oh no i'm the worst at writing titles.

I'm new here, I decided to sign up after a while of lurking and gratefully using TDN resources (thanks). Not that I have groundbraking any neo-insight to add, but this seems like a great community. I used to hang at the newbie chat, but I don't know. After coming back from a very long break it feels like too much of my (now somewhat grown-up) identity is based on stuff you can't bring up there, so I'm not really able to connect with someone, like I used to be. (Wow that was a long sentence.)

I've been playing Neopets on and off for close to a decade, but my current account is six years old (complete with a case of "oh-no-I-was-too-young-when-I-named-it"). I started playing again about half a year ago, after having had a several year long break. I was actually only going to show the site to my little brother, haha.

I don't know what else. I'm from Finland, I'm a student (planning on graduating from our equivalent to high school incoming spring). I do all my studying from home, keeping in touch with teachers by email. I tend to stupidly procrastinate and put off all assignments until the last weeks of the courses, "Why heeello, [any Neopets site event]" but it works (knock-on-wood). I like writing, mostly prose poetry, as well as drawing. I'm not very good at the latter, but practise makes perfect, right? I like making graphics too, so I'll get to making something for me to wear here soon. And uh, I also like lipstick and Pokémon and Neil Gaiman and coffee and tea and The Cure and The Knife and Minesweeper and Amanda Palmer and Andrea Gibson and The Dupree-Bemises.

Sorry about dumping my entire auto-biography on you, I never know what's appropriate for an introduction post. What I'm trying to say is; Hello, I'm here, I look forward to getting to know you guys.

:)))))

I'm glad, rockyroad, and yeah Duskitty; I think I'm still in control of the situation, but at times I feel like my Neopets account is the biggest achievement of my life. That makes me feel like maaaaybe I should do something about my life, but all's fine as long as no one gets hurt, right?
Thank you both :)

Welcome to the forum. Yes, all is fine as long as no one gets hurt. As long as the stuff you "need" to do is getting done I don't see the problem. What's so different about doing boring stuff then have fun or have fun and then do the boring stuff. Same result right? ;)

I'm sure you'll like it here!

Well that's definitely an introduction! Nah, it's always nice when welcoming someone to read about them, rather than intro after intro of just 'I don't know what to post here...'

I very much enjoy writing and drawing myself, but I'm a little too self-conscious to show other's my work. I prefer just writing for myself. And you definitely don't have to be great at it; as long as drawing makes you happy to do, that's all that matters!

So welcome to TDN, I look forward to seeing you around the boards!