Suggested Equipment for a Lab Rat Battledome Pet?

I am the proud owner of two lab rat pets and don't plan to change that. I like to fight 1 player challenges, plots, and wars. I'm not really interested in 2 player tourney fighting. I don't plan to take the time or NP to even out the stats either. Therefore I want to focus on the best equipment.

I have been studying the guides for battledome equipment and the changes to new battledome. Good advice and it has saved me from dumping NPs into shields, reflectors or duel duty weapons. I know I need to invest in a 50% or 100% healer now that an easy fight won't bring me up to full hit points.

I liked the article on basic weapon sets categorized for player stage (beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert). It would be great to get some suggestions for basic weapon sets designed for lab rats in those same categories. Personally I want to plan for a high intermediate to a low advanced set that compliments some of the solid weapons I have now. I planned to have all of my battledome equipment in my gallery before posting, but we can't un-equip weapons right now. I'll fix this once they fix that.

My main fighting pet has HP in the 900's, attack in 400's, defence in the 20's, and level in mid 30's. Intelligence is in 300's and can be raised inexpensively if needed. I can't give the exact stats because Neopets is down right now but you get the idea. So I can access fairy abilities I train level when I do train.

Maybe this information could be used for a new battlepedia article for Lab Rat lovers.

I thank you for help and suggestions,

Laura

Well, without knowing what weapons you currently have, it's kind of difficult to recommend ones to supplement that.

Good defensive weapons for a lab rat include:

• freezers (block your opponent's entire attack, so the ultimate defense): randomly firing freeze ray (50% - at a more modest cost), magical marbles of mystery (100%), and the 2 faerie abilities
  • defensive/healing faerie abilities (for later turns, to minimize damage/heal)
  • things that block a certain percentage of your opponent's attack: Downsize! (50% once per battle), downsize power plus/thick smoke bomb (100%, one-use -- useful in plots/wars for those tough opponents you just can't beat -- I like to have a nice stock of these during non-war-time, and if you don't need them, you can make a profit during the war), Thyoras Tear (100% once per battle)
  • things that 100% block one icon (especially useful in 1P, when you know someone is heavy in a particular icon), such as the parasol of unfortunate demise, Hanso charisma charm, altadorian swordbreaker, certain shields (I'll leave it to others to list)
  • reflectors (these aren't based on your defense, so against certain opponents, these can actually be great, and served me really well when my defense was low and I had to endure long battles during a plot -- I used the breakable ones that were given out during said plot, so they were fairly cheap -- I found the 25% ones fairly useless unless they were multi-icon, but the 50% ones saved me many times)

As you switch opponents, you'll probably need to switch up your set a bit to match your opponent's icons. You'll probably want to just go all-in offensively and end the battle as quickly as possible, but these defensive weapons can help you last another turn, or minimize the damage on your last turn (if you know you can kill them with a single weapon). Note that most healers work before the damage of the last turn, so using some kind of defense on the last turn combined with healing will help you start the next battle closer to full HP (or have you spending less on healing potions).

On the offensive side of things, you'll want to hit heavy and hard (that's why those two freezing faerie abilities are so awesome, so you can spend your turns just whomping on your opponent without worrying about getting hurt) and get the battle over with, so get as much power as you can (g-bomb, best weapon you can afford, etc.). Obviously, you'll want to spend more money here and less on defense.

I made my major upgrades gradually, starting with bag of healing dust, then Kelpbeard's trident (I already had double YB from plot points), then a g-bomb, and most recently MMoM (I already had RFFR); I went for top-tier weapons rather than bothering with intermediate ones. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably swap the order between KT and g-bomb. I have Downsize!, HCC, and altador swordbreaker equipped (but don't really need to use them), and I have some of the 50% fragile reflectors in my SDB (and a parasol) if I ever want them.

Not knowing what weapons you have, my first recommendation would be to train level as aggressively as you can. If you can access Deadly Dice and have good timing, do that every day (it's 3am for me, so not an option). Train as often as you can, even if you have to spend a little NP (but battle for free codestones) -- the faerie abilities are worth it, and in the long run, it'll be much, much cheaper than an equivalent weapon upgrade.

Siniri didn't say it directly, so I will: for lab rats, shields are NOT useful. Your defense boost is too low to make them worthwhile. My strategy with my lab pet mirrors a lot of what siniri said: Hit hard and try to end the battle quickly to minimize your damage. Keep your HP high so you can take some big hits. And get a percentage healer. I'm a big fan on Velms Healing Potion.

I noticed your pets have really high strength and relatively low defense. Is this a side effect from the lab map or was this intentional? I've seen several pets with this stat stack, so I'm just curious if this is a "thing." Best offense is a good offense mentality?

That's a side effect from the Lab Ray. Over time, the Lab Ray tends to result in big gains in HP (since it will never decrease HP), moderate gains in strength, small gains in level, and a decrease or very small increase in defense.

Thanks for the info. Very good advice especially about reflectors. I thought they were linked with defence like shields. I still can't unequip my weapons to lay out my arsenal for you :( :sad01_anim: .

As answered before the Lab Ray does eat defence and level while increasing HP and strength. I tried to train up level and defence on my 2nd pet, but over time you must invest time and NP or become uneven. Training requires timing and attention that I'm not good at for extended periods.

I don't have the lab, but over the years I've found reflectors a mostly reasonable method of squeaking out a victory. ;) Here is a quick list of the fragile 50% reflectors and what they reflect.

Turbo Flame Reflector 50% Fire

Super U-Bend 50% Water

Shovel Plus 50% Earth

Ultra Dark Reflectorb 50% Dark

Double Dryer 50% Air

Instead of Dual Battle Mirror for reflecting light, GET an Expert Lens! CHEAP and it reflects 50% Light without the risk of breaking forever.

There aer also Full-blockers, Like the Parasol of Unfortunate Demise which Blocks ALL light, and then some, and the Hanso Charisma Charm Which blocks all dark while using an ok-level attack. And if you want something to stop heavy Physical damage type. I believe I saw this one mentioned above, the Altadorian Swordbreaker blocks all physical, while dealing out a rather pathetic attack of Earth icons. Physical can't be reflected, only blocked.

There are higher levels of reflectors out there, but without knowing your budget, I'm going with the cheaper ones. ;)

I hope this is useful. :)

I use the Scarab Ring to good effect with my lab rat turned BD pet. But it really depends on current equipment. I need to upgrade my pet's armor tbh. I have been relying on their (since they keep swapping gender I tend to look at them as a genderfluid pet lol) intense HP and high strength more than anything.