Woot!!! 1st Place Winner Neopets Customisation Spotlight!

Katsuokai

I'm so happy right now. :happydance: I didn't know I had won until I checked the news; I thought TNT would send out a neomail informing the winner like how they do with other contests... . Oh well, who cares? :P Here's my dear Magma Ruki Ruarius, who I ended up creating a few months ago when I came back to Neopets. ;)

He proved to be spiffier than the others in the neopoint category! :king:

WtnDr4J.png

Also, here's his current customization with neocash items (click on the image to see it animated on DTI):

rnvFPEE.png

What do you think, should I keep his current customization or should I reassemble his ''neopoint only'' outfit? :)?

...Now while I'm at it: If you're interested in customizing don't forget to check out the Forum Customization Contest here at TDNF! All entries are submitted through Dress to Impress, so you don't have to worry about not having the neocash and/or neopoints necessary to assemble yours! ;)

Katsuokai!! I'm so happy for you!!! oh my gosh, that's such a hard contest to win, I don't know anyone to come out victorious

it's so good too! very deserving, you must be elated :D

Wow, congratulations!!! Winning the Customization Spotlight is a goal I still wish to achieve someday. Your Ruki looks awesome!!!!

Thank you!!! ;D I'm sure you can win it if you keep on trying. ;)

Katsuokai!! I'm so happy for you!!! oh my gosh, that's such a hard contest to win, I don't know anyone to come out victorious

it's so good too! very deserving, you must be elated :D

Haha, thanks! I really am happy for this. Every time I think about it I smile from ear to ear. :D Hehe. After all this grinding to reach All-Star in the Altador Cup and not being all that satisfied with my entry to the 2nd FCC this really made my day! x3

As I haven't been an active player all those years and just came back quite recently I haven't really put that much thought into how hard that contest can be to win. But now when I start to think about how many entries they get each round--hundreds--wow... I guess it can be really hard. x''D Now I'm even more proud of myself! :P

Haha, thanks! I really am happy for this. Every time I think about it I smile from ear to ear. :D Hehe. After all this grinding to reach All-Star in the Altador Cup and not being all that satisfied with my entry to the 2nd FCC this really made my day! x3

As I haven't been an active player all those years and just came back quite recently I haven't really put that much thought into how hard that contest can be to win. But now when I start to think about how many entries they get each round--hundreds--wow... I guess it can be really hard. x''D Now I'm even more proud of myself! :P

hahah well I hope you can achieve your all-star rank as well!! that would be extra awesome :D

The contest is especially hard as well because of the fact you can't advertise or anything, and there's no direct link to give your entry a high rating...so you have to rely on a lot of ratings from strangers :D

and I really like your second FCC entry ;)

hahah well I hope you can achieve your all-star rank as well!! that would be extra awesome :D

The contest is especially hard as well because of the fact you can't advertise or anything, and there's no direct link to give your entry a high rating...so you have to rely on a lot of ratings from strangers :D

and I really like your second FCC entry ;)

I maxed out on both YYB and SoSd! Yay! This sure has been a productive day in my neolife. lol I can now get some rest while being pretty satisfied with myself. :yes: :sleeping_03anim:

Hm, I see. It sure makes it one of the more difficult contests since you can't advertise for your entry. I wonder how many people have to give a high rating on a customization for it to win? It sure would be interesting to know... . :glasses:

The contest per se has served as advertising for my user lookup. lol Got two random friend requests out of nowhere (the first one surprised me since I had no clue I had won; really, why can't people at least send you a neomail first?). Too bad I don't have my shop fully stocked, I probably could have used winning the Spotlight to my advantage. x''D I'll see if I can stock my shop after I get some sleep. lol

Glad you liked it! Customizing a Warrior Kacheek turned out to be a bit hard, but of the customizations I came up with that one seemed to fit the warrior theme I had in mind the best. :) There's lots of very creative and nice customs already so we sure will have an interesting voting period ahead of us! ;)

Guest Sabs

Woot! Congrats on winning the Gold trophy! :D I hope to win one someday! The voting process is so tedious. lol

Your entry for the FFC is great! :) It represented everything with the story.

Woot! Congrats on winning the Gold trophy! :D I hope to win one someday! The voting process is so tedious. lol

Your entry for the FFC is great! :) It represented everything with the story.

Thanks! :D The contest might be difficult to win, but I'm sure you can win it with your customizing skills! ;)

/haha Yeah I thought the story of the Undead Commander and the decapitated faerie was funny and fitted well with the theme. It also reminded me a bit of my Undead Mage in World of Warcraft who walks around with a scythe. xP

Your entry to the FCC is beautiful! The colours flow so nice together. :3 The wig you used is actually one of my favourites; too bad I don't own one. :( If I start with neocash trading I must get one!

Guest Sabs

Thanks! :D The contest might be difficult to win, but I'm sure you can win it with your customizing skills! ;)

/haha Yeah I thought the story of the Undead Commander and the decapitated faerie was funny and fitted well with the theme. It also reminded me a bit of my Undead Mage in World of Warcraft who walks around with a scythe. xP

Your entry to the FCC is beautiful! The colours flow so nice together. :3 The wig you used is actually one of my favourites; too bad I don't own one. :( If I start with neocash trading I must get one!

Thank you! :) I really wish I had the wig too. I was inspired to try an anime warrior look, and that wig reminded me of it.

haha you're welcome :) glad you got a chance to see your pet in the spotlight! that's exciting :D

Indeed it was! I saved your screenshot and also took one myself. These are the Neopets memories you just have to immortalize. :P

Congratulations! :D Your Ruki looks so cool, especially with the background. It makes him look like some sort of explorer in a scary jungle. :O

Best wishes with future customisations!

Tank you! :D Exactly, he really does look like an explorer in a scary jungle with that particular background. I thought the items flowed so well together, especially with the ghoul following him closely and the reflection of the torch in his eyes achieved with the Sparkler Contacts he's now using. This is actually the only one of my currently fully customized pets that I'm entirely satisfied with, the others are quite temporarily and/or customizations I need to continue working on. Good thing I have DTI and Jellyneo's Wardrobe to help me plan my future outfits. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Congratulations. You must be so proud to have your hard work pay off! That's awesome!

Thank you! I really am proud about it. ;) When I noticed the picture of Ruarius' contest entry in the news I was like: Wow! I'm so happy right now! :D /haha This is actually my first great achievement on Neopets, so yay for me! :P