Neopets...are fixing....the lag?!

caleew

Glad that I completed my trade before the site went down.

It's been a bit of touch and go for me. Ironically the closet didn't work for a short while before running smoothly.

I still don't see much improvement lag-wise.

Hopefully this lag can be fixed soon.

I tried to send a score for the daily double thing when it was one of the games I'm good at and it was right before the turnover to the new day and couldn't complete the sending cause of the lag. :| I'm trying to make money here, TNT.

I'm not sure what people were expecting. If it was as easy as taking the site offline once, they would have done it back in September. Even though it's frustrating at times and super annoying, I do think they are doing a fairly good job with it as it takes time to diagnose and rectify, which they did while giving us an event to help out with.

Hopefully they find it soon because for as much as we find it irritating, I can't imagine how annoyed they are lol

When your site is already congested and flailing, you don't entice more people to be active for longer on the site (aka you don't run an event when you're still dealing with tremendous lag that reminds older neopians of when they went on neopets on dial-up).

That's really the crux of my frustrations. Is that they can't be ignorant about various aspects of the site (such as user activity). And it feels like they are.

Otherwise the event ends up feeling like a consolation prize for having the patience to fight through the lag.

And you especially don't neglect to fully explain what parts of the site you're actually working on when it goes 'down for maintenance'. If I did that on my own site I would definitely expect people to express the same frustrations as they have on this forum and on the neoboards.

I wish they would hurry up and get it fixed... I've noticed the lag is worse today as well. It's so frustrating! I have recently found myself with LOADS of free time (which must be one of the first times in so many years that this has happened!) and I can't indulge in an old pastime, which I was really looking forward to :-(

I guess we can all focus on developing our other talents (art, writing etc) in the meanwhile ;-)

I had trouble with it yesterday, the dang lag!!

This is funny...on Facebook yesterday Neopets posted this:

"Trivia Tuesday! Which land is known for its brilliant scholars?"

Most replies were: LAGLAND!

Hahahaha! Sad, but true, right? It's effecting everyone out there! :sad01_anim:

Just now I was unable to send a score twice in a row because I got the "our servers are having trouble" message. I checked isitdownrightnow.com before I started to make sure the site was up before I started, but in the few minutes it took me to get a 1000 NP score, the site went down. :(

When the site is up, it's faster than ever, though. :P

Just now I was unable to send a score twice in a row because I got the "our servers are having trouble" message. I checked isitdownrightnow.com before I started to make sure the site was up before I started, but in the few minutes it took me to get a 1000 NP score, the site went down. :(

When the site is up, it's faster than ever, though. :P

Thanks Orangebright. I have also been having trouble sending in scores. Yesterday I tried to send in a score several times, then finally gave up and started the game again. By the time I was able to finish that game, and because it was only a few minutes before midnight NST, I sent in a very low score just to get a few NPs.

I keep thinking it must problems with my ISP or computer, so I very much appreciate hearing that others are also having the same difficulties.

However I have not noticed any increase in speed as you noted above. Maybe then that is caused by my ISP or computer, or perhaps it's that the lag and outages have been so frequent that I have not noticed any improvement. :(