Do you rebuild after a freeze?

funkasarusrex

Contrary to what my account might say, I've been playing neopets on and off since 2001. Early on, I was rubbish and I just let my accounts fall by the wayside. In 2009 I got back into it in a big way, really built up my account and put some money into it. And then I got frozen, and I've never figured out why. I made a new account but decided I didn't feel like rebuilding at all and bailed.

It took me years to come back and now that I have I've done more than I ever have before. But I can't help looking at it and thinking, "If this goes away again, I just don't think I care enough to rebuild again" (I shouldn't make this topic, I feel like I'm just jinxing myself for a freeze). I'd definitely stop investing any kind of actual money in the site, that's for sure.

What are ya'll's opinions? Has anybody done it successfully in the past? Tips? Places to sock nps away just in case? Are you less likely to be randomly frozen if you've invested in a lot of NC? Stories of successful appeals?

If you didn't already know about it, Habitarium can make yo tons of nps, especially if you can keep it running overnight.

I know it's not much, but I sent you a few items you can sell for a little bit.

Well my old account Mary_fairy889 got frozen some years ago... And i started rebuild it, but it`s far from being the same thing... First of all because on that account I had many retired avatars, like the one from Neovia plot, and those things are impossible to bring back =( and since then I don`t play as hard as I was used to...

Aw, man. That's a major bummer. That's the stuff that kills the most- you can always re-earn all the nps you want, but you can't get your site events back (all I want in my userlookup is my Roo Island AC first place trophy). I felt the same way about playing when I finally started back- my account is several years old, but I've only been actively playing again for about six-seven months.

I don't know what exactly I'd do unless it happened, but I figure I'd start over. I wouldn't buy NC the second time around, but playing Neopets has always been relaxing to me, plus it's perfect for my downtime at work, so I'd likely start over again and do the best I could to get my account built up.

After crying a lot, I decided to rebuild... and it took me about 6 months to be back where I was - and even forget about my previous account. How do I know that? Well, my main was frozen around April and in October I didn't remember I had already unlocked the secret theme in the past. XD

Also, it was a lot easier to earn avatars, trophies and Neopoints on that new account. As far as safeties goes, I always leave some Paint Brushes and retired expensive items on side accounts now. I even scatter them around my 4 sides.

I miss the avatars of my old account mostly. Like you said, the ones from retired past events can't be brought back, so that's very upsetting when I think about it. But it's been so long now that I can't even remember my old username anymore, which is good because I don't focus on it very often anymore.

Although now that I think about it I also wish I had access to my old pets, because they were UC since that account was the first one I made way back during the first year the site was open

I don't know if I would rebuild it. It's pretty possible that after the resentment go away I would. But it's really sad lost the retired avies and such. It happened to me with my oldest account but there's always things to collect :)

In a way, I think it depends on a few factors. Obviously the retired avatars and trophies would play into it as well, even the non retired ones could be a pain to bring back, but I think a part of it also has to do with how social you are and how many people you know within the neopets society. For me personally, I think if my account got frozen I'd probably take a break until I'd get bored enough to play again because I don't really know all that many people, but some previous games I've played where I lost stuff several times, I kept playing and building my character up again due to the people I knew and I enjoyed playing with them.

When my previous account got frozen (jally_muse) I was so angry. Some one got my account info somehow and stole my account then got it frozen. For me the worst part was loosing my pets. I know its a little nutty but I was attached to them! I still miss lPiml and Lokiokioki

I stopped playing for awhile because I was so annoyed and could not play without remembering that annoyance. Now I play again. I don't know if I would retry if my account got iced or stolen...

Honestly, I'd stop playing permanently if that occurred.

I've invested far too many years into my account. I have tons of event trophies which I could never got back as well as some rare avvies. My pets are ancient and I'm proud of it.

But I've never been frozen...so I don't really know how I'd react. I'm very careful about safety issues and the like. I clear cookies frequently. I change my secret word if I suspect something may have occurred. I've been warned and I try my best to stay out of trouble as soon as I've been warned. Luckily, I've never been silenced, so I hope that's a good sign.

After crying a lot, I decided to rebuild... and it took me about 6 months to be back where I was - and even forget about my previous account. How do I know that? Well, my main was frozen around April and in October I didn't remember I had already unlocked the secret theme in the past. XD

Also, it was a lot easier to earn avatars, trophies and Neopoints on that new account. As far as safeties goes, I always leave some Paint Brushes and retired expensive items on side accounts now. I even scatter them around my 4 sides.

What did you do to get back on your feet? Did you do anything out of the ordinary from what you used to do, or do you just pick up and keep on doing your everyday thing with the new account? I think a lot of the rebuild is in the skills you've gained over time. Every time I come back to neopets I've learned something new, found some new way to earn nps/customize my pets/whatever, so it's been easier to rebuild the second time I've attempted with this account.

I'm wondering- has anybody ever successfully challenged a freeze? Does anybody have a story with a happy ending?

I often lament about my frozen account but I always see that a lot of people seem to have their accounts frozen almost randomly. No one ever mentions anything that they did wrong and that's my case as well. No idea why my account was frozen but it said that I deleted the account myself which I definitely had not. Knowing that I'm not the only one makes me relax a little though it's frustrating for all of us.

Eventually I made a new account and the first couple of years was spent complaining about my account being frozen and waiting to see if TNT would give my account back. Pffft that hardly ever happens. When I saw that my account was probably never coming back, I tried to make a guild and that was successful for a while, but after someone hacked the guild and kicked me out of the guild I ended up leaving Neopets altogether after getting back into the guild.

I would log in at random days of the year for no reason. One of those days, I ended up just staying. I've probably exceeded what I had on my old account because back then 42k was a lot ut not enough to do much of anything. Still I don't have some of the old avatars that I had. A shame but what can you do?

My current system is to deposit into the bank whenever I get 10,000 NP. It's a slow process but I'm slowly but surely going to reach 1 million. Maybe in another year since I'm not on all the time. That probably doesn't help much, sorry.

My original account was hacked and then frozen. I was never able to get it back so I definitely did rebuild. I had a lot more time on my hands back then and there was no way to spend real money on neopets now. I don't know if I would for sure rebuild if it happened again but I think if you enjoy it, then you definitely should.

I've only had my account for 4 months but I played with my old account [sniper_wolf05] for a bit when I was young. I've surpassed my progress then BY FAR. I make NP through keeping my shop stocked, playing lots of KeyQuest and a few other games, and buying n reselling auction/thrift shop items. I already have 1 mil but I'm still at it! I think I'd become depressed if my account was frozen...I've put a lot of work into it in such a short time.

I've been frozen twice so far. Both was my fault anyway.

I've rebuilt. But if something happened to my current account, I might just quit.

No use at rebuilding after that since I lost interest in the site.

Not as active as I was.

But I'm being very careful as I spent money on NC.

I've never been frozen, the only other account I had (from about 10 years ago) was self-frozen because I was unhappy with my username (it was pretty embarrassing, haha). But seriously, this board is scaring me, I didn't think it was that easy to be frozen for no reason. I thought whenever people said that they just didn't want to admit they did something wrong. If I lost my account, I would seriously FLIP OUT. I've invested so much time and money... And I'm always careful with everything I do and everyone I talk to on the site. I've never even received a warning...

I'm not sure I could rebuild. Perhaps I'd make a new account, but I don't think I'd be a serious player again.

I've been warned a couple times for KeyQuest because of my crummy internet connection, I've been accused of leaving the game before the other player wins. I've reported people for the same thing so watch out! Some of these KQ players are sketchy!

I'm really. Freaking. Worn out. *keels over*

I'll admit that I was at fault when I was frozen on the seventeenth. But I don't think I did anything wrong this time. (Well, I kind of did, but it was fairly harmless in my opinion. Not in the service of vanity through trophy-earning, like last time.) I was trying to keep my head down and be a good girl--I really was.

I confess to earning avatars and burning through games like crazy. I was in hot pursuit of the "top gamer" avatar when my main got frozen last month; so with no school, no job, a blizzard that hit over a week ago and no heat for a week, what did I have to do with my life? (And I told them as much.) Basically, I was working so hard to bounce back that I was about ready to burn out--save for the elusive hunt for one last game to get me to 250--and they pulled the rug out from under me.

I have a fifteen month old side account, but after putting in so much work the last three weeks (and not having much done on there, despite the age), I'm just going to give up and sit tight for a while. I filed a detail appeal for this round, but I was rejected when I tried to do it two or three years ago, so I'm not going to hope for much. I'll keep my eyes peeled for news from here and/or JellyNeo, though. By the time DD or the Negg Hunt come up (I forget which is first), maybe I'll be ready to try again.

And Funk--I've heard of successful appeals, but I've also heard that they often take over a year. I don't know if that's with just the help form, though, or if that's with a detailed appeal like the one suggested here.

Aww I'm very sorry :(

I haven't been frozen but lost my first account(with my ice bori, and tons of expensive usuki dolls) after years of not playing.

I started the account I have now, and only really in the past years starting rebuilding. Its definitely a lot easier to make NP's and rebuild due to Habitarium(as a PP said) and Key Quest then it was back then.

I'm rebuilding...or trying. Not on the same (side) account, though.

Do you have a good habitabi guide, MissJustina? I can make it work all right, but that's all...all right. I don't seem to be as successful as you and other users appear to be.

I have this curse of not remembering there are guides to things until I'm 3/4 of the way to something- I just started going for the cellblock avvie and I beat the whole tournament before I thought to look for a guide. I did the same thing with habi- I think I was in the 40's before I went guide hunting. This was one of the best start-to-finish guides I've found, though way too late to really be helpful for me: http://www.neopets.com/~habitarium_guide

If you want a nf to gift things (nests, storage, houses, what have you), I'm happy to help. I've got resources to burn these days.

Thank you so much, Funk. I haven't decided where I'll start playing it yet, but I probably need to take a good long time to study, anyway.

A moment later...oh my bloody stars and bars. I just realized that I bought a pinchit right before I was frozen and hadn't sold it off. No wonder I have a headache!