Lab ray taking away more stats since Jumpstart acquisition?

Up until March 17th, when Jumpstart acquired Neopets, I had an overall increase of 134 stats from the lab ray (combined strength, hp, defense, and level.) Since then I've lost almost every day totaling a decrease in 38 stat points. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? I'm not sure if it's worth it to train with the ray anymore.

I've not noticed an increase in the Lab Ray's negative outcomes.

I have, however, noticed an increase in negative RE's.

Both in occurance and in type.

I seem to be getting hit more often with negative ones (one that made my pets depressed, one that removed a stat point, got hit twice by tax events)...and there are new negatives (the mood crasher, ones that affect stat points, etc).

I seem to see the increase only in the negative events not in the positive RE's (in fact, I see fewer random faerie quests now than at any period prior).

Could be just me, I guess.

I know they are still shaking things out and have not even completed (begun?) the full transition...so I will be interested in seeing how it all comes out in the wash.

Cheers!

:P

(I had my 'prize' from Petpet Park say "Stolen by the Pant Devil" a few months ago, so that is not a new thing. I remember cuz I thought it rather funny.)

Edited by fullonparanoid

I don't think it has anything to do with the acquisition. If anything were changed at all, it's possible that they decided to change the odds of bad / good outcomes because of The Coincidence being added however that is just wild speculation on my part and it's more than likely that the lab ray's performance is just down to luck.

Speaking of which though, I had a bad lab ray today. Yesterday was okay, the day before that wasn't great, the day before that one was pretty good. Sometimes I get a lucky streak - I hope you'll get one soon after your run of bad zaps!

I've definitely had a run like that but not recently. My zaps have either been nothing/change gender or increases. I don't use it to train anymore after my main bd pet had a terrible run that took her down a dozen levels (and cost a lot to get back up) and kept zapping her to terribly boring species/colors.

I also usually get worthless re's but lately I've gotten a couple thousand np from them and a nerkmid!

I seem to see the increase only in the negative events not in the positive RE's (in fact, I see fewer random faerie quests now than at any period prior).

Could be just me, I guess.

This is just you.

From last week's editorial:

The new system actually made bad events more rare, but also increased the frequency of Random Events overall.

I think it's unfair to blame JumpStart :P The lab just has its good streaks and bad streaks. I've been using the lab for a little under 7 years now and never noticed a change even after the move. Sometimes, the lab just wants to turn your robot hissi into a blue nimmo...three times...in three days -_-