Question about Pet's Stats in Battledome, and battledome items

I just recently started playing neopets again after a break of several years, and have found a lot of things have changed. I almost feel like a newbie again. Anyway, I noticed something when going to the battledome to battle with my pet. His HP bar is green and full, while his agility, defence, and attack are low and red. Why is this, and what can I do to change them for the better? Or can I?

Also, I have quite a few lupe specific battledome weapons, such as Iron Lupe Collar, Iron Lupe Helm, Sturdy Iron Lupe Boots, Golden Lupe Helm, and Lupe Battle Claw. Are these decent weapons? What would be upgrades from them?

Thank you everyone in advance for your help and friendly advice.

battledomestats_zps9743d4dc.jpg

Welcome back to the asylum that is Neopets.

This is the new battledome.

The HP is green and full because your pet is at it's current maximum HP. The OTHER stats are red, because they are not near or at the maximum boosts.

When I look at that screen with my pet. Most of the non-HP stats are green, being at or near 750, The Agility stat, is 371, about half of the maximum boost of 750. So for me, My agility stat bar is yellow. (Training agility beyond 201 is pretty much a waste. My stat is only that high from cheap random air faerie quests or random stat increases from Kitchen Quests)

It's like the variations in colors for your pet's current HP in it's profile. Green for high or full, Yellow orange and blue for damage, and red for extremely low or 0.

Here is the link to our article on the Strength/Defense boosts.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

Currently, the maximum boosts stop at 750. but you can train the stats higher than 750. Training HP beyond that is naturally recommended as it's the only stat that you currently benefit from it being higher than the stat boosts.

As for your equipment. There are better items, non-species even, that you could use. I'm going to link you to our helpful battledome articles.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

2 Articles that you might find particularly helpful are..

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/melida/

and

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

These should get you started. (Prices in the neopian market may have changed a little bit over time) But the prices listed will give you a good idea of what to look for and what price range you'll be looking at.

Feel free to ask if you've got any more questions. Staff and members are always glad to help. ^_^

You're very welcome! :D

If you've got any other questions feel free to ask! :D

As for your Lupe gear. If you really like Lupes, you could use the items you have already to start a Lupe item gallery, or something like that. XD

That's what I started with the weak, but neat, Peophin weaponry I bought when I first started with Neopets. XD

As for training, If you didn't already know. The Academy on krawk Island is still there, and while it takes a little longer to train. The dubloons, I think, are still cheaper than Regular codestones. Just a suggestion/reminder. ;) Given your Lupe's stats, I think that'd be a good place to save a little NP and train.

Also, do you know about the skirmishes in the Battledome? Not regular battling, but the special battles that happen since the end of the last War, the War of the Obelisk, about 6 months ago. We have info on the skirmishes and the rewards (called Boons in-game) in the TDN's main site, and complete 1-player opponent profiles in the TDN Battlepedia. I can give you a quick rundown and some links if you don't know about them.

Have a good one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aquamentis12. I've read through all the articles on the Skirmishes and battledome stuff, and it's been quite helpful. I've already increased my Lupe's stats quite a bit since I last posted. I do have one question though - the amount of damage an item will deal is based on the amount of icons it has times the strength of my pet, yes? So the more icons a weapon has, the better?

Right now I've got a relatively expensive item in the trading post, and someone offered a sharp fire disk in trade, but that seems like a rather poor battledome weapon with only three icons, though expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Aquamentis12. I've read through all the articles on the Skirmishes and battledome stuff, and it's been quite helpful. I've already increased my Lupe's stats quite a bit since I last posted. I do have one question though - the amount of damage an item will deal is based on the amount of icons it has times the strength of my pet, yes? So the more icons a weapon has, the better?

Right now I've got a relatively expensive item in the trading post, and someone offered a sharp fire disk in trade, but that seems like a rather poor battledome weapon with only three icons, though expensive.

For the most part, yes, more icons = more damage. However, to determine the damage it is multiplied by the strength boost your pet is at. The number your strength is at, is not the number that damage is multiplied by. Rather, it shows your progress toward the next boost. If you look here,

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

You can see what I mean.

This tool on TDN's battlepedia should tell you how much damage you can do with each weapon, not taking defense into the equation. This calculates damage only.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

I can't seem to change the stances, that's PROBABLY though, due to the fact that in the current Beta version of the new BD, that we cannot choose stances. At least not as of right now.

Remember that icons alone don't win the fight. My strongest "constant" is the Stone Foam Finger. 15 Icons. Multiply that with my Strength boost, 750+, which gives me a multiplier of 16-per icon. 15 x 16 = 240 damage. Which is what it does when my opponent can't defend. (Due to freezing or faerie abilities - Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage)

I worked hard on training, instead of going for the really high level weapons. There are a number of Hidden Tower weapons I could've gone for, but, I battle the budget way. ;) You know, finding a way to make cheaper, and maybe somewhat underpowered Equipment work. Besides, for a gamer like me who can't restock, NP isn't the easiest to gain, or save, for that matter. lol I think it's important that you find a balance between your training and what kind of weapon(s) you can afford. And saving NP is also a good thing, the more you save in your bank, the more interest you get. :) So it's even MORE NP, and the higher the savings get, the more "FREE" Np you get by collecting interest.

LOL Sorry for kind of rambling there. Hope this helps you out. :)

I took a quick look at your Lupe and I see you've got all the stats pretty even. So far looks pretty good! :D I don't know if you're training agility, but that's really only worth training if you want to use the Heavy Robe of Thievery. Which requires some intelligence and an agility stat of 201 to steal once per battle. Just thought I would mention it. ;)

Best of luck with your training and battling!

Edited by Aquamentis12
Some lines and link went missing O_o

• 10 years later...

Not sure if this is exactly active, but do we know exactly when the colors for the stats change? I think that might be helpful to have on the guides, since Ultimate is the highest Neopets gives and that's not really very useful. 

8 hours ago, Indagare said:

Not sure if this is exactly active, but do we know exactly when the colors for the stats change? I think that might be helpful to have on the guides, since Ultimate is the highest Neopets gives and that's not really very useful. 

Honestly, I think this could've been a new topic. Anyway, Colors for the stats? When I look at my Peophin or my Vandagyre, the only colors for stats I see is HP, and that's green when full, and red when very low or at 0. I think there is information on that somewhere, but I don't know where exactly as it's been pretty much the same (I think) since before i joined TDN.
The names for the different stat-ranges do exist, but the names are very misleading. The stat boosts for both Strength and Defense end at 750. So training those stats beyond 750 is currently meaningless. Level and HP, as far as I know, don't have a cap, so training should never stop.
If you're curious about the list of Strength and Defense boosts, along with the various named classifications for various levels/ranges of stats. Then this webpage should answer your questions.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts

22 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Honestly, I think this could've been a new topic. Anyway, Colors for the stats? When I look at my Peophin or my Vandagyre, the only colors for stats I see is HP, and that's green when full, and red when very low or at 0. I think there is information on that somewhere, but I don't know where exactly as it's been pretty much the same (I think) since before i joined TDN.
The names for the different stat-ranges do exist, but the names are very misleading. The stat boosts for both Strength and Defense end at 750. So training those stats beyond 750 is currently meaningless. Level and HP, as far as I know, don't have a cap, so training should never stop.
If you're curious about the list of Strength and Defense boosts, along with the various named classifications for various levels/ranges of stats. Then this webpage should answer your questions.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts

Maybe, but I figured it fit because it's related to stats. 

Well, for my Lupe, when I look at his stats, his HP is green and full, but under it the Attack is yellow (241), and the Defense and Agility are red (156 and 133, respectively). His Intelligence is also green (981). For my Chomby, there's a yellow Intelligence line at 231. I have to assume there's some point between 156 and 231 where the red line will turn yellow and, similarly, some point past 241 where it will turn green.

4 hours ago, Indagare said:

Maybe, but I figured it fit because it's related to stats. 

Well, for my Lupe, when I look at his stats, his HP is green and full, but under it the Attack is yellow (241), and the Defense and Agility are red (156 and 133, respectively). His Intelligence is also green (981). For my Chomby, there's a yellow Intelligence line at 231. I have to assume there's some point between 156 and 231 where the red line will turn yellow and, similarly, some point past 241 where it will turn green.

Hmm, that's interesting. When I view your pet pages, the only stats in color are their genders and their HP, being full they are green. The rest I see as black text.

I'm assuming they mean at the home page of the battle dome, and then again when you click on "more" but I don't know when they change color. I doubt it really means anything, it's just a visual aid to see how far away you are from the max boost.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Duma!

Ok @Indagare, looking at Duma's screenshot, I think it shows your progress to 750 for each stat. Not counting your HP since that can be above or below 750 as a maximum. Though it's color will change depending on where it falls on the rainbow spectrum TNT has for your neopet's health when it isn't at or near maximum.

image.png.2299f74b0d23a37d8b7f4bdda1a83eac.png

This is mine, so pretty much the only time I see it in the Red or Yellow colors is when I've been blasted for trying to steal from the snowager (Red then,), or yellow when my pet's HP is reduced to half by the Deserted Tomb, or Fireballs from the Wheel of Mediocrity, or from a couple other things on the site that can reduce HP. I haven't tried it when my HP is in blue or orange numbers, which you can get by using some healing potions or eating but not refilling your HP entirely. I don't know if the gauge is blue or orange for those times on the Battledome Stats Page.
I honestly haven't looked before when I have HP in either of those two color ranges. lol I've only seen my HP on that gauge as Red, Yellow, or Green.

I hope that helps.