"Started Playing: December 31, 1969"

leverhelven

Ehh, personally I wouldn't report it either way as it isn't harmful to anyone. I save "reporting" for more serious offenses. But there is a chance that somehow whoever coded the lookup somehow changed the sign-up date.

I haven't seen anything the like. Her whole profile and pets/store etc is odd. In addition to 3 UC pets but no proof of playing, which isn't abnormal but it all seems weird.

I might report it to adjust the "glitch" or maybe just bring TNT's attention to it, in case there's something more serious going on, even if not sinister.

Go with your gut.

Hi, TNT! I saw on your "About Us" page that you started Neopets in 1997. If that's the case, then why does (username removed)'s account say that she started playing in 1969? Is this a glitch or something? Thanks! ~chelsea24rox
We would have really been ahead of the times if Neopets had started then, lol! To answer your question more directly, yes, it's a glitch.

This is question 5793, archived from Editorial Issue 378.

I was reading posts in my guild and glanced at the guild stats and noticed this... Guild Stats Page Views: 96922 Members: 25 Messages: 277 Founded: 12/31/1969 Why does it say 12/31/1969? Nothing about that date is right for the guild! Especially the 1969!! - Justash710
I think something freaked out when we deleted the older guilds. It is a glitch on our end that set a lot of guild dates to 1969 and we are working on fixing this.

how strange, glad that is sorted out though and not someone messing around with the coding somehow.

It is actually a fairly common computer glitch with Unix Time, you can read more about it here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/26316/why-does-my-gadget-say-its-december-31-1969

The same thing happened to me a few years ago on my work server and all my reports (we submitted them online) were dated December 31, 1969. I wound up working a 16 hour day because I couldn't leave until I could submit my reports with the correct date! Huge bummer!

That's the day before the start of the Unix Epoch. Because of that, it is most certainly a glitch in the system. No point reporting. As for the 15 1/2 years, I assume it would be more if TNT had created shields for more, it derives from the glitch.

That's the day before the start of the Unix Epoch. Because of that, it is most certainly a glitch in the system. No point reporting. As for the 15 1/2 years, I assume it would be more if TNT had created shields for more, it derives from the glitch.

No, actually TNT made 14.5/15/15.5 year shields in advance so they won't have to do it every year. (I heard it somewhere, can't remember where) Yes, it's most likely a Unix Time glitch.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

Ehh, personally I wouldn't report it either way as it isn't harmful to anyone. I save "reporting" for more serious offenses. But there is a chance that somehow whoever coded the lookup somehow changed the sign-up date.

it also says been playing 15 1/2 years, I thought neopets was only 14 1/2 years old. Nov. 1999 was when it started right?
As long as they're not bugging anyone or cheating to get NP I don't suppose it really matters.

Actually, deliberately lying about how long you'be been on Neopets is a reportable offence. Especially changing your shield for an older one.
That's why I would report said user, IF it turned out it wasn't a glitch after all.
Since it's a known glitch, the user had no mean intentions, so it's not their fault :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.