*pokes and hands in article shyly*

leverhelven

So, hi again :* My NT article came out today and I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could read it and send me some feedback! You can read it here :)

Please remember that this was my very first article, so I know it needs some polishing; also, I totally forgot to put in some html to make reading easier. I had bolds and italics on my original Word draft, but forgot to put the brackets when sending, so sorry about it! x_x

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy reading it :* :* :*

I really liked your article. The idea of having most of the article as an interview was genius and I love how the article was something that not only happened in Neopets but, in the real world too. It was funny and I think it's the only Neopian Times article I've read to the end in awhile. Your writing's great and I hope you write more! :thumbsup:

I told you I was really excited to read this and you did not disappoint! :D It's really great.

Not only was in fun, but original. I like that it wasn't too serious, a lot of jokes and giggles, but I mean at the same time it does have some pretty serious undertones. Hey maybe you've inspired TNT to make more female players ;) I would love to see that one day, it would be a nice balance.

That was really good, Patty! I adore Mirsha Grelinek, so seeing her in this article made me so happy. :) I also love the personality you gave her, it fits in with my headcanon of Mirsha.

I particularly liked Derlyn commenting on how the media talks to female athletes vs male athletes. It happens to other groups too! In the real world, there's that one press conference for The Avengers where Robert Downey Jr. is asked about playing a character like Tony Stark, then ScarJo being asked about her figure/diet for playing Black Widow. -_-

Definitely thought-provoking, and a great article. :D Congratulations once again!

So, hi again :* My NT article came out today and I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could read it and send me some feedback! You can read it here :)

Please remember that this was my very first article, so I know it needs some polishing; also, I totally forgot to put in some html to make reading easier. I had bolds and italics on my original Word draft, but forgot to put the brackets when sending, so sorry about it! x_x

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy reading it :* :* :*

I found the article to be brilliant especially considering what we have in the real world, with women continuing to be treated differently than men. I always believed however that in Neopia, females and males would be treated more equally, as that did appear to be the case, but who knows? It's all a matter of headcanon really. But I definitely took real world issues in mind when reading this. I too am annoyed with how women still are being treated and portrayed in media and wonder if there will ever be improvement. Sure, we've come a long way since the 30's, but we still have a way to go.

I particularly liked Derlyn commenting on how the media talks to female athletes vs male athletes. It happens to other groups too! In the real world, there's that one press conference for The Avengers where Robert Downey Jr. is asked about playing a character like Tony Stark, then ScarJo being asked about her figure/diet for playing Black Widow. -_-

Pretty much this. Actresses don't get asked enough about the characters they play or how they play them. Not only that, but while female characters may be stronger, they're still physically depicted in a very unfortunate manner. Just look at comic books! I want a female superhero who's costume is more modest, and is NOT buxom for once. Please!

This is going off topic, maybe I should start a thread for this sort of thing...

Thank you all for your feedback and compliments! :) :) I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Yes, that part was totally inspired on that interview. Scarlett even said pretty much the same thing Derlyn says: "How come only the boys get the cool questions?" :)

I wish I could have gone deeper on the subject, but as you guys can imagine, it'd be impossible to talk about mysoginy, rape culture and violence towards women on a NT article... So I did my best to keep it adequate :P