Meridellian Battle Lines Smashed By Hardy Kikos

blaisezabini

400_kikolake.gif

Hello, Neopia! I am live from Altador, where all is happy and magical, as we are officially halfway through the Cup. Now that I have my favorite camerawoman back (the rock, not Livvy), I can finally report in peace. Yesterday was rough on me, but I realized that rock is best for my career as a field reporter. I'm so happy that I can finally report in peace, without harassment.

I have results for the Alabriss Bracket once again, and we saw some impressive victories. Meridell once again failed to play up to expectations by losing three of four to Kiko Lake, including Yooyuball. Meridell, though leading the bracket, has played extremely poorly the past few days. While they are still in first, if they want to retain their spot, they must play better in the next few days. Kiko Lake, on the other hand, is looking good after falling so dramatically in the past two brackets.

Angry Mermaids Maraqua picked up a rare Yooyuball win as they ousted Shenkuu in the final moments of yesterday’s match. The Mermaids were able to pick up a very much needed victory, and it now looks like they'll be a solid mid-tier contender for the Cup. Maraqua has shown that they can consistently beat the teams they're predicted to beat, whereas Shenkuu, on the contrary, has consistently lost to teams they had chances to beat. Shenkuu has fallen tremendously, but could a surprising turn around be in order once again?

The Scaries of Terror Mountain continued their surprising dominant run with another huge victory over Virtupets. The Scaries grabbed three of the four games against the Robots, including Yooyuball. Terror Mountain looks as good as Altador and Tyrannia at this point in the Cup. The Scaries have had a dramatic turnaround and look to be in form to actually win the Cup! Yes, I said Terror Mountain looks poised to win the Cup. If they continue their dominance, we could see them on the podium this year.

That concludes the Alabriss bracket. I promised rock dinner tonight, so I must be going. She is really excited. I'll send it to Matt! Stay classy, Neopia.

Thanks, Austin! Hello, everyone! This is Matt reporting to you from the newsroom with the results from the Minitheus Bracket! We only had one sweep yesterday to report. Let's get going!

Kreludor Logo Haunted Woods took on Kreludor for the second time this week. Previously, Haunted Woods was able to take Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown while the Moons took the remaining side games. However, yesterday the Moons took it up a notch, and they were on fire throughout the entire game, which is theoretically impossible since there is no oxygen in space and therefore there can not be a fire and...what? I'm being told to stop rambling on so let's get straight to the point! Kreludor was able to dominate Yooyuball yesterday, and the Zombies’ efforts to catch up were unsuccessful as the Moons edged ahead to take the win. The victory propelled the Moons to claim the remaining side games, cleanly sweeping Haunted Woods. Despite having won last year, Kreludor doesn't seem to be affected much by the winner’s curse. They've had a consistent year so far, and if they are able to keep this up, they have a chance at staying near the top tiers.

In the second match-up for this bracket we had Darigan Citadel against Brightvale. Riding high after their side game victory against Altador, the Wizards were able to conjure up their magic and take Yooyuball from the Minions. The Wizards weren't going to stop there, however, as their fans cheered their hearts out, drowning out the Citadel's supporters. The Citadel wasn't going to go out without a fight as they won Slushie Slinger and Shootout Showdown from Brightvale. We'll see how Brightvale does in the upcoming days, and if they'll be able to rise upward in their bracket. As for the Citadel, they need to get their act together. With only three total wins in this bracket so far, they need to do better if they want to have a spot on the podium once again.

Last but definitely not least, we have the match with the most buzz, Altador versus Roo Island!

Salayne Ritad Both teams looked very well coming into yesterday's match. Altador was able to shut the Roos out for most of the game, ending the game with a score of nine to six in Altador's favor. The Suns were also able to take Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise, but the Roos were able to take Shootout Showdown. This is only Altador's second loss of the season in any game so far. They were clearly able to demonstrate who the dominant team was between the two, and hopefully we'll get to see who the dominant team is between the Suns and Tyrannia. The Roos have to be careful today, as their opponent Brightvale will definitely cause an upset if they aren’t.

Now let's turn this over to Katie!

Thanks, Matt! I'm your co-anchor, Katie, with the complete results of the final bracket. Wow, the Vaeolus bracket is really starting to heat up! All three match-ups yesterday resulted in clean sweeps for Tyrannia, Krawk Island, and the Lost Desert. Tyrannia and Krawk Island continue to dominate this round and the former is still altogether undefeated. The Lost Desert had their best showing since the start of the tournament, taking down Mystery Island to achieve it.

Tyrannian Bori The Fossils took easy victories against the Faeries, winning by at least a four-point margin in all games. Team Faerieland took the losses in stride as they always do. Faerieland's captain, Kakoni Worrill, commended the fans' good sportsmanship throughout the match. Even though Tyrannia had the advantage, he continued, maintaining a positive attitude was the single most important outcome for the team. Worrill concluded with an optimistic outlook toward their match-up today with Mystery Island, in hopes that the Faeries could win some games. Tyrannia, however, has a remarkable determination to get onto the winner's podium. As Altador and Roo Island are now set back by losses, the Fossils are pulling ahead for a gold trophy.

Unfortunately, Team Moltara was unable to monopolize on their momentum going into the match-up with Krawk Island. Moltara's tag-teaming duo of Aldric Beign and Tulah Kisner found great difficulty in hurling the Yooyus past the Pirates' goalkeeper, Garven Hale. Though Beign and Kisner lost some steam during the match, they fought valiantly until the end. Losing by only a one-point margin, Team Moltara has nothing to be ashamed of -- especially against powerhouse Krawk Island. As for the Pirates, they have maintained a tight grip on the bracket so far. It seems that their only challenge this round is Tyrannia, who swept them at their first meeting. Is Krawk Island a candidate to halt the Fossils' undefeated streak? Who knows! Moltara and Krawk Island are playing again today, so the Magmas have a chance to redeem themselves for a victory.

Desert Ixi The Lost Desert had their best turnout so far against Mystery Island, sweeping the board with a margin of one point in all four games. Mystery Island's captain, Volgoth, continues to elude our reporters for comment on their performance this season. With no wins so far this round, the Natives need to step up their game in order to prevent themselves from falling toward the bottom of the standings. As for the Lost Desert, their performance in this round alone has improved drastically! With only three losses, the Mummies are regulating their game strategies efficiently, with Captain Leera Heggle stressing the importance of precise changes as they take on the undefeated Team Tyrannia today. We'll have to see if this move works for the Lost Desert!

That's it for the Vaeolus bracket results. Now we'll send it back to Matt for the matches that are sure to stir up fan fervor today!

Thanks Katie! Now let's finish this off with our matches to watch!

A match to watch today will be Brightvale against Roo Island! After Brightvale's upset against Altador and Darigan Citadel, the Wizards will be looking to further their success against another powerhouse team this year. Will the Roos be able to stop the Wizards or will the Wizards get the better of them?

Faerieland Logo Another interesting match-up to watch today will be Faerieland versus Mystery Island. Both are underdog teams that haven't been doing very well this year. After their second-place finish last year, Mystery Island dropped to the very bottom again. Will the Faeries be able to defeat the Natives, or will Mystery Island pull off an upset?

For our last match to watch today, we head over to the Alabriss bracket where old rivals Meridell and Maraqua will be going head-to-head today. Meridell has been doing very well this year, and with an overall standing of third place, they have a chance to be on the podium once again. Maraqua, the weaker team in this match-up, will be looking to pull off some upsets.

This is it for today! Tune in tomorrow for our next report! This is Matt signing off!

lg_6.jpg

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

So proud of RI. I wish we had focused exclusively on sides; I had a feeling YYB was an uphill battle, and we might have been able to take SS (and maybe MSN) too had we shifted our focus. But still, that 10 was incredible. BV is going to be tough today -- I'm definitely not going to slack off (tempting though it would be)!

I think Maraqua will "upset" Meridell if they give their all -- Meridell is looking rather weak this round, and I have no idea why they (or Maraqua for that matter) are ranked ahead of TM for the round.

Okay, how is it not the biggest news on here that TERROR MOUNTAIN GOT 13 POINTS IN YYB? That's the highest YYB score ever by far. The second highest is 9. Holy moly, what is with my team?!

It's far too late for us to win the cup, though, I think. Right now, we're listed as 10th place, and they don't seem to be taking the size of the win into account.

I knew Meridell would to Kiko Lake it can't be just a little break for being the best in the bracket, they actually tried. Nice Job KIKO LAKE. I thought Krawk Island would lose SS but apparently not, good thing too we are still undefeated in this bracket.

Okay, how is it not the biggest news on here that TERROR MOUNTAIN GOT 13 POINTS IN YYB? That's the highest YYB score ever by far. The second highest is 9. Holy moly, what is with my team?!

It's far too late for us to win the cup, though, I think. Right now, we're listed as 10th place, and they don't seem to be taking the size of the win into account.

I know right? 13-4? Man...we may not be able to win the cup, but we're certainly going to place higher than initially thought.

You won't like to hear this but I'm afraid TM also has some late showing cheaters.

You won't like to hear this but I'm afraid TM also has some late showing cheaters.

Sadly, highly possible. I keep hearing reports of cheating on various teams from people who say they saw people on off-site forums talking about how they were going to cheat. For some reason, though, the people keep refusing to back it up with evidence...they won't tell TNT what off-sites they were on. I do not want my team to win by cheating, so if there are cheaters, I want them to be reported right away, and TNT should be setting up safeguards.

So far, though, I really just see people on the neoboards accusing the ASGs of cheating simply for getting high scores.

EDIT: Can someone delete this post, please? The site did something funny and said "NO_FILE" for an error message when I tried to post. Then it posted twice.

Send a message to Spritzie or Report your own post. ":]

Also with Meridell, I am sad that we lost but we cannot take that so severely, we have a new opponent today and we need to play our hardest.

How do people cheat at these games anyway? hitting a minimum score and sending is within the rules.....and i still haven't heard an answer as to how someone can cheat at YYB.

I'm on the fence though. I want my team to win and succeed, but i know that if we achieve that through cheating people will view our wins as being tainted. I just want my team to be strong.

The way you would cheat would be to have some kind of program play the game for you. Not really sure how these people code up the programs, and TNT absolutely has ways of catching them.

The way you would cheat would be to have some kind of program play the game for you. Not really sure how these people code up the programs, and TNT absolutely has ways of catching them.

how many of them are there? I can't imagine there are so many people who know how to do this and spend their days on the Altador Cup.

Oh, I don't know - the bracket system's point allocation was specifically designed to weight late tournament performance more than early performance. You guys might still have a shot. ;)

Scores generally don't feature that heavily in our reports (although it's awesome to have them as a reference this year, reporting-wise). We'll definitely try and keep a closer eye on those especially impressive scores though. :yes: