Water-based A.C. Teams

Bodhi

Today my team, Shenkuu, is playing Mystery Island. As I played, I couldn't help wondering how their keeper managed to survive out of water.

Have any of you guys had weird thoughts like that? lol

I always thought the neopets that lived in the water had a spell cast on them by the Water Faerie or something to keep them from drying up on land and that the spell allowed them to float in air and that was how they moved. That's the only reason I can think of how they can survive on land.

Water-based ones can probably survive for a short amount of time out of water, then get hosed down every time they return to the bench.

Or, the other teams could be required to play in a huge tank of water. Just like Blitzball from Final Fantasy X. :P

Or, the other teams could be required to play in a huge tank of water. Just like Blitzball from Final Fantasy X. :P

Omg...it all makes sense now! Just like for Blitzball, it takes training to survive without water and to move around. I find this legit now xD

Omg...it all makes sense now! Just like for Blitzball, it takes training to survive without water and to move around. I find this legit now xD

Headcanon accepted! :P

I've always wondered how kikos handle the gaming, since they're just floating ovals with arms. Just fine, last I checked. xD

They probably have crazy arm strength that they use their arms as legs to propel themselves around. Or, if they're particularly agile, they use their arms as leverage to fling themselves across the court.

I definitely have, yes. Like the Kiko Lake team... 4 Kikos and a Peophin. None of them have legs, how do they move around at all?

I like to imagine the Kiko players bouncing around, hahaha :P Also, I just cannot accept the fact that Peophins are so small. People say it's because they're based on seahorses, thus their size, but I can't help but picture them as HORSES who happen to have a fish tail. Oh well... :rolleyes_anim:

Yeah, I can't stand Peophins because every time I look at one, I'm just like, "How is that poor thing supposed to move?" On land, it would just drag its hindquarters around. In the sea, it would try to change direction, but its poor horsy legs would just kick uselessly. Poor things.

Kikos are amphibious robots, though. That explains how they have go-go-gadget arms that can steal a YYB from 50 feet away. (No, I'm not currently trying to battle them in the YYB arena or anything... I am.)

There are a number of beach backgrounds that I refuse to buy because of physics mistakes (there's a MI sunrise/sunset background where the sun rises from the same place it sets... I'm like, "Windmills don't work that way!").

I seem to have gotten lazy when I got down toward the end of my "neopets measurements list", because I went with a lot of TNT canons. :P

Thus, I have 1.31 feet listed for the Peophin...or 39.93cm for the metric folks.

There are a number of beach backgrounds that I refuse to buy because of physics mistakes (there's a MI sunrise/sunset background where the sun rises from the same place it sets... I'm like, "Windmills don't work that way!").

Wow, I'd never notice such things! :D Now I'm curious, if you happen to find this background, please tell me which it is! :)

I seem to have gotten lazy when I got down toward the end of my "neopets measurements list", because I went with a lot of TNT canons. :P

Thus, I have 1.31 feet listed for the Peophin...or 39.93cm for the metric folks.

Gash, 40 cms is pathetic! They're almost the same size as the YYball itself... Oh logic...

Yeah, I can't stand Peophins because every time I look at one, I'm just like, "How is that poor thing supposed to move?" On land, it would just drag its hindquarters around. In the sea, it would try to change direction, but its poor horsy legs would just kick uselessly. Poor things.

Exactly! I like the Peophin design, but it just seems to be... Off to me when I think about it walking around on land.

Maybe the Kikos are allowed to be thrown around by their teammates. They seem to be aerodynamic enough for it. :P