Ugh, Key Quest cheaters.

CurlyFreys

I was in a three player game. One of the players had all the keys and was one space away from winning. So the other player used a swap position powerup on them [they didn't have all the keys.. Woo yay the game gets to continue, I get more neopoints and the chance to win still, right? WRONG! Said player proceeded to roll the dice, as expected. They rolled a 5 BUT THEN, they moved to the winning square [they still didn't have all the keys] and proceeded to just sit there and not take their remaining 4 moves. [They were still there because they used the chat box thing.] So me and the other player were forced to leave the game.

I know the persons username and I am so tempted to report them but it seems sort of childish.

I always check out their profile before I report (I've never had THAT happen, but...). You can kind of tell if someone doesn't care about the rules or if it was genuinely an accident/mistake by looking at how much they have invested into their account.

the game should have automatically made the player move. I agree with hrtbrk. People are jerks, which is why most of the time I choose to play KQ with neofriends. Much less headaches that way.

well that's pretty rude. :thumbsdown:

you're very kind for not reporting. I would probably lose my cool. lol

there's a key quest thread here for the forums if you ever want to see if anyone's around :)

I always play with neofriends as well...I don't play too often due to my internet cap (and my computer hates KQ sometimes lol) but you can always add me and request to play sometime :)

Yea it would suck to have your account frozen :< Though these bratty people are the exact reason why I don't really play KQ, or if I do I usually just play with my friends :p we both just hop around the board even after we get all our keys to rack up NPs.

You're really nice for not reporting the person, though if it was me I would have probably considered at least neomailing him/her (politely).

But i thought their turn times out after a bit because of things like that. I know I was playing at work and it skipped my turn completely a couple of times because of the time limit. Due to the time limit, you also have to choose your moves, keys, and power ups very quickly too.

But i thought their turn times out after a bit because of things like that. I know I was playing at work and it skipped my turn completely a couple of times because of the time limit. Due to the time limit, you also have to choose your moves, keys, and power ups very quickly too.

I thought it would too but we waited around for a bit and nothing happened. I think it was because he still had moves left.

What do you mean "still had moves left"? I thought it was rather impossible for a player to stall time indefinitely :P actually I thought it was impossible to stand on the winning square when you don't have all the keys too... like when you reach the crossroad there wouldn't be an option for you to turn in the direction of the winning square.

What do you mean "still had moves left"? I thought it was rather impossible for a player to stall time indefinitely :P actually I thought it was impossible to stand on the winning square when you don't have all the keys too... like when you reach the crossroad there wouldn't be an option for you to turn in the direction of the winning square.

The person used a swap positions powerup and moved to the spot directly infront of the winning square. Then they rolled a five and moved one space to the winning square. [i don't know how.] Then just sat there, with 4 moves left.

Also, hey! Your icon is Luhan!

If they moved to the winning square without all the keys, that was definitely a glitch. They probably weren't able to move after that (since there are no squares beyond the winning square). I think it would have been cheating to take advantage of a glitch like that, but it sounds like KQ didn't accept the win. This at least serves as a good warning to KQ players, though - if you're missing keys but have the option to move into the winning square, don't take it.

Yeah - it could have been a glitch.

Curly - consider playing with someone from this forum. They are really cool and there is a thread where you can meet other people to play and decide HOW you are going to play prior to beginning.

Yes, definitely sounds like a glitch to me too. I have been in spots where I haven't made decisions quick enough so they were "made for me" by the game. For instance, whether I was going to roll or not, which direction I was going to move, etc. I think the person probably couldn't move, or did not realize they had a power up played on them before their turn, thought they still had all of the keys, moved to the winning square and couldn't do anything after that.

Also, hey! Your icon is Luhan!

:offtopic: Oh my hey! You know him! ^^ *the drama with Kris now though sighhhh TAT*

Key Quest is just generally glitchy for me sometimes, and on occasions it just flat out decides not to corporate with me and become extremely laggy. Not exactly an advantage during mini games where I get pwned :P