Forum Customization Contest!

Guest Sabs

Hi,

I have a couple of questions. Can anyone enter? Can you use a customization that's of the pet you currently have with the current outfit that it's got... or is it only "dream outfits"? What are the start and finish dates so we all know how long we have to get our entries in?

(Here's where the newbie questions start:) How do you post the picture from Dress To Impress? How do you link to a moving version of it? Can you post a link to Dress To Impress?

I'm not likely to actually enter, since mine isn't very good at all... but these were a few things that people looking in might like to know in case they'd like to join in but are too shy to ask.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi,

I have a couple of questions. Can anyone enter? Can you use a customization that's of the pet you currently have with the current outfit that it's got... or is it only "dream outfits"? What are the start and finish dates so we all know how long we have to get our entries in?

(Here's where the newbie questions start:) How do you post the picture from Dress To Impress? How do you link to a moving version of it? Can you post a link to Dress To Impress?

I'm not likely to actually enter, since mine isn't very good at all... but these were a few things that people looking in might like to know in case they'd like to join in but are too shy to ask.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Some questions are answered in the first post of this topic! The start and the finish dates are stated there.

Anyone can enter and it's about the most beautiful customisation so it's about dream outfits.

About the links: when you have finished your outfit you can save it if you have an account. Registering at DTI is really easy, just follow the steps on the site! Then somewhere on the right of the screen you see the word 'share' which provides a link for you. You can even make it easier and select UBB (if I'm correct) and it will give you the code you can just copy paste in a forum post!

I love making beautiful customs I can't ever afford myself on DTI so if this contest would be on a regular basis, that would be so awesome! There doesn't even need to be a prize for me, but maybe a donation pool would be a good idea!

Azurablue: check out the first post for information regarding the contest (also as stated in another post by Sabs we can alter our customizations before the voting period starts, so if you come up with a customization but then want to change something just edit your post). As Hert123 said If you decide to enter the contest simply follow the steps to register on Dress to Impress, make your customization, save it, click ''Sharing'' and then choose ''BBCode'' instead of the other links and paste it in a post to this topic. Choosing ''BBCode'' will provide you with an image that simultaneously works as a link to the animated version of the customization on Dress to Impress when you click on it. ;)

I really encourage you all to enter! The more users that join the competition, the bigger the chance that this becomes an ongoing competition on the forums. It doesn't matter if it's a customization you already use or if it's a ''dream outfit'', as long as you think it looks nice go for it! ;) That being said, I do think it's more fun to create customizations on Dress to Impress that you would probably not be able get otherwise. :P All those cool neocash items... why are they so awesome!? D: /cry ...I want them, but I'm not rich! Aargh...! :(

OK Sabs, I made a banner! Yay! Doesn't look that bad... (although I'm aware that it's not perfect, after all, I'm not a pro).

6jL8nCt.png

My idea for this banner is that the users should be able to edit the four frames with either:

1. Past customization winners. Maybe we could add a question mark to every empty slot and also add the contest edition/date underneath each frame?
2. Your own customizations.
3. Your own neopets.
4. Leave it as it is?

I'll edit the fifth frame to make it bigger to better display the contest trophy once ShelleyJoy finish it, but since this is mostly an example displaying the 3rd Annual Neopies Golden Trophy I've left it as it is... . If this becomes an ongoing competition other users that might be interested could alter it to have it display the place they got in past competitions. I know that the contest doesn't take place every two weeks (yet!), but oh well, as I already said this serves mostly as an example so further suggestions are welcome. Next time I log in if anyone would like to have the layers to further tinker around with it I can always share the layered image for the Pixlr Editor. ;)

I'll leave the banner as my signature for the time being. :) Plus when you click on the banner it takes you to the first post of this thread. ;D

I LOVE your banner!! I gotta start thinking of ideas for trophies hmm... in the past I've made just standard looking goblet type trophies, and I've made crowns (if you look at my neopets profile, that's the one I made..) I like to make them 80 x 80 pix, the same as regular neopets trophies with the text underneath...so if anyone has any cool ideas let me know? :D

lol I'm definitely rooting for that steampunk theme next time ;)

Azurablue: check out the first post for information regarding the contest (also as stated in another post by Sabs we can alter our customizations before the voting period starts, so if you come up with a customization but then want to change something just edit your post). As Hert123 said If you decide to enter the contest simply follow the steps to register on Dress to Impress, make your customization, save it, click ''Sharing'' and then choose ''BBCode'' instead of the other links and paste it in a post to this topic. Choosing ''BBCode'' will provide you with an image that simultaneously works as a link to the animated version of the customization on Dress to Impress when you click on it. ;)

I really encourage you all to enter! The more users that join the competition, the bigger the chance that this becomes an ongoing competition on the forums. It doesn't matter if it's a customization you already use or if it's a ''dream outfit'', as long as you think it looks nice go for it! ;) That being said, I do think it's more fun to create customizations on Dress to Impress that you would probably not be able get otherwise. :P All those cool neocash items... why are they so awesome!? D: /cry ...I want them, but I'm not rich! Aargh...! :(

OK Sabs, I made a banner! Yay! Doesn't look that bad... (although I'm aware that it's not perfect, after all, I'm not a pro).

6jL8nCt.png

My idea for this banner is that the users should be able to edit the four frames with either:

1. Past customization winners. Maybe we could add a question mark to every empty slot and also add the contest edition/date underneath each frame?

2. Your own customizations.

3. Your own neopets.

4. Leave it as it is?

I'll edit the fifth frame to make it bigger to better display the contest trophy once ShelleyJoy finish it, but since this is mostly an example displaying the 3rd Annual Neopies Golden Trophy I've left it as it is... . If this becomes an ongoing competition other users that might be interested could alter it to have it display the place they got in past competitions. I know that the contest doesn't take place every two weeks (yet!), but oh well, as I already said this serves mostly as an example so further suggestions are welcome. Next time I log in if anyone would like to have the layers to further tinker around with it I can always share the layered image for the Pixlr Editor. ;)

I'll leave the banner as my signature for the time being. :) Plus when you click on the banner it takes you to the first post of this thread. ;D

Lovely header! It really catches the eye! I'd love to have a competition every two weeks! How can I put it as my signature?!

I LOVE your banner!! I gotta start thinking of ideas for trophies hmm... in the past I've made just standard looking goblet type trophies, and I've made crowns (if you look at my neopets profile, that's the one I made..) I like to make them 80 x 80 pix, the same as regular neopets trophies with the text underneath...so if anyone has any cool ideas let me know? :D

lol I'm definitely rooting for that steampunk theme next time ;)

Yay, trophies! Maybe you can make a clothing item? Like a hat, or glasses, stuff like that? I have exactly ZERO experience with making trophies, so good luck!

Steampunk theme would be awesome too :D

Great you both like my banner! :D You can put it as your signature by highlighting my signature, then just copy and paste it under ''My Settings'' -> ''Signature''. ;D

Thinking about trophies... maybe faerie wings would be a nice idea? While looking at that Aisha I used for the banner and the Neopies trophy which is faerie shaped, I think a pair of decorated Golden Wings would be nice. After all, wings are one of those wearable that all pets can use and are also quite fancy. ;) The wings I used on the Aisha are the Translucent Faerie Wings. I also dig that glasses idea, Hert123! All this being said, another type of clothing item could be great too! That crown trophy you made for your Guild sure is nice. ;) Maybe you could do something similar and add an acronym like e. g. ''TDNF'' as part of the ''base'' of the trophy all made in gold or engraved on the trophy... . ^_^?

Yes, steampunk! Go! Go! Go! Three of us already, let's see if we manage to get that as the next theme!!! :happydance:

Guest Sabs

@ Azurablue! Hi, I appreciate you posting questions for people that might be too shy to ask. As a few members have stated, most of the questions you listed have been answered in the first post or in the thread. I will edit the the first post to explain how to upload your image link using BBcode, or start a petpet page. I can help you with customization and I'm sure members of TDNF would too. :) You can use any custom on your neopets, or you can enter a "dream customization" that is solely created from DTI.

If you have any further question, you can mail my TDNF account (Sabs) or post.

@Hert123-Thanks for answering this! :D I'm going to start the donation till soon! c:

@Katsuokai-This banner is awesome! :D Thank you so much for creating it! I like the idea of changing the pictures to the contest winners and having a question mark for the remaining until it's filled. Then keep recycling the process. The only thing that might be a problem is using "TDNF" in the banner. We might need permission from TDNF.

I've been thinking about starting a petpet page for this. I honestly haven't seen a guide for DTI, so I was thinking of making one on a petpet page since it is a trusted fan site on Neopets. I can have an anchored petpage to show all the banners, buttons, and trophies listed with the credit of who created it. Maybe even have a FAQ section from all the questions on the thread so far. The current winner will have their customization linked to the first post of this board. Past winners could be listed on the petpet page with the date and entry.

@Shelleyjoy- So much talent in this board. xD I love the wearable ideas that have been stated for the trophies. I thought about a wig that looks like it flowing in the wind, like the windswept wig but gold and shiny.

I've created a Customization Contest mail, so we can further discuss banners and trophy ideas there. =)

I feel a bit silly now. I shouldn't have sped-read through the first post quite so fast. Duh. :*

Thanks for all the answers. This is a cool contest... Maybe I'll try out after all. :)

Silly question, I know, but is there any sort of entry fee? Someone might want to know.

medium_preview.png

This is my pet, Talishula (Frostfire). Not a dream custom, but what I currently have. It may be rather simple and partly from NC, but I love her just as she is. :)

The wings move, her eyes sparkle, and the bubbles rise from the bottom to the top. (I'd post a link to the animation for it, but can't seem to get that to work. Sorry.)

I feel a bit silly now. I shouldn't have sped-read through the first post quite so fast. Duh. :*

Thanks for all the answers. This is a cool contest... Maybe I'll try out after all. :)

Silly question, I know, but is there any sort of entry fee? Someone might want to know.

medium_preview.png

This is my pet, Talishula (Frostfire). Not a dream custom, but what I currently have. It may be rather simple and partly from NC, but I love her just as she is. :)

The wings move, her eyes sparkle, and the bubbles rise from the bottom to the top. (I'd post a link to the animation for it, but can't seem to get that to work. Sorry.)

Very pretty! I love the soft, pastel-y colors. There's nothing wrong with simple, imo =)

If it's your own pet, I would just include the link to her lookup! I don't think you can c-p animations because they're not traditional gif images.

I also don't think there's an entry fee; if I recall correctly that's against TNT rules, so it's probably against TDN rules as well (feel free to correct me).

Very pretty! I love the soft, pastel-y colors. There's nothing wrong with simple, imo =)

If it's your own pet, I would just include the link to her lookup! I don't think you can c-p animations because they're not traditional gif images.

I also don't think there's an entry fee; if I recall correctly that's against TNT rules, so it's probably against TDN rules as well (feel free to correct me).

Thank you! She's my pretty girl. ^_^

I really didn't think that there was an entry fee, but I thought someone might like to know for sure. You know. Some of us newbies and not-quite-so-newbies like to have it in print before we commit. *lol* :laughingsmiley:

Guest Sabs

@Azurablue

No need to feel silly! We all do it sometimes. I'm glad that you have entered! :) The BBcode provided at DTI will create an image link for you. When we click on your picture, it will lead us back to DTI so we can see the graphics and motions of the custom. I love how her eyes sparkle and those wings!

There is no entry fee for this contest :P

Since everyone else has included their picture, I edited mine into my post -- but I'm sure everyone can see why I initially didn't include it. That background always looks so weird from DTI (it doesn't look so weird when I use it on Neopets, but since I don't own all those NC items...).

Anyway, there are a lot of awesome customizations here. I look forward to challenging myself in additional themes. I also agree that we don't need a Neopets prize for this.

Guest Sabs

Hey Siniri! I've had this happen to me once.There is fix for this. I'll mail you. I'm glad you are looking forward to it! =)

Thanks, Sabs! I should have been able to figure that out. I could have taken a screenie, saved it, uploaded it to Photobucket, and then used that image while keeping the link to DTI. Thanks so much for doing all the work for me.

P.S. If you create a poll for voting, you can put all the images and links into the first post so it's easy for everyone to see all the entries.

Thanks, Sabs! I should have been able to figure that out. I could have taken a screenie, saved it, uploaded it to Photobucket, and then used that image while keeping the link to DTI. Thanks so much for doing all the work for me.

P.S. If you create a poll for voting, you can put all the images and links into the first post so it's easy for everyone to see all the entries.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest to Sabs in case she hadn't thought about it yet. She could put all the customizations in the first post of the voting poll as small previews, then when the winners has been choosen she could remove their small previews (leaving the others) and then displaying the winners of the contest as big previews. ;D

Oh and how come I didn't thought of uploading my contest entry that way?! /facepalm My entry now looks even better than before. :thumbsup:

Guest Sabs

@Siniri- No problem! :)

@ Siniri and Katsuokai- Thanks! Great minds think alike! :D I thought about previewing all the entries on the voting thread, since they are scattered here. I agree, the top 3 winners should stand out with a larger picture. =)

I hope I'm not too late to enter. I didn't know about the contest until I saw it on someone's signature.

I actually finished customizing my Ixi just today. She's still missing some stuff for it to be really complete but they're minor.

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/682376

Helisent-Tropical_zps5456d9d9.png

I hope I'm not too late to enter. I didn't know about the contest until I saw it on someone's signature.

I actually finished customizing my Ixi just today. She's still missing some stuff for it to be really complete but they're minor.

You're not too late! As stated on the first post of this thread, everyone can enter until this Sunday, with the voting period starting on Monday 26th, so if you want to add something to it you'll have to hurry! :P

Slightly off-topic: So happy to see the banners I've made are actually working as advertising for the contest! Yay! :thumbsup:

Guest Sabs

@ Ysera- Thanks for entering! :) Very nice custom! I love purple. You aren't too late to enter, as Katsuokai mentioned. The "Entering" and "Voting" dates will always be color coded red on the first post of the thread. I will change the dates every two weeks. Monday, May 26th will start the voting process. I will make a new thread titled, "Customization Contest Voting" with a poll. That thread will be linked to this board as well. Since some of the entries are scattered here, I will link every customization entry to the voting thread for an organized preview.

@Katsuokai- Yay, for the banners! :D

Thanks! And I also agree with having a theme and picking a species to customize. I think it would be more challenging and fun to actually have a few restrictions.

Guest Sabs

I couldn't agree more! :) The original Idea for this contest is to have a selected theme to add a challenge. This was the only round I planned to have freestyle, until I got some suggested themes from members. A theme is selected for the next challenge. xD

Where should we put theme suggestions? I'd love to see an underwater theme and a "mystery" theme (as in Sherlock Holmes, Murder She Wrote, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Agatha Christie, Sammy Keyes kind of mystery, not a secret theme that no one is told until after they've entered...).

we have quite some entries now! All lovely :)

Underwater is really cool! But the mystery themes you've named are too specific. If you don't know what it's about (I don't know 'Murder she wrote' for example) then it's too hard. But you can say: crime scene or investigator.

Slightly off topic: look at my signature!