Post Average

Novelista

I know on some BB-board based forums, it's possible to look up you average number of posts per day (or week or something like that). I didn't see anything like that in my profile...is it something I'm missing?

I'm just wondering what an average count of posts per day (without spamming) I need in order to get to 400. (Not in a set time period...just curious.)

Of course, since I just made 300 today and I've made it a point to look at the list of recent posts on the main TDN page each day to see what's interesting, I may have no problem getting to 400 in two weeks or so! ^_^

Since March 1st, people have posted 2,575 times on TDN forums, so around 135 messages a day.

You can always check this page to see if you are the top poster of the day.

Stats are private to admins.

Well I have been here for a long time >5 years and look at someone like Angelo we started about the same time and he has about more then 2 times the posts that I do. So don't worry about post count to much and just talk when you feel it would be constructive for the conversation. I had quite a few weeks when I just lurked and didn't say anything because I didn't feel it would be useful.

I agree with Batman , i mean , when i first joined i posted endlessly (i also wanted to join the ALP) .. i tried my best not to spam as well , but in general there were so many threads going on at the same time ... these days I'm wayyyy less talkative than I used to be , i even went on a small hiatus :) but if i think i can help a fellow neopian ir contribute to a debate , i would gladly do so :)

And also, if you want to know how many posts there were in the last 24 hours, check http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats and do the ff.

1. Divide 100 by the percentage of the top poster.

2. Use the result in step 1 and multiply it with the number of "posts today" of the top poster.
3. Round off to the nearest whole number.

Example: Today, the top poster has 12 posts in the past 24 hours, which contributed to 5.48% of the total posts.

100/5.48=18.248...

18.248*12=218.976 rounds off to 219

Therefore, there were 219 posts made in the last 24 hours.

Well, the only way you could get the average is get the number of days that you have been a member of the forum and divide your total posts by the number of days that you have been a member of the forum.

• 2 months later...

relating to this as I think its to do with number of posts etc I was wondering what decides if you are a member super member fantastic member etc?

I was sure I had seen an explanantion somewhere but I cant find it now can anyone aim me to the right place please

You can find group promotion information here => http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/21-how-to-get-group-promotions/

Summary: 400 posts to get Super Members, 2000 posts to be be Fantastic Member.

ahaa yes thats it ... thankyou very much :)