Real Life Lessons We Learned From Neo

Shelley

Aw thank you for posting that Shelley, really enjoyed reading it. So much nostalgia from outdated art!!

17. But most of all we learned to put other people’s (or pets’) needs before our own.

"I'll eat when my neopets eat, Mom!"

This is so accurate, I still cannot abandon any pet (even ones like brittany181_121 the Aisha) in the pound even though I recognize they're not actual living breathing things.

It's those messages that kill me "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME"

haha the best part was the outdated art XD throw back thurs...saturday?

I just pounded a jetsam that I adopted a few days earlier to get the avatars..I felt so bad, those messages really pull on your heart strings D:

I think Neopets when I was little helped me learn to be kind because when you are like 5 it's easy to become selfish but I always put my Neopets first and I can't abandon them because they always seemed so sad and I ended up donating neopoints some days because I didn't see anything I wanted in the shops. Also it also helped me learn about how somethings in the economy work today and whenever I somehow end up with a conversation about the economy I end up comparing today's economy to Neopets because when you think about it it's really similar like the US's economy is fragile and something such as the Stock Market would end up affecting everybody while in Neopets something as simple as including a new daily can cause prices to skyrocketing and by new daily I mean The Coincidence when it first started.Although I'm not really making anything from the Neopets Stock Market right now I just need to wait like in the real world because sometimes to make money from stocks you need to wait a long time sometimes.

I'm like Navy. I can't stand it to see "Please don't leave me." or "Throw me away." or "Leave me to die." from a pet. It makes me sad that animals in real life feel like that, and I'd much rather suffer myself than see some little animal in trouble. That's how I feel towards my Neopets too.

Buzzfeed got a lot of these things on point in their Neopets list! Thanks for sharing, Shelley!

This post made me giggle so much! It actually prompted me to hop back onto Neopets and then I remembered TDN, and hopped back on here as well.

Oh man, leaving a pet in the pound was the worst. :( Their little crying faces and their pleading messages, oh no!

5. We developed a taste for adventure and exploration.

I remember when Maraqua first became a thing, that was an awesome way to explore a new place in Neopia. :D

I learned a lot about vocabulary and the economy from Neopets, haha. The stock market is especially true, even though it's highly randomized in Neopets.

It's interesting, too... We know our Neopets aren't truly dying. There is no consequence for neglecting our pets, so if we really wanted to, we'd go along our merry way without feeding them anything at all. Yet we still find ways to feed our pets and make them feel bloated as often as possible!

I find how I manage money in real life is very similar to how I manage my money on neopets. I like to save it for the most part, but I'm not afraid to splurge once and a while. Neopets showed me that spending all the money you worked hard to save on one item was rewarding at first and then stinks when you realize you have nothing in your bank account and have to start from scratch :( haha

lol I'm so scared of neglecting my pets that it's kept me playing to this day o.o