Should I change gender?

I'm thinking about changing my male Krawk Xohan into a female, but I'm not sure because of his name. Perhaps is not a problem because of how I want to dress him/her up? Please give my your thoughts, because I have no idea what to do :(

If he stays a male.

medium_preview.png

If he becomes a female:

medium_preview.png

I know this outfit also goes with a male krawk, but I'm so in love with the wig :( And no, I won't trade him for a female or anything.

Well, that wig is actually based on a hairstyle worn by male warriors, so it's not necessarily feminine. I have a male Royalgirl Flotsam, because the Royalboy is purple, one of my least favorite colors, and I actually think the Royalgirl clothes are less froufrou than the Royalboy, and I don't like froufrou. He just doesn't have the long eyelashes of the girl. I dress him in whatever looks good on him. Right now, he's dressed in a pretty feminine style because I wanted to match the flowery trees item; the entire outfit was tailored around it, and he was selected to wear it because his coloring matched best:

2.png

Even though he usually looks better in skirts than "pants," he will remain male because he's always been a boy and he's got a boy's name. I've got enough girls. (Besides, the eyelashes! *shudders*) I don't mind if my boy wears dresses and skirts; he wears what looks good on him, just as my girls do (my female pirate Ixi often wears more masculine clothes).

Maybe it's because I had my pets for so long before customization, and it took forever for me to even think about putting clothes on them or even paint them something other than their first color -- and even then, their new colors were all somewhat close to the original! And I wouldn't even dream of changing their species (I do zap my battle pet, but in my heart she's always still a Mynci, and when she's retired from zapping, she'll be changed back right away). Their genders were set as soon as I picked their names.

• 1 month later...

This may be foolish to ask, but how are you changing the gender? Is it just the different clothing choices?

You can change the gender of your pet by fighting the Mad Lab Ray Scientist in the BD.

I know exactly how you feel. My Jubjub has a name that is based off my favorite shade of blue and the spanish word for blue. But becuase of that, I don't know whether to paint him striped to match my dream outfit, or to keep him blue becuase of his name,

As for your Krawk, I think he/she is gorgeous either way. Sorry I wan't much help.

Edit: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread, I contacted a mod.

Edited by iunicornbarf

• 3 months later...

I forgot all about the Mad Scientist changing your pets gender in the Battledome! That must be definitely beneficial for some people! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts on-topic. The OP was asking for an opinion on changing their pet's gender, so if you don't have an opinion, please don't post.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Personally, I don't put much thought into the gender of my pet when dressing. I just put whatever looks good on them.

Regarding names and gender, I think that Xohan (which is a lovely name, by the way) is one of those names that can go either way. It could be a girl's name, or a boy's name.

If you have the mad scientist as a challenger (and the pet is on your main account), you could always battle for the gender change and then battle again to change it back if you don't like it.