Fuzzy Best Friend Appreciation Thread

nightfall8705

Nearly two years ago, I had a long, long talk with God. I realized that I had an extreme lack of comfort, affection, and devotion in my life, and as a result, my long-term clinical depression was greatly affected. I prayed for more love, attention, and companionship in my life. While I was hoping for an answer to my prayer in form of a new relationship with a man, instead, I was given Sydney. I haven't looked back.

She is my best friend. She completes me in so many ways. Call me the crazy cat lady if you want, but it's true, she has made me a better person inside and out. I could go on forever about her, but during the times I needed someone the most, she was there for me. She really is my pride and joy!

When I was sad or depressed, I could hug her and feel better. When I feel alone, she always reminds me that she's there for me. She's one of the smartest cats I've ever had in my entire life. She's completely devoted to me, and she brings a smile to my face doing the simplest of things. I can always talk to her, and sometimes she talks back. She has learned at least 10 english words. Her favorite words are "No!", "Wanna go out!", and "Mama."

There was a time when I was really sick and bedridden with a nasty virus for four days. She literally stayed by my side, sleeping with me until I got better. One time I told her I was sick, and she brought a bag to me off of my kitchen table that had a new prescription bottle in it. It was the wrong medicine, but it was the thought that counted.

She's always there for me, when I can't count on anything else. Case in point: I set my phone alarm every single day for 8 am and for 8 pm. This reason is because I am a diabetic and need to check my blood sugar around the same time every morning, and take my insulin at the same time every night.

On several occasions, Sydney has awakened me minutes before the alarm goes off for either, just to make sure I stick to my schedule. Today, she woke me up from a long nap by kissing my face. It was time for my medicine, but I didn't know because while I was asleep, my phone's battery died.

Long story short, Sydney is my very best friend, my kitty soul-mate, and my beautiful fuzzy daughter. She needs me as much as I need her, and I was not only blessed to meet her, I was blessed for the opportunity to watch her grow up and love her as well.

Do you have someone with paws in your life that you love unconditionally, that has been a blessing to you, whom you could never imagine your life without?

This is a fuzzy best friend appreciation thread! <3

Sydney-EyesFullOfWonder_zps5f520aa1.jpg

Aww, animals really are special. They understand things that some humans don't. My brother's cat Sherbert recently had kittens. And by that, I mean she had eight. EIGHT. And she's a skinny little thing. They are cute though! Syd has been looking after them too, but she doesn't like mama messing with the babies. She gets a bit jealous, lol. How old is Beefy? My Syd will be 2 in September. :3

I have a cat thread elsewhere, but this is good...it's for doggies and bunnies and chinchillas and...*happy sigh*

I'll post about mine if you want me to...I haven't really said much on the other thread, just responding to everyone else's children.

Just so you don't miss anyone's pictures, here's the link. :)

Gosh, I wasn't even aware that you already had a kitty thread or I would have posted on it instead of making my new post earlier. I posted on your thread and left an adorable pic of a younger Syd there too. <3

Well, if your babies have scales, gills, feathers, paws, tails, whiskers, shells, or cute little faces, they're welcome on this thread. They don't exactly have to be fuzzy.

I wish I could have a hedgehog for a pet, or a cute little piggy. I love farm animals. :oink:

Chinchillas are ADORABLE. :3

Thanks Lia. My Sydney Bear and I are near inseparable. We bring out the best in each other.

I was thinking of getting a dog of my own (that wasn't also my friend's) but I am already highly risking my apartment by having Syd, Sherbs, and her 8 new kittens. Besides, Sydney would kill me if I got a dog or another cat of my own for that matter. Haha.

I like golden retrievers too, but my friend's dog has really gotten me into huskies because Shadow is full blood and white with eyes that are two different colors.

If I had the money though, I''d get an Alaskan Klee Kai. I want one SOOOO bad!

I have a lot of pets, but the one that would qualify as a best friend is Molly, my dog.

JBxZBIp.png

This was taken Halloween 2010, but she still looks the same. It's my favorite picture of her.

She loves to cuddle, and she can always tell when you're not feeling well and will spend more time with you. Animals really are special that way. I trust this dog more than I've trusted any other dog. I can put my face right up to her face and not worry about her freaking out or snapping at me like some dogs do when you invade their space. I've put socks on her, Halloween costumes (last year she was a bumblebee, but I don't have any good pics of that), and she's just the most patient dog ever who puts up with all my shenanigans.

Sometimes she's annoying, like when there's a thunderstorm (she's afraid of those), but on the whole she's just the best dog ever.

I like golden retrievers too, but my friend's dog has really gotten me into huskies because Shadow is full blood and white with eyes that are two different colors.

If I had the money though, I''d get an Alaskan Klee Kai. I want one SOOOO bad!

Omg, huskies are just GORGEOUS, aren't they? I love them, and Malamutes. The only reason I wouldn't get one would be keeping it cool in the summer and all that fur!

I have a lot of pets, but the one that would qualify as a best friend is Molly, my dog.

She's so cute! Look at that gorgeous sweet face! :D

To be honest sometimes I get along better with animals then I do with people.

There's a saying here in Brazil, I don't know if it exists elsewhere, but anyways: it says "The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog". That pretty much sums it up :D

When I was sad or depressed, I could hug her and feel better. When I feel alone, she always reminds me that she's there for me. She's one of the smartest cats I've ever had in my entire life. She's completely devoted to me, and she brings a smile to my face doing the simplest of things. I can always talk to her, and sometimes she talks back. She has learned at least 10 english words. Her favorite words are "No!", "Wanna go out!", and "Mama."

Now I'm very curious: how does she "speak"? It must be very cute :)

There's a saying here in Brazil, I don't know if it exists elsewhere, but anyways: it says "The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog".

Yeah, I've seen it as a meme, only with "cat". :D

I definitely agree, considering all the trouble I've had lately. xP

Thank you everyone for the compliments!

Molly really is a cute doggie. So sweet!

Syd has a way of imitating words. She meows a certain way to where it sounds like she is saying words. She says Mama a lot when she loves on me, and she says "go out" every morning, lol. It's just the way she tries to copy my voice. It's truly cute. Sydney is really smart. I realized she truly listens the first time she ever said "maaa maaa" to me. I was touched she called me mama, but this happened when she was young and was staying at my friend's house before I ever got to bring her home the first time. I came over, sat down on the couch, and she jumped up, licked my hand, started purring, and then said mama. From then, she learned new words. Her latest word is "chow."

She says that when she wants food. Interestingly enough, she says it sometimes when I leave, (ciao can mean hi or goodbye in the Italian language), which is strange because I'm not Italian, nor do I speak Italian at home. She might have heard Giada say "ciao" on the Food Network. (She loves to watch FN and Law and Order: SVU with me for some reason.)

Nowadays, I can't figure out if she's saying "chow" or "ciao", But the thought that she might have caught on to a foreign word shows how smart she really is. :D

This my kitty Jude.

10398100_725627880826963_286214169601759

He is seriously the best cat in the world. Sometimes he purrs when I pick him up and start petting him. I would be destroyed if anything were to happen to him. It would be like losing my little boy :(