Punchbag Sid?

lianakos

I saw a thread on the avatar forum on neopets where people were saying that he hasnt been available for about a year now!!

I hope they were wrong .. I will be watching this thread hopefully as I would like to get that avatar too :)

He appears randomly, a couple times a year, usually, for about 10ish minutes. He hasn't been seen since the new battledome has been put up though. TNT has said that they weren't going to retire any of the BD avatars, so it's safe to assume that Sid will be back someday, but likely not until the BD is out of beta.

It sucks, I know. I'm still missing that avatar too. :(

Ten minutes randomly every 6 months or so !!! sheesh now THAT is a difficult avatar to get :sad02:

Think I will forget it now lol

Wow - I never realised that Punchbag Sid was so rare!

Any idea how long more battledome will be in beta?

Nope, only TNT knows! I would expect probably for another six or so months at least? Mario_kart, a prominent BDer was keeping in communication with some of the people working on it, I believe, and from the sounds of things they had to kind of put working on it a lot on hold for other things. The end of the year is always busy with the GMC and Advent Calendar. I imagine (for whatever that is worth!) for some visible progress on the BD in late spring? :)

• 2 months later...

Punchbag Sid would be an interesting challenge. I would get a real laugh though, if while battling I could steal his Ultimate Chive Of Death Because it's so powerful and would end the battle Quickly! :D I don't know if I'll ever get to see him though. :-\ Appearing several more times than a couple a year would be nice too. Plus, we could update his profile in the Battlepedia. lol Oh well, let's hope TNT can get back to the Beta BD and get things working, so hopefully Sid will come back! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, only TNT knows! I would expect probably for another six or so months at least? Mario_kart, a prominent BDer was keeping in communication with some of the people working on it, I believe, and from the sounds of things they had to kind of put working on it a lot on hold for other things.

Apparently he's given up hope that it'll get out of beta and has sold his set