which animal would you pick?

yasha

I really love animals, they're kind of my life. So I got wondering, if you could pick any animal as your companion, which one would you choose? Keep in mind their instincts and way of living and all that.

Since I like living in the middle of no where, with lots of land, I would probably choose a horse, more specifically the horse I already have. Perhaps I'd even get an entire herd of horses and just let them roam free kinda thing and guide them (since I'd be their leader) to where I think is best to be at any given time.

If I didn't already have my horse, I think some sort of big cat would be cool. I love lions but I think I'd actually go to a cat that prefers to live in solitude so I'd probably choose a mountain lion.

If I was near the ocean more often, I think I might choose a shark or sting ray. I think they're really misunderstood creatures which results in people thinking bad of them...

How about you guys?

A fox

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I thik I would go wolf , as cliche as that might be. Im kind of a loner and I love canines. A dog is great too of course but wolves are so wonderful. and that little bit of wildness might suit me perfectly.

Guest Tahalika

I would so go with a sloth. Easy to feed with leaves, doesn't have to use the bathroom often, can just cling on my back all the time and be cute and squeak; what's more to like? Or a porcupine, if sloth turns out to be too difficult to manage. They're pretty much just dogs but with a really awesome defense and the cutest sounds to ever to made.

It might sound a bit obvious but I would choose a dog as a companion every time, loyal, dependable and used to the dynamics of a pack so will live happily with others.

I suppose that is why people have chosen dogs to share their lives so far .. I have also enjoyed having rats as pets but their short life span is pretty depressing

It would depend on the situation, if I lived in a city a normal house cat. If I were to live somewhere all alone in the wild maybe a Cheetah, because I love them. But maybe a Jaguar since they are stronger and can climb trees so I could build a tree house for safety. An elephant could be handy too, strong, dependable, you can ride them, they can move things and don't have too many natural enemies.

A bird like an eagle could be nice too though to find food and let you know of dangers from high in the sky.

It would all depend on the situation and how the place where I would live looked like. Prairie/forest/mountains, it would have a big influence on what animal to pick.

If the animal was just as a companion, I would move to somewhere spacier than where I'm living now and pick a cheetah.

The first animal that comes to my mind would be cats (I love cats~!) Dogs are cute too but I'm too lazy to walk them haha...

If I lived in Australia I would have koala as pets cus they're so adorable~!

If I can survive the North/south poles I would pick penguins and polar bears~

Owls are great too! The list can seriously go on haha

It might sound a bit obvious but I would choose a dog as a companion every time, loyal, dependable and used to the dynamics of a pack so will live happily with others.

I suppose that is why people have chosen dogs to share their lives so far .. I have also enjoyed having rats as pets but their short life span is pretty depressing

It might interest you to know that dogs are not actually pack animals! The most valid current theory is that dogs evolved as scavengers around early human settlements. Packs are biologically useful for smaller animals killing large, dangerous prey (like wolves and moose), but if you're a scavenger you're eating small scraps. Packs are family structures usually consisting of a breeding pair and their pups, and dogs are fairly promiscuous and don't have longterm mates. On top of that, dogs don't think of people as other dogs and look at human faces differently (in a way no other animal does!) and might be able to understand human gestures to an extent. It's really cool!

I'd totally have a dog over any other animal. They're so adapted to people and living with people so I think they're perfect. I'd love to have a Border Collie one day but I'm not athletic enough and I don't know if I'm okay with having a dog who's smarter than I am. :P

This might sound like insanity but I would have to pick Lions. It has been documented where they accept humans into there prides and I think my life would be complete upon the day that I could roam about with a lion pride.

Or I could just get mauled to death but that would be my own stupid fault for meddling with lions.

This might sound like insanity but I would have to pick Lions. It has been documented where they accept humans into there prides and I think my life would be complete upon the day that I could roam about with a lion pride.

Or I could just get mauled to death but that would be my own stupid fault for meddling with lions.

Agreed, lions are awesome. I'm sort of envious of Keven Richardson, the lion whisperer. What he does would sorta be like my dream job :D

There was also a lioness several years back that lived all on her own with no other lions nearby for miles and miles, and so when they were documenting her she actually started to chill at their camp and all that

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone alrleady mentioned this guy's name, but if you like lions you should definitely check out this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNCzSfv4hX8

He is AWESOME.

• 1 month later...

I really love dogs and I hope to have one someday. As for favorite wild animals? I have too many! But I am slightly terrified of snakes (I'm ok with holding their bodies and having it wrap around my arm and everything, but just don't have me hold their head for the love of all that is good. Like when the snake starts dancing around and it's head is coming straight for my face with it's tongue flailing everywhere. GAHHH).