New Fostering System?

TeddyPwns

I mentioned I was chosen to foster a female blue Shoyru in another thread, but now I've been chosen to foster another female blue Shoyru! She's called keytina, which is a rather pretty name.

I have so many omelettes and jellies that it's no trouble for me to feed them. I have lots of toys too (I stated in the other thread that I couldn't play with them, but I was wrong about that). I'd be quite happy if Neopets let us foster all the time, perhaps as an opt-in considering some don't seem to like it. And if it is temporary, I've had fun!

Thank you forums.
Had no idea I could get the Feed Me avatar until someone posted on here about it!

I do wonder about what will happen if we take good care of these fosters. I currently have 2.

I did try to do the monthly freebies with the foster to see if they didn't cover all their tracks but no such luck.

EDIT 12:05 NST- I refreshed my page and my fosters were gone. I went to the pound voting was taken down.
I knew this was a AFDJ but I kind of want a reward! haha

So far I got a green grarrl called T. REXXXXXXY the name thoughLOL

You can adopt your foster pets! If you remember the name, you can go to the pound and search for them. It isn't exactly the same however. My green Lupe I got yesterday was male, but in the Pound it's female!

Oh poop .. I was hoping we'd be able to keep them. Nice that you can go to the pound and adopt them back if you want. I didn't get particularly attached to any of the ones I received though.

I have to say, I miss my foster pets. :( I ended up with six of them, fed them all and made them happy, and now they're back in the pound.

It would have been awesome if we could have kept them, but it was fun while it lasted. Excellent idea on TNT's part. ^_^

Even if the fostering pets were a joke on April Fool's, I think it was something nice that TNT did. I mean, pets can't die, but nearly all of them look unhappy because their hunger meter is so low. At least with this fostering, those pets got fed for once, and those who got attached to their fosters can adopt them. I think it would be a good thing if TNT did the fostering thing on a more regular basis. So many pets get abandoned every day, so what more ways is there to really bring traffic to the pound, and attention to these pets? Some of those pets are in the pound for months or even years on end!

So, I was stalking other people's foster pets last night, and I saw that one person had a UC Desert Kau as a foster! She was adopted right after midnight. Someone else must have been stalking her, too. Guess I'm not the only one who thought of it. xD

So, I was stalking other people's foster pets last night, and I saw that one person had a UC Desert Kau as a foster! She was adopted right after midnight. Someone else must have been stalking her, too. Guess I'm not the only one who thought of it. xD

This is prob a newbie question but I am gonna risk the humiliation: what does UC mean? I know UFT is up for trade and UFA is up for adoption. But UC? unitarian colored? undercover? unfortunate coloring? lol

This is prob a newbie question but I am gonna risk the humiliation: what does UC mean? I know UFT is up for trade and UFA is up for adoption. But UC? unitarian colored? undercover? unfortunate coloring? lol

I have no problem answering questions! We use so many acronyms, it's ridiculous. xD But never be ashamed to ask a question that you truly don't know the answer to! That's how you learn. ^_^

UC stands for UnConverted, meaning the old artwork before customization. Only a handful of types of pets were allowed to remain UnConverted, but the rest of the pets were automatically converted to the new artwork. For example, my Desert Aisha, PandaMei is unconverted, but at the time I also had a Starry Kacheek, but she was automatically converted to the new artwork.

Here's a petpage with more info about Unconverted pets if you're interested: http://www.neopets.com/~koneko

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about UC pets which I do hope someone can help me with.
Last year I painted my usul Usuki. She immediately went into the UC look, and I was given the choice to convert her (which I did).
So then I just painted my shoyru Faerie, and he as immediately went into the converted look (not what I was aiming for...).
Now all the information I've read on UC pets is a bit wishy washy. I've heard you cannot get them no matter what, unless it's through trading. However my usul went straight to UC after being painted?
I don't understand.
I guess I'm a little bummed to have wasted so many hard earned NPs on a faerie pb when it wasn't achieving my goal in the first place. Waa waa call the wambulance.

I hope someone can help me understand this :) It was such a bummer today (I don't have a lot of time for neopets as I'm a uni student, so it does take a long time to save neopoints) to have spent all my saved neopoints.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. And please see the original topic to keep your posts on topic. And to answer your question - your usuki usul is not Unconverted. This is what an Unconverted usuki usul looks like. No pet can be painted to look like their Unconverted selves.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.