BD Pet and Set Advice

Hi,

I've been away from neopets for 3 years, so I'm not sure of which direction to proceed battledome-wise anymore. Please help :) Also my username is wrong so don't be confused if you don't find my pet on the account listed :P

Stats:
Hit Points: 116
Strength: 72
Defence: 48
Movement: 27
Intelligence: 387

I zap my pet every day.

Set:
Downsize!
Scuzzy's Comb
Leaf Shield
Parasol of Unfortunate Demise
Voidberry Potion (wish this worked still :/)
Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting
Lesser Healing Scroll
Earthen Scorchstone

Budget: 2-3 mil nps

I was thinking of getting Sophies Hat and having my pet drink some potions to increase strength and defense to the next tiers, since I haven't been able to defeat any enemie over difficulty 100.

Thanks!

First, while I love the reflector power in voidberry potion, they don't seem to be working right the last time I checked. Stow that gear in your SDB. I am not a fan of leaf shield nor the Parasol as earth and light are not heavily used at your level, if you are going against a foe that is using either than by all means keep them in reserve. I would suggest sophies hat and Royal blue as your shields, again study the weapons of your single player battle dome opponent, and choose appropriately.

Now, this might be controversial, but I am thinking a jar of healing brains for your healer. 60 hp, no overheal. You might study the cost of greater healing scroll, and decide.

You need a better secondary weapon, I am tempted to suggest a y-blaster/second wraithsmiting/Alt throwing star or some other 13+weapon. That would put you over 2-million with the Hat, Cloak and Brains. So, you could also go with Scroll of Knowledge for an 11 icon attack.

As far as training, potions are not economical for you at the time, since you didn't mention your level it is hard to know if you can train strength and dense, by certainly train level of fae abilities.

Thank you so much!

Yeah v pots aren't really working atm, which is really annoying :/ Thanks for the advice for the armors and weapons. However, I have a question about battling: Should I always use 1 shield and 1 weapon each round, or should I just use 2 weapons a round when the enemy's used up all their bombs/muffins/etc?

My level is 21 so training is not really a good idea atm :/

Thank you so much!

Yeah v pots aren't really working atm, which is really annoying :/ Thanks for the advice for the armors and weapons. However, I have a question about battling: Should I always use 1 shield and 1 weapon each round, or should I just use 2 weapons a round when the enemy's used up all their bombs/muffins/etc?

My level is 21 so training is not really a good idea atm :/

You better stop zapping first and balance your pet's stats before it gets unfixable.

If you want to KO your opponent in 1 round knowing they cannot inflict enough damage to defeat you, by all means go ahead and use 2 constants. If you are running low on HP, you better use a shield and a weapon.

Remove your VPot, Leaf shield, the parasol, and the scorchstone Sell those so you can have more nps. I recommend Wanderers Cloak (70k) + Kiko Skull Pirate Hat (20K I think?). It will block at least 2 icons of every type if you use them together. Or get a sophies magic hat instead of the pirate hat. Upgrade your healer to a Rejuvenating Jar of Brains and sell your Lesser Healing Scroll. You might want a Randomly Firing Freezing Ray as a 50% freezer but not really essential at your level. Lastly, get a one use 15 icon battle muffin for your last slot.

You better stop zapping first and balance your pet's stats before it gets unfixable.

If you want to KO your opponent in 1 round knowing they cannot inflict enough damage to defeat you, by all means go ahead and use 2 constants. If you are running low on HP, you better use a shield and a weapon.

Remove your VPot, Leaf shield, the parasol, and the scorchstone Sell those so you can have more nps. I recommend Wanderers Cloak (70k) + Kiko Skull Pirate Hat (20K I think?). It will block at least 2 icons of every type if you use them together. Or get a sophies magic hat instead of the pirate hat. Upgrade your healer to a Rejuvenating Jar of Brains and sell your Lesser Healing Scroll. You might want a Randomly Firing Freezing Ray as a 50% freezer but not really essential at your level. Lastly, get a one use 15 icon battle muffin for your last slot.

Alright, thanks for the help!

One more question though: Wouldn't long time lab ray pets be viable bd pets after a while due to their high hp and high strength?

Alright, thanks for the help!

One more question though: Wouldn't long time lab ray pets be viable bd pets after a while due to their high hp and high strength?

They are and are not. Mine is a long term labray pet, my defense is now so low I still loose a lot of HP when getting hit by a mediocre opponent and I can't train it since my level is too low (HP too high to train anything but level.) Strength doesn't get up and levels keep getting zapped away. I've been leveling up so I at least have the 2 faerie abilities where the opponent can't use any weapons. (lens flare and Warlocks rage) That really helps!

The high HP do help but if you plan on doing some real battling, and you're still even, try to keep it even! You can zap and when it's getting off balanced stop zapping a while, even it out, then zap again.

I have a lab pet too and I recently actually leveled up so I can train. It was a good decision. My suggestion would be to start working on those levels now and then keep your pet trainable as the lab increases their stats. There's really not too much harm in spending the NP on the stat-increasing items, if that's what you decide is a better option for you. It's better than not training at all and it's often more cost-effective than upgrading your weapons.

For your weapons, I think your set is pretty fine. Sophies Magic Hat could replace your Leaf Shield, but with low defense I find Leaf Shield is usually good enough. You won't get much use out of any shield until you increase your defense. You could also upgrade your Scuzzys Comb to something that does a few more icons like Altador Cup Throwing Star or Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy, but it might be more cost effective to upgrade to something like Scroll of the Scholar or Scroll of Knowledge because those tend to cost less than Scuzzys Comb (at least the last time I checked). Then you can spend those NP on something else.

You could also upgrade your healer to Greater Healing Scroll or Rejuvenating Jar of Brains.

Really, though, your best option is training - however you choose to do it. Your set is pretty appropriate for your stat level, so I recommend increasing your stats before upgrading your weapons.