Message in general to TDN members and staff

Azurablue

Hi everyone.

I've been here trying to fit in, but apparently I crossed some sort of line yesterday and I haven't heard back yet on what it was that I did or said that merited it. All I know is that I've been warned about spam, which I heartly despise and would never intentionally do. Since I am a rather timid person and really dislike being told that I did something wrong without any specific explanations of what it was that I did, I will be leaving here as a contributing member and going back into permanent lurk mode.

Whatever it was that I did or said that has caused offense, I apologize. Not just to the staff member that I offended, but to the entire community. I had no intentions whatsoever of doing so and if I have caused harm, I am heartily sorry.

Thanks for letting me fit in, even if it was only for a short while.

Bye.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets General Chat to TDN Questions.

I'm unsure of exactly what you did, but the way I see it, you were warned, so you know not to do it again. You apologized for your mistake, and seem to have taken the steps to rectify something happening like that again, so that really should be the end of it.

I've only seen a few of your posts and you seem like a good person, and I'd hate to see you go. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes. Don't let it define you.

If I were you, I'd have a good thought towards this situation. Maybe you would change your mind... I can't stop you if you really want to leave, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd miss you on here if you left. *sends a hug* xx

I'm cannot speak officially but I believe it has to do with a few spam posts, you don't have to leave, though. Just keep in mind that posts have to be at least 7 words long and relevant to the topic. I enjoy seeing your posts around, so I'm bummed to hear you're going.

you're taking this too personal and being too hard on yourself ... i cant speak for the moderator who warned you but in general , spamming is when you post multiple times in the wrong area or keep changing the subject of the thread ... it's not a big offense and doesn't mean you're an offensive or bad person ...

take it easy ... and don't leave !!!

Aw, I really hope you will not be leaving for good! Everyone makes mistakes, and it's a live and learn process. I'm sure no one here thinks you spammed intentionally. I've had a couple of posts with the "red mark" in it. One time I was not sure what I did wrong, so I mailed the moderator to figure out the reason. Now, it can be avoided in the future. Since this happened yesterday, the admin could have been too busy to respond back at the time. I'm sure someone would have gotten back to you to explain it further. If you're reading this in lurk mode, you'll be missed! Instead of leaving permanently, you could take a break until you feel better.

Everyone here pretty much said it. Just remember to read the rules to keep posts relevant and to not double post (I've done this in the past and wish someone would bump that Mystery Island Support Thread!)

You're a new face to me, so please don't go! I love to see new faces around this awesome community ^^ The admins are also really cool people that are doing their jobs on keeping TDNF safe for all! Trust me, we had bad cookies that literally were spamming haha.

Hello there! We haven't formally met, but I'm here to echo what the others have said and offer some encouragement. We all make mistakes, and getting used to a new community may take some getting used to. By reading the rules and being mindful about what you post, you should be just fine. :) So please consider staying, it's really quite fun here as long as you're mindful of some rules.

Hello! I've seen you posts around, though I'm not sure if we've engaged in conversation directly. I got curious as to which of your posts were warned, since from what I've seen, your posts were usually on-topic and quite meaningful. You seem to have two recent posts that were flagged, one for being off-topic, another for being too short, hence, spam.

I've had one of my posts flagged before for talking about committing an act violative of neopets' rules, which I hadn't known at the time. I edited it and went on my way.

I know it could be rather disheartening to be warned twice in a row, for minor violations at that, but rules are rules. The seven-word rule might've slipped your mind or something, and the off-topic post was in a board with special rules (it's in the first post), so your error was an easy mistake to make. The mod that flagged your posts did mention the reason for flagging them, as they usually do, so that you won't repeat the same mistakes again. At least now, you'd be more vigilant in making sure your post has at least seven words, and I suggest reading the first post of some boards, especially old and pinned ones, to check if there are rules unique to that board (like the Tarla board; I've seen someone get warned there recently for posting something other than when Tarla's giving away prizes).

I've only been a member of the forum for a few months, but I can say that TDN is a pretty chill community. :) It'll be sad to see an active member go, but if staying away from the forum for a bit would make you feel better, then go ahead. Just know that you'll still be welcome here if and when you decide to come back. ;)

I wanted to give an official reply, though everyone here has mostly covered my thoughts.

First and foremost, please don't leave for this. We love having active members that enjoy Neopets and enjoy the community. That's what makes TDN the amazing community it is, the members.

I have replied to you privately about this so I could explain and answer any further questions. The warnings we send are minor and are more of a heads-up type of thing since members aren't always aware of rules being broken. We also always clarify when asked, but sometimes there's delays due to time zones or things coming up in offline life.

Aw nooo please don't go! I really like seeing you around and your neopets rant made me giggle. I know how it is though, I've done similar things like this where I've felt like I've done something wrong and have cut myself off because of it -- don't do that! You fit in perfectly around here lovely! I hope you'll change your mind :(

I've gotten warned several times and I have to admit, some have royally cheesed me off. But I usually take a break of a week or more before I end up coming back, 'cause I'm just too darn addicted!

I'm sorry if you don't feel welcome here, but everyone seems to like you (I certainly don't have a problem with you) and if you leave, whose shoulder will I cry on when I don't place in the customization challenge? ;) *chuckle*