Might update my weapons...help?

Hey guys, I'm at the point where I think it might be useful to start thinking about upgrading my weapons, mainly my healer. Here are my battle pet's stats

Hit Points: 128

Attack: 99 (working towards the next boost)

Defence: 88

My current set is:

Gilded War Hammer

Lesser Healing Scroll

Leaf Shield

Patched Magic Hat

Scroll of Ultranova

Snowager Sword

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Scroll of the Wise

Any recommendations? I only play 1P BD for fun/events like the Obelisk. I've looked through the Battlepedia but I'm not 100% sure how many of the items in their suggested sets are overrated/how much the guides need updating since prices have changed.

I think they have been updated recently, but I'm not quite sure on that.

I would recommend upgrading your lesser healing scroll to a greater healing scroll.

Aside from that you could check into the following weapons:

• Ylanas Blaster
  • Scroll of Knowledge
  • Honey Potion
  • Downsize possibly depending on your faerie abilities

These are all weapons that I've used and still have in my set. Except for the Honey Potion which I upgraded to a Ghostkerbomb. :)

A favourite of mine at a reasonable price for the damage it can do, is Dr sloths personal bath buddy, great little constant that also holds its value so you can buy it, try it, and even if its not what you want you wont lose np when you resell .. cant go wrong if you ask me :)

I also love ghostkerbomb and Kelpbeards trident but they do cost a lot more and the ghostkerbomb can only be used once per battle.

Keep up the training its the main difference in the end

Hmm, I don't use many weapons myself because my BD pet is such a high level/stat pet anyway. I use the rejuvenating jar of brains as a healer. It heals 60hp in a battle. I also have Brynn's sword and the Hanso charisma charm, as well as downsize. For any upgrades though from what you have, I kind of agree with Mouseykins.

I think you should concentrate on your Level and Endurance-the rest doesnt really matter. Get a Ylanas Blaster and Honey Potion and increase your Faerie abilities as much as you can.

With respect to this opinion, I have a different opinion to this

I think that it does matter what your strength and defense levels are because any weapon you have will do the amount of damage multiplied by your strength boost, so for example at my level the strength boost multiplies the damage by 13 times. If you have a great weapon but low strength you wont make the best of it.

Raising your level means that it costs more to train each stat, so its a good idea to make sure this is the tactic you want to use as it could work out very expensive raising the level, once it is a high level every stat lift is going to cost more in dubloons or codestones.

My strategy is centered around level, HP and more strength. I just got level 200 which gives me Warlocks Rage, and combined with Lens Flare, and MoM I don't use defense that often. I agree with above though, training makes a big difference. I use Faerie cookies, the lab and traditional training the most as my battle pet is my lab rat.

I would recommend boots of leaping & an anchient shenkuu cannon. Both are inexpensive and work well for me :)

I agree that all the stats are fairly important, with the exception of Agility, unless you want to use a Heavy Robe of Thievery, in which case it only has to be at 201 + a REALLY low and easily attainable intelligence rating. I prefer to go with a balanced approach for strength and defense, and keep Endurance in-line with them so that continuous training is possible. Endurance CAN be 3x the level, but if endurance is trained above 2x the level, you can NOT train other stats until level is raised to 2x Endurance. So it's not really a great idea to train Endurance to 3x imho. ;)

Here are some weapon guides we have in the battlepedia that might help with your equipment choices.

This has some listings of a various types of weapons; Constants, dual-duties, reflectors, etc. I especially like the reflectors section. ;) Just a personal preference. XD

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/under-500k/

This one gives some possible set ideas that fall within a certain maximum cost.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

Prices can fluctuate, but we try to keep them updated periodically.

Some species have some INTERESTING weapons that only they can use. For example, healing items, some species have 50% healers you can use once per battle, Peophins, Lennies and a couple others have freezing items that are once per battle. While MOST Species only equipment that, like all the full-armours, almost completely stink, some species do have some good items, and as such, some players may morph their pets into a species with such a nice item. You can check out the species-specific equipment here, by clicking on the picture of the species you are looking at.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/species/index/

Hope this helps! :)

Happy battling. :)