Food Club?

thekatsmiau

I have recently come back after a long hiatus, and I have been trying to familiarize myself with all of the new things that have happened. I have gotten into Habi, and tried KQ (darn computer...) but I see a lot of people mentioning Food Club as a good NP maker. Could someone give me a crash course in this, or link me to a guide for it? I don't even know where to find it, haha! Thank you!

Erm, I'll try and be as concise about it as I possibly can.

Food Club is a betting page, there are 5 arenas, all with 4 pirates each, competing daily in an eating competition. The idea of Food Club is very simple: Try and predict who the winners are and bet on them, you can make multiple bet combinations to get a higher multiplier and a higher chance of your bets winning.

You can find a complete guide on TDN here.

My advice, if you want to start doing Food Club Bets, is to follow someone else's bets, there are quite a few people who post their bets daily. Most people earn their NP that way. Once you start to get into the flow of the game, you can try experimenting with your own bets. But here are a few pages you can follow:

http://www.neopets.com/~MyFoodClubBets

http://www.neopets.com/~jamila233

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=drusillax

Oh, wow! Thank you so much! It seems a bit overwhelming right now. Maybe it would be best to follow a more experienced player for a while until I get the hang of it.

Since your account is 10 years old, I advise you to start now and copy someone's else bets.

You won't win every day, but usually if you don't forget to bet on a daily basis, you make a profit every month.

Also bet the maximum amont you can, and place 10 bets (they work together.)

Since your account is 10 years old, I advise you to start now and copy someone's else bets.

You won't win every day, but usually if you don't forget to bet on a daily basis, you make a profit every month.

Also bet the maximum amont you can, and place 10 bets (they work together.)

I agree with Xepha. Note that the maximum payout is 1,000,000 NP per bet. This comes into play for bets with extreme odds (100:1 or worse) -- if you ever notice the payout box says 1 million, just decrease your bet until you're not hitting the limit anymore. (No sense in spending extra on a bet that won't pay any higher.)

{This is important when copying bets if the person you're copying has a much younger account than yours, since the max bet is based on account age.}

Did you write your bets down? Double-check the winners in each arena that you bet on. You might have inadvertently chosen the wrong pirate on your winning bet.

You have a week to collect your winnings (until the end of the seventh day after you placed the bet) -- if you're going for a trophy, you can start saving scores on the 24th/25th of the month, and then collect 8 days' of winnings after the results have come out on the 7th day (e.g., you start saving on a Saturday; you'll collect on the next Saturday after that day's results but before end of day, giving you 8 days' worth).

I used Hugo's bets yesterday ... and nothing, but they posted that they won ... so I am lost ...

Maybe you forgot to put that bet. If you're 100% sure you placed that bet, open a ticket.

Well it is like 10 different bets ... that is what is on that page, so I just copy what it says ...

I am just wondering how it works I guess.

I feel like maybe I am doing it wrong.
I tried to read what they wrote, but for whatever reason how they wrote it, does not make sense to me ...

copy his bets and you are good :)

I didn't bet yesterday so I don't know, but here is his "speech":

No upsets in the positive arenas and a small upset in one of my booster arenas.
Total result = 20:10 - doubled. Nice!

Again, two positive arenas. Lagoon and Hidden Cove.
I play both, with the three standard safeties and one extra safety on Ned.
I added three booster bets on the non-13:1 pirates in Treasure Island, two booster bets on the single-digit pirates in Harpoon Harry's, and used my last bet for the 4:1 base bet.
(If you think a 4:1 is not worth it, consider a booster on Squire or on Federismo).

what terminology don't you understand? I can answer that for you if u want :D

If I only do half of the bets (so 5 and not 10), will I still win something?

Or do have to do all 10 to win something?

So I guess you didn't understand how to play this game ;)

If you bet 5 bets, and in that 1 or more bets won then you won something, if in that 5 bets there're no bets won then you wouldn't win.

That's why people do all 10 bets, because their 10 bets stradgy covered for them to win at least something (unless there are upsets). If you only bet 5, it's your risk of being lost.

The winning bet works: all of pirate in one bet that you bet have to win then you can win that bet. That's why people don't usually bet many pirate when there's possibility of an upset.