Side Accounts - what to do with the lag rewards?

spotify95

Hello,

As we all know, TNT has decided to give us some rewards for putting up with the lag problems for so long. This includes a couple of items, 20,000NP, and 300NC. These prizes are awarded as soon as you log into your Neopets account.

My question is this: when you log into any side accounts, I have noticed that you also get the prizes - so because every account (whether main or side) is getting them, I take it you are allowed to keep these items. Is this correct?

Also, are the items (1 potion and 1 book) allowed to be transported to my main, or should they stay on the side? I know about the side account rules (you're not allowed to make Neopoints or items) but just wanted this clarifying, because these items were given to me when logged in.

Furthermore, and this is my main question that I need to ask: how am I allowed to spend the 20,000NP that has been given out (along with the 2500NP when creating the account)? Since this has made my total side account assets greater than 3,000NP, it means I am no longer able to visit the Soup Kitchen to feed my pets. I know that (usually) you are allowed to go onto the Shop Wizard to buy items (as long as the NP comes from my main) but since TNT has given us this free NP, can I use it on my side account? I would probably just use this 20000 NP for buying cheap food items from the Shop Wizard, in order to look after my pets there (until all the NP has run out, then I'd go back to the Soup Kitchen, or transferring items from my main).

Additionally, I now have 450NC on my side account (150 for joining up + 300 from the lag prizes) - is there any way of transferring this to my main, as I have no intentions of using it on my side?

Can someone please clarify what I am and am not allowed to do, with regards to this situation?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Spotify95

I just went ahead and donated the NP and items to the wishing well. I don't really have a use for extras of the items, but if I'd known TNT was okay with us keeping the prizes I would have spent the NP on something nice for my pets on that account. I'm not too worried about it anyway, and I still have the NC.

Well I have 2 side accounts. Which both recieved the 300NC. obviously. Which i find pretty useless. ONly for the fact that I can't use any of the good NC items Like fortune cookies. I think for those who have multiple pets on sides its a nice little option to give them some free NC wearables to look nice with :). The NP will just rot. So will the items. I dunno- i think the lag b gone is selling for a nice little price on the SW? Maybe ill donate :P

Well I have 2 side accounts. Which both received the 300NC. obviously. Which i find pretty useless. ONly for the fact that I can't use any of the good NC items Like fortune cookies. I think for those who have multiple pets on sides its a nice little option to give them some free NC wearables to look nice with :). The NP will just rot. So will the items. I dunno- i think the lag b gone is selling for a nice little price on the SW? Maybe ill donate :P

Hi guys, thanks for all of the replies so far! :)

I'm definitely keeping the items that were given - but I was wondering this: would I get into trouble if the items were transferred to my main, and put into my SDB (for the Packrat avatar) so I could then sell the items I got from logging into my main? or would this be okay?

As for the NP - I'll definitely keep it - I plan on using it via the Shopwiz to buy cheap food, is this okay? I asked previously about buying cheap food via the Shopwiz (on my side account) here because I had the 2500NP to spend from when I created my side - and I need to clarify before I go shopwizzing.

I also find the NC to be pretty useless - I'm certainly not going to do anything with the NC (300 from the lag + 150 for creating the account) on my side account! Is there any way of transferring the NC to my main, as I'm much more likely to spend it there? Or is the only option to buy it from my side and gift it (via a gift box - also, where can I get one from?) to my main?

Once again thanks for all of your replies. :)

Guys, it's pretty obvious when TNT rewards a prize in that fashion, it's okay to claim on your sides since there's no way to avoid it. It's not like you had to go out of your way to claim it. It was rewarded right when you logged on.

You're right, Spotify. The only way to get the NC on your main is to buy items and then send it there via gift box :(

but I was wondering this: would I get into trouble if the items were transferred to my main, and put into my SDB

that would be fine :)

I plan on using it via the Shopwiz to buy cheap food, is this okay?

it's always better to buy and sell using your main account only , so you can send the 20k to your main via the TP , or keep it on your side and put your pets in the neolodge where they stay fed and happy.

Or is the only option to buy it from my side and gift it (via a gift box - also, where can I get one from?) to my main?

yes thats the only way and you can get gift boxes only by buying mystery capsules

that would be fine :)

it's always better to buy and sell using your main account only , so you can send the 20k to your main via the TP , or keep it on your side and put your pets in the neolodge where they stay fed and happy.

yes thats the only way and you can get gift boxes only by buying mystery capsules

I thought that TNT frowned upon people who transferred NP's from a side account to a main account? I'm taking it that the NP that was given to the side was to be spent on the side?

I thought that the NC Gift boxes were the way of doing it... in that case it may be worth buying a gift box and buying the NC item on the side, then shipping it across (via the gift box) to my main? As I have more NC on my side than I do my main.

So, from what I have found out so far:

a) The gifts that I received on my side account can be transported across to my main's Safety Deposit Box, for Packrat reasons, if I sold my gifts I received on my main. However, I cannot sell the ones I got from my side?

b ) I can gift NC items from my side to my main - so long as I also buy a gift box. Can these gift boxes be bought from the NC Mall, using NC that I have already got?

c) It is unclear what I can and cannot do with the 20,000NP - i.e. buying cheap foods etc? <- this is the main reason why I submitted an editorial question to TNT.

Once again thanks for your help so far!

Edit: I have just submitted a question to the Neopets Editorial. Hopefully they'll give me some definitive answers!