Top Gamer Avatar?

jcwise89

I've been working towards the top gamer avatar and I've hit several difficulties. Right now I'm at 245 (only 5 away!!!!) and I've hit a brick wall.

On some games, I get the notification that I need the latest Shockwave plug-in, and I've followed the link, finished installation, restarted my computer, and I reload the game and it gives me the same error again. I've done this three times now, and I can't figure out what's going on.

There are also a couple games that don't seem to be sending scores though they show up in my list of games that are still available for high scores, such as Wheeler's Wild Ride (Mirror), which gives me the option to send score but it just loops back to the beginning, no NPs given and no score sent. Double or Nothing also isn't showing, and it doesn't say you need to get a certain amount for high score like the slots games do.

Also, Petpet Plunge (Mirror) and Haunted Shootery (both mirror and regular) just will not load for some reason.

And of course, I haven't been able to do Splat a Sloth or Dar-BLAT!

Any suggestions?? I only need 5 games to get this av! Thanks!

TDN has a really helpful page that will show you all of the games you haven't played yet which could probably help a lot. Looking at your games list, I'd say go for Dice Escape, Brain Tree Quest, Hannah and the Ice Caves, Double or Nothing, and any of the slots. Remember, you don't need a high score, you just need to play it, Double or Nothing is on the list of games that count towards the avatar.

There's also Coal War Tactics and Terror Mountain Tilt missing from your list, as well as Food Club and Stamp Collector (which isn't really a game, just a trophy for collecting most stamps. There are several stamps below 10NP you could simply put in your stamp album to get that one showing).

TDN has a really helpful page that will show you all of the games you haven't played yet which could probably help a lot. Looking at your games list, I'd say go for Dice Escape, Brain Tree Quest, Hannah and the Ice Caves, Double or Nothing, and any of the slots. Remember, you don't need a high score, you just need to play it, Double or Nothing is on the list of games that count towards the avatar.

I've been using that page and all of the games I have left either don't work (Hannah and the Ice Caves and Dice Escape give me the Shockwave error) or I can't get it to send a high score (Double or Nothing, I've collected 10 NP and 20 NP and still nothing, and Black Pawkeet Slots I have earned NPs from but I can't figure out a way to "send my score" if that makes sense)...is there a certain threshold I need to cross for either of those?? I forgot about Brain Tree Quest, I'll definitely do that. I passed on it first because it's not a "traditional" game and wasn't sure if I could get a high score from it.

For Shockwave games, look here for a possible work-around. It has been posted by other TDN members. If you are using Firefox as your web browser, make sure you have downloaded/installed "Shockwave for Director". It would be listed as a plug-in. Flash, another plug-in I'm sure you are familiar with, is called "Shockwave Flash" in Firefox. It can be confusing, as you may think you already have "Shockwave" installed, when you could only have "Shockwave Flash" installed. However, the mentioned link should have taken you to the correct download. Just in case, the link to "Shockwave" can be found here. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Shockwave is buggy, at best. It is older technology, and I thought Flash was supposed to replace it. However, it is still around and is still being updated by Adobe.

As for "Splat-A-Sloth", it still works for me. However, it looks like you no longer receive NP when you submit your score. You can earn a ribbion for "so many plays".

When I search for "Wheeler's Wild Ride" in the Games Room, it is not found. The game may not exist on Neopets anymore and that could be why you are unable to submit your score.

"Double Or Nothing" is found and works for me. You may want to try updating Adobe Flash, if you already haven't.

"Petpet Plunge" loads. You may want to try the direct route and not your "mirror". http://www.neopets.com/games

/game.phtml?game_id=1078&size=regular&quality=high&play=true

"Haunted Shootery" is not loading for me, either. This may require a ticket to be submitted to TNT or check the Neoboards. I have a feeling it is not working, due to the transition from Nickeloden to Jump Start. A lot of things have been "glitchy" since then.

EDIT: "Dar-BLAT" works, too. I just can't hit that fast moving guy/gal! Again, see if there is an update for Flash for your browser. The latest is version 16. Remember, if you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, you will have to update Flash for EACH browser, as there are different plug-ins for each.

Good luck!

There's also Coal War Tactics and Terror Mountain Tilt missing from your list, as well as Food Club and Stamp Collector (which isn't really a game, just a trophy for collecting most stamps. There are several stamps below 10NP you could simply put in your stamp album to get that one showing).

Thanks for the suggestions!! Coal War wasn't showing up on my uncompleted list for some reason, so thanks for that!! I'll definitely add some stamps and get Stamp Collector too. TMT is having the shockwave error I mentioned in my post, and I don't even know how to do food club...I looked at it and was like "yeah this looks too complicated" lol. Thanks so much!

For Shockwave games, look here for a possible work-around. It has been posted by other TDN members. If you are using Firefox as your web browser, make sure you have downloaded/installed "Shockwave for Director". It would be listed as a plug-in. Flash, another plug-in I'm sure you are familiar with, is called "Shockwave Flash" in Firefox. It can be confusing, as you may think you already have "Shockwave" installed, when you could only have "Shockwave Flash" installed. However, the mentioned link should have taken you to the correct download. Just in case, the link to "Shockwave" can be found here. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Shockwave is buggy, at best. It is older technology, and I thought Flash was supposed to replace it. However, it is still around and is still being updated by Adobe.

As for "Splat-A-Sloth", it still works for me. However, it looks like you no longer receive NP when you submit your score. You can earn a ribbion for "so many plays".

When I search for "Wheeler's Wild Ride" in the Games Room, it is not found. The game may not exist on Neopets anymore and that could be why you are unable to submit your score.

"Double Or Nothing" is found and works for me. You may want to try updating Adobe Flash, if you already haven't.

"Petpet Plunge" loads. You may want to try the direct route and not your "mirror". http://www.neopets.com/games

/game.phtml?game_id=1078&size=regular&quality=high&play=true

"Haunted Shootery" is not loading for me, either. This may require a ticket to be submitted to TNT or check the Neoboards. I have a feeling it is not working, due to the transition from Nickeloden to Jump Start. A lot of things have been "glitchy" since then.

Good luck!

Thanks for the links! I'll definitely play around and see if I can get the shockwave work-around to work.

I already have PetPet Plunge, but the Mirror version would count as another game lol. I guess I'm going to give up on that one :)

Still can't figure out what's happening w/ Double or Nothing though. Super weird!

Oh and re: Sloth and Dar-BLAT, they physically work, I just can't hit them!! My reflexes are not that fast lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit btton if you have something to add.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There are mirror versions of games.

Visit my UL and play all the games I've played, as I do have the avatar. Mind you some won't be available anymore, but surely, 250 will be.

candiebabe92

Thanks for the suggestions!! Coal War wasn't showing up on my uncompleted list for some reason, so thanks for that!! I'll definitely add some stamps and get Stamp Collector too. TMT is having the shockwave error I mentioned in my post, and I don't even know how to do food club...I looked at it and was like "yeah this looks too complicated" lol. Thanks so much!

Food Club is only complicated if you try to make your own bets. (Even then it's a relatively simple system when you get the hang of it, but I digress) Just follow Hugo's bets ( http://www.neopets.com/~myfoodclubbets) and you'll end up pretty well-off in the long run with very little effort put into it.

I just got this avatar the other day, so I feel your pain!

One I noticed you don't have is Card Collector for the TCG cards. I had some extra cards so I sent them to you. Hopefully if you add them to your NeoDeck, you will get a score for that :)

A Petpet Park game that I didn't see on your list: http://www.neopets.com/petpetpark/games.phtml?game_id=1002

Another hidden game for you to try: http://www.neopets.com/games/game.phtml?game_id=359

Hopefully this will get you the avatar!

Thank you so much everyone!! I got the avvie!! :D

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.