Pernicious Anaemia/Megaloblastic Anaemia

leverhelven

A few months ago, after spending years struggling with exhaustion, excessive sleepiness, pains all over my body and an overall feeling of "I wanna lay down and die", I was finally diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia, which means my body cannot absorb vitamin B12 orally, so I have to take monthly shots. Megaloblastic anaemia is a similar condition.

I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum also suffers from this condition. Today was a terrible, terrible day in which I could barely stand on my feet and had to take an emergency shot. The feeling is awful. I feel better a few days after taking the shots, but I'm starting to feel one month is a way too long period to wait.

Anyways, this is half a venting post, half a post looking for someone with a similar situation. Has any of you ever struggled with Pernicious Anaemia, Megaloblastic Anaemia, or even any other kind of anaemia as well? We can vent together. :(

I just found out yesterday that my ma has mitochondria disease. She has similar symptoms and has to get an IV for 4 hrs every day for 10 days and be on a certain diet for 21. I felt bad because I thought she was a hypochondriac...but all of this came about because of stress. Her husband is an evil man.

I myself am OVER being pregnant. I have 6 weeks to go and keep getting awful cramp-like stomach and neck pains, sometimes I don't even wanna try n get up but I have to for my son. Waaah...I feel your pain. -hugs-

I'm so sorry for what you have to deal with :( sending another hug your way!

I just took my iron supplement and B12 an hour or so ago. I have crohns so anemia kind of comes with the package. Of course it's just the iron deficient kind of anemia so it's really nothing. I did have some iron infusions at the hospital though.

Two days from now I have my monthly infusion of my crohns medication but I'm also getting bloodwork done to see how I'm doing with my iron and B12. It's so easy to take supplements though, I can only imagine the frustration of having to have them injected :(

well I may not be able to relate to your specific condition but I definitely know the feeling of "I just want to lay down and die". As I write this in fact I have an ice pack on my stomach as I eagerly await my next dose of meds.

But hang in there <3 I'm wishing you a better day tomorrow, and a better rest of the week :)

The only aneamia I've experienced was being iron deficient through most of my last pregnancy. I had to take iron pills and kept forgetting to take the darn things so I wasn't really getting any better. I was very lazy and couldn't really do too much without wearing myself out completely. Thankfully after my daughter was born my iron levels stabilized. I hope your condition improves soon so you can get back to feeling normal. :) *hugs*

I just found out yesterday that my ma has mitochondria disease. She has similar symptoms and has to get an IV for 4 hrs every day for 10 days and be on a certain diet for 21. I felt bad because I thought she was a hypochondriac...but all of this came about because of stress. Her husband is an evil man.

I myself am OVER being pregnant. I have 6 weeks to go and keep getting awful cramp-like stomach and neck pains, sometimes I don't even wanna try n get up but I have to for my son. Waaah...I feel your pain. -hugs-

Ugh the end is the worst lol! I've been there recently too. Pay attention to your cramps though, could be Braxton Hicks or actual contractions. I slept through most of my labour and almost didn't make it to the hospital lol. But that's a story for another time. :)

I'm so sorry you feel that awful :( I've got a mild form of thalassaemia, thalassaemia minor, which is quite typical for the region where I was born. Thalassaemia is quite the opposite of the iron deficiency anemia in terms of processing iron. It also gives some protection from malaria, which could come handy, I suppose...

However it's not affecting me much apart from not being able to give blood and feeling weak sometimes.

Oh no =/ I'm sorry you have to go through that. Personally, I do not like injections of ANY kind.

I've been having symptoms of Menier's disease for quite a few years. I just got my county insurance and an appointment on the 22nd to see what's actually wrong with me, but I still firmly believe it's Menier's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménière's_disease

I lost internet connection for the week and couldn't answer my own post D:

Anyways, thanks for the support, guys. I wish I could self-inject the darn B12 (though I don't think that I'd have the guts to, even if I did learn!). Healthcare in Brazil is universal, so I don't have to pay a thing, but it sucks having to wait and wait and wait at the Health Center, just so a doctor can spend literally 5 seconds to inject me. Bah. Guess we can't have the best of both worlds.

Oh no =/ I'm sorry you have to go through that. Personally, I do not like injections of ANY kind.

I've been having symptoms of Menier's disease for quite a few years. I just got my county insurance and an appointment on the 22nd to see what's actually wrong with me, but I still firmly believe it's Menier's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ménière's_disease

Is it similar to labyrinthitis? My Mom's got labyrinthitis, and I know how sucky it is :/

I just took my iron supplement and B12 an hour or so ago. I have crohns so anemia kind of comes with the package. Of course it's just the iron deficient kind of anemia so it's really nothing. I did have some iron infusions at the hospital though.

What type/stage is your Chron's? I'm sorry to hear it, I know how though it can be to deal with this disease :/

I absolutely cannot stand waiting for long periods of time at the doctors office. Especially if it's for something quick and easy like a shot. That must drive you insane -_- especially if you'e not feeling great since your medications worn off

I just have the really stereotypical crohns disease. Down through the small intestine and the large. If I had caught it earlier I would be in much better shape now, but it's being very stubborn and doesn't want to respond to medication the way it should. So I'm still in a severe flare and still trying to find a treatment plan that works.

I probably have some form of IBD - either Crohns or ulcerative colitis. A while back I was having GI bleeding and I understand the tired/Iwanttolaydownanddie feeling from anemia but fortunately mine was temporary. Many hugs going your way, chronic diseases suck.

To the person who said they had Meniere's - I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and it SUCKS! My episodes are recurring although not constant, and I know how scary the vertigo can be!

Is it similar to labyrinthitis? My Mom's got labyrinthitis, and I know how sucky it is :/

I'm sorry to read that too =/

From what I've read, it's only similar as far as the vertigo is concerned.

Ménière's has inconstant ringing/tinnitus and sometimes ear pressure that can effect the hearing long term if it gets bad enough.

My mom has anemia. She needs to take iron pills. She has not talked to me about how anemia affects her besides that it makes her skin very fair.

I hope that you feel better & that your condition improves