What should I do with my Advent Calender prizes?

CherryGrass

Hello everyone :)

This is the first year I've done the advent calender, and some of the prizes are cool but they're starting to clog up my inventory now.

I'm just wondering what I should do with them. Is it better to keep them or to sell them now or what? I'm guessing the prices for them wouldn't be very much now since anyone can get them. Will the prices go up later?

I'm just not sure whether to keep them or not.

Edit:

I just remembered that I've also got two of the chests at the moment. Is it worth buying the NC key to open them?

Do you have the Pack Rat avatar? If you're an avy collector, I think this is a great chance to get unique items to fill your SDB with. That's what I'm doing, at least! Also, some items might become more valuable in a few months, so you might wanna hang on to some of them. :)

About the chests, you might want to look at the prizes you can earn before you buy any keys.

Jellyneo has a guide that mentions the exclusive prizes, but I'm not sure if there are more. x_x

I'd chuck it into your SDB just in case. I have some stuff from several years ago floating around. Usually Christmas items, especially wearables, spike in popularity this time of year and older items that are hard to get tend to jump way up in price. You never know, something that was a couple hundred neopoints today could be worth a couple million in a few years. Bit of a gamble though.

I tend to stuff everything into my SDB. I have things from the AC from like Y6 in my SDB. I get kind of attached to them and feel like it's bragging rights to have items so old that are now retired.

If you are in need of money, wait for a few months and the prices will go up for those items as people use things like the books or wearables and want second copies of whatever.

I do the same thing that Angeló does. I read the books and if they are really cheap I buy them for all my neopets to read and then get a few more to put in my SDB to sale later down the road.