Combining method of training?

You cannot choose what stat to focus on when being zapped, it's all random. The only stat that has a higher chance of going up over time is endurance because it cannot be decreased. Not sure what level it is that makes your pet safe from being zapped back to level 1 but I think it might be either 20 or 40.. hope that helps! :rolleyes_anim:

From what I've seen, the Lab Ray usually increases HP/Str. If you wish to try to train as well, I would train defense. I wouldn't bet on training for long though because the lab ray usually messes up your level pretty quickly.

Honestly, I wouldn't attempt to train while using the lab ray.

It just won't work and you will lose out more than you will gain.

The only way I would suggest to do it, is by using faerie quest cookies.

I got my lab pet up to the 300 strength boost and 100 defense boost that way. I stopped using the FC cookies and he's quickly losing stats. It's beneficial because 1) you can often get stats for a fraction of the cost of ONE codestone, so if the lab ray subtracts 2 stats, you're not out 15k 2) it's not going to take 12 hours to get 2 stats. It's going to take 2 minutes, if that.

Unless you want abilities, I'd just train level. The lab ray will make your pet strong enough and give loads of HP anyway.

I train and zap and keep a very balanced pet. I've posted several times on my strategy -- I'm spamming the AC right now on a time crunch, but if you can't find it, PM me so I remember to come back and share. It is very easy, and saves you millions (and years). I've been doing it from 1-codestone all the way to 2-reds.

I think training and zapping together is a great idea. When I first started, I only zapped, and now I have an incredibly unbalanced pet. It's taking me forever to train up level so I can use the faerie abilities, and I'm still 100 levels away from being able to train anything else. If I were starting over, I would definitely zap, but I would keep my pet in training while I was zapping. I'd also keep my pet trainable - meaning I'd skip some days of zapping to let level catch up, if necessary.

If I were to use this method, I'd focus on training defense. That tends to be low in labbed pets. I would train level to keep the pet trainable.

Edited by Lamppost