Gallery Rate/Opinion?

LordVikotan

This forum looks sort of dead, but I thought I could post, see what you guys think.

I made a theme for my gallery, organized it and everything, and I'm thinking about submitting it to the spotlight.

Here's the link; http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=lordvikotan

I quite like it, what do you think?

Whoa, I don't pay attention to galleries much but you have a really cool set up!
At first I became frustrated when I saw the items besides the plushies that were in their proper color slots.
I had thought, "I don't know, they seem like they don't belong there, hm..."
But then I realized that they were placeholders. Whoops! Ha hah!

I wish I had some of the plushies that you were looking for; I would have just given them to you for free. :C
I would love to see your gallery completed though! It's a really awesome idea! Good luck! :'D

Thank you very much! <3 :D I guess I didn't think to mention that I had placeholder items, I guess I should do that, haha. Ah shucks, it's kind of you to think to gift them, but most of the ones I'm looking for now are either in the 50k to 99k range or 100k to 600k. Those are pretty big gifts.

Thank you! I didn't know that people weren't making galleries - I haven't been playing dedicated for years. Though, that does describe why all of the galleries I was looking at from the spotlight were... less then amazing, to put it lightly. I mostly had tons of these things hanging around, and I'm a little OCD... thought, hey, might be a good idea to put them together?

Really good, well done! :D

I would recommend getting rid of the side bar and neo bar at the top though to make your layout more striking. Could definitely be a contender for the Gallery Spotlight imo!

Consider this a random act of kindness... I gifted you 2 plushies that you still needed!

I think the theme of your gallery is great. Many people start to collect ALL the plushies, knowing they will never complete their goal. However, you decided to stick the basic colours and that makes it a lot easier.

Your layout is neat and organize. I like it!

My only advice is that before submitting to the spotlight, you finish your gallery. Being a small theme, you should have all the items when you submit. ;)

Good luck!

Consider this a random act of kindness... I gifted you 2 plushies that you still needed!

I think the theme of your gallery is great. Many people start to collect ALL the plushies, knowing they will never complete their goal. However, you decided to stick the basic colours and that makes it a lot easier.

Your layout is neat and organize. I like it!

My only advice is that before submitting to the spotlight, you finish your gallery. Being a small theme, you should have all the items when you submit. ;)

Good luck!

Thank you very, very much for your comments and the gifts! <3 I'll put a thank you note in the gallery, but if you don't mind, I wouldn't name names, just in case someone goes around asking for stuff.

I was originally going to finish it, but multiples of those plushies are raking up into the 600,000 NPs or more, and some don't have prices on records. I'm pretty much broke at the moment, just saving up for each plushie, going back down to zero and starting over. Since it's only off by 15 or something, I figured it probably wouldn't matter too much.

Wow that's a really cool gallery! Hope you complete it and win :)

Thank you! :)

Your gallery is absolutely amazing! Like Xepha said, your theme is great. (I'm one of those that picks a theme that's WAY WAY too broad... petpets.)

I love the way you have them organized, as well as with the layout matching, it's very visually pleasing.

I hope you win and I hope you're able to complete it soon!

@spritzie Thank you! It took a while to get them that organized - I was originally doing all neopet colours, but it got difficult when you had - say only five plushies that were painted fire or something, so I slimmed it down. Even then, it's still a bit difficult - there is no such thing as a bg/r/y poodle plushie, only toys. There exists no red pteri plushie, only a magical one. A while back, there was another one that just didn't have one - think it might have been a kau or something, but apparently they added it. I enjoyed doing it though. Thank you for your gifts. <3

@Xepha Removing the placeholders would ruin the layout, unfortunately. I was thinking of replacing some of them with keychains or something.

So, I entered my gallery for the spotlight a month or two ago, and I am still waiting to find out whether it has been accepted. In the meantime, I've been adding more items that I have collected. Do I need to resubmit my entry in order to have all of my current items displayed if I win, or will the existing submission link to the current state of my gallery? Thanks! (Please remove my username.) ~username removed

It will display the current state of the gallery. Also, as a general reminder, please make sure that ONLY gallery-related items are in your gallery, and to increase your chances of being selected, try to make your gallery look nice when it's in "view all" mode. :)

This is why I suggested that you wait / remove placeholder. They want ONLY gallery related items in there.

Oh my... WOW! Just... I'm in awe! It's absolutely AMAZING!!! I love it!!! Love your layout, and your theme is so smart! All the best to you! <3

Thank you so much! :D I wasn't expecting to get responses like this.

I love it but I think the placeholders should be related to the theme in a way :)

I can look around for something a bit more related to the subject, or maybe looking a bit more like placeholder images

This is why I suggested that you wait / remove placeholder. They want ONLY gallery related items in there.

Hmm... I didn't know that. :/ That doesn't look too good. Maybe because I said I have placeholders, it might be okay? I'll have a look around for stuff.

EDIT: While it's not perfect, I did find floor tiles for the neohomes, just blank colours. At a glance, they look just like colour slots, I'll see if that looks better as placeholders.

Oh my god i hate you OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR GALLERY. I wanted to try something like that, so I have my silly excuse of a gallery. I love the layout. I might want to attempt that goal also, of every species the basic colors. I am seriously in love iwth your collection! >.< Good luck in finsing what you need.

Oh my god i hate you OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR GALLERY. I wanted to try something like that, so I have my silly excuse of a gallery. I love the layout. I might want to attempt that goal also, of every species the basic colors. I am seriously in love iwth your collection! >.< Good luck in finsing what you need.

Haha. xD Thank you very much - good luck if you attempt it. If you want, I'll bulk sell you the coloured items I have in stock for placeholders.

Funny you post that, I was working on that same theme for my side account. Mine isn't completed (which I should start doing) and doesn't have a background but hey it is just a side. Yours is sort of inspiring to get it done though, and maybe my mains one too but that one is expensive. :sad02:

It is way more logical to do the basic colors then to do them all considering to complete it would require a gallery size that was beyond ridiculous (let alone all the plushies you would need). But I really like to focus on my main's gallery, it is all thing grundo. I hope you best of luck with entering though, I would say you should finish it though before applying for the spotlight.

It is way more logical to do the basic colors then to do them all considering to complete it would require a gallery size that was beyond ridiculous (let alone all the plushies you would need). But I really like to focus on my main's gallery, it is all thing grundo. I hope you best of luck with entering though, I would say you should finish it though before applying for the spotlight.

Yeah, something that big would take too long. Best of luck with yours - I looked to see if I had anything in my SDB, but apparently not.

• 3 years later...

Wow, I like you plushie gallery and I am more interested in knowing how you managed to get all those coloured plushies in order, that also match the colour column they should be in. Was it just luck or did you do something to arrange all the red in the red column on your gallery page and so on

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not revive topics that are no longer relevant.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.