BC Question?

SugarPixelz

Okay, so I went to make a pet the other day, based off of the Kelpie, a mythological horse. Unfortunately, the only name available was Kalepee, and I immediatley got suspended. I did send in a ticket though and they cancelled the suspension, but they said that since they couldn't return the pet because of what the name implies.

I was able to do some research and make a pet named Baekhest, which is like the Scandinavian cousin of the Kelpie, and right now I'm making a BC entry.

The only problem is that it has a skull in it, will it be allowed?

Here's my reference sheet. I'm gonna be pixelating it soon.

tumblr_nbo5k8Y9yx1tjv7wwo1_500.jpg

Kalepee is a variation of the word Kelpie, who, in Scottish mythology, was a horse that lived in lakes and such, and drowned and ate children.

Ugh, that means I have to replace that.

Thank you! :)

On one hand I'm tempted to say no to the skull BUT there are several items containing skull imagery on the site (pirate potato crisps, moehog skull, sugar skull fortune cookies from the NC mall, the Geraptiku guy[right? or am I thinking of a petpet? can't remember], the skull space on the wheel of excitement...)

I think this is just one of those situations where there's not really any clear answer :/ but since it's not super graphic or realistic I think you have a case for it!

Thank you!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't think the skull will be a problem. There's lots of skull-related stuff on the site, and some pet colors that include skull clothing.

But I do understand TNT's issue with Kalepee. It's got "pee" in the name. A silly reason for suspension, but that's TNT for you. I personally really like how Baekhest sounds anyway. :) Good luck with the BC.

Thank you!

They cancelled my suspension because I didn't mean to do it purposely, but then I told them what I was trying to do, and they said that they couldn't return my pet because of that. :/

I also prefer Baekhast too! It sounds more mysterious. Now I need to pixelate that, transfer him to my main account, and paint him Maraquan!

i don't look at bc entries a lot, but i've seen some that are pretty dark and creepy, and yours looks rather light despite the skull. i think it's ok. if they have a problem with it, they'll probably let you know. it's at their discretion which entries to put in the contest, so just submitting it won't get you in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm guessing because it has 'pee' in the name. They deleted my pet 'Reindeerfart' even though 'fart' still exists. Go figure. BTW I love your entry so far! :)

And Wildbreeze I can't stop watching the kittens on the Roomba!