Double Posting Rule Exception?

jcpet

I was wondering if we could double post in the Turmy Alert thread, because if I edit to add to my post, notifications will not be sent to people who are following the topic and I feel that that defeats the purpose of the thread...

Plus, post count is not increased in that forum anyway, right?

It's the same for snowager. I still edit the turmy post because that alert isn't automatic and the one for snowager is.

I know exceptions on rules are difficult to maintain, I understand the double post rule is to prevent spam and it's not possible for the mods to keep up if every edit is making it marked as unread, but maybe there are other ways too. (A box to check, like the edited on ... rule, if you want it to show up as an unread post or so?)

Also for the "Neopets site is down" board...I like the idea of double posting in these regards. But I definitely understand why the rule is in place.

According to the first page of the Turmy thread:

Double posting is allowed on this topic, as long as it is to alert if Turmy is up before someone else has posted. All other rules apply, though.

Oh! Didn't even know. Maybe I should have read the first post.
Thanks Wildbreeze.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.