selling items in my SDB and I enjoy playing Sutek's tomb as well :D!

That's true! Meeting people from around the world who share the interest is a rare thing and people on Neopets are generally very nice :)!

Please don't double post. If you would like to respond to multiple posts, use the 'MultiQuote' option.