Shops Directing to non-Neopets Sites

paperdoll66

Is anyone else having this problem? I did change my password and PIN, but I think it might be some kind of browser issue. I'm using Google Chrome. It happened at several different shops, buying completely unrelated items, all pretty much at the same time. I'm going to submit a ticket, but I was curious if it was happening to anyone else.

I have not experienced that

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I've heard some talk on the neoboard about cookie grabbing things going on in shops, but I don't know if it's true or not. Regardless, definitely send in a report about it.

I don't think I explained myself very well. (I have a fever, and it is seriously messing with my coherency.) I'm 99% sure there was nothing wrong with any of the shops. ScriptSafe didn't have anything weird, and I checked the coding myself. It happened in five shops all within one minute of each other. I think it is probably some sort of Neopets glitch and not cheaters. I mostly changed my password out of paranoia, and I knew that it would be suggested.

This happened to me as well, I think. I clicked on a 10np item (it was nothing special, just a "Yellow Chomby Model Kit"), and I was redirected to a Neopets page warning me about scammers. It didn't show a login form, or anything. I went back and refreshed the shop and I was able to purchase the item. I didn't worry too much about this, but I changed my password now, just in case.

PS: By the way, I also use Google Chrome.

I've been using Firefox and the same thing has been happening to me. I have been going for the rubbish avatar so I go to a lot of shops and buy a lot of 1 NP items. A few time on the 7th one it will inform me that the shop was trying to scam me. I think its some sort of virus that I got lol either that or Neopets is being super cautious

AFAIK, according to HC, it's going around - be careful. It's not a virus. It's the latest attempt at phishing. Get a script blocker so it won't redirect without your consent, and of course, make sure the URL is strictly neopets.com if you need to login.

The last I heard, they are targeting just that - 1 np snipes.