New User Lookup shields

Neomancer

The long overdue new lookup shields are coming according to this Editorial post.

Hello, oh wise and powerful TNT! *bows* I have a very important question: will you be updating the shields for users that have been playing Neopets for 12+ years? It seems that those of us who have been around longer are still stuck with 12 year shields. Thank you for your time. *backs out of the room bowing* ~koggler

Very well, you have pleased us with your piety. You may have your shields. (Actually, we've already scheduled them. You'll see them appear after mid-November.)

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=616

Great news for all the Neoveterans out there!

YAY! I had sent in a request like that to the editoral a while ago too, never got published though. I am really glad that there are new shields coming. :laughingsmiley:

I can leave my own made shield nicely tucked away! Doesn't look as good as original shields anyway.

Now all we need is the option to change our username for a fee and all my wishes would be granted.

Ugh that would be awesome... I would be back on my 12+ year old account in an instant. Why, adolescent self, did you insist on using that terrible username? WHY?

That being said, I'm still psyched to see what shield I'll get on that account... Adios, Money Tree :(

And thus we have shields for those who survived Y2K. I still remember my dial-up internet modem connection sound and reading computer magazines (who read those in paper nowadays anyway?).

Ugh that would be awesome... I would be back on my 12+ year old account in an instant. Why, adolescent self, did you insist on using that terrible username? WHY?

That being said, I'm still psyched to see what shield I'll get on that account... Adios, Money Tree :(

There was an editorial not too long ago that addressed the possibility of changing your Neopet or username. I believe they said it would probably never happen. It's apparently more complicated than it seems, though I don't see how. Isn't it just changing a few letters on the Neopets servers?

This is great news, I will be moving into the new shields in the not to distant future (fingers crossed) Im about 11 years on neopets with this account.

Hope they are sparkly and special :rolleyes_anim:

Interesting to note that when these shields were being designed they really didnt expect many people to get to the 12 year point let alone beyond or they would have made them go up and up