Brightvale Wizards Manage Standout Performance Against Team Altador

husker

Banner

Mossy Rock aka Cameraman Hello all, this is Cra-I mean Austin and I am live from Alabam-Altador. I'm sorry to all, my memory is still a little fuzzy, and since Livvy ran away from me last night, I have a rock as a cameraman now. I know I'm a lot to handle, but I can't believe she just walked out. I... I just want...wanted to be hap-py. (He begins to sob, then sing.) Baby come back, any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you. Baby come back, you can blame it all on me. I was wrong, and I just can't live without you.

[screen cuts to blankness for a few minutes before returning to the original scene.]

Ahem - We are back live. I apologize for my break down earlier. Times are difficult right now. I have results from the Alabriss Bracket once again, as its are the only ones I can remember.

The Scary Terro-

Camerawoman: It's Terror Mountain.

Ooooooh, I se- Wait, you're a rock! Rocks can't talk!

I must be delusional still. As I was saying, Terror Mountain beat Shenkuu yesterday in dominating fashion yet again. The Scaries were able to once again put up huge numbers. Shenkuu was unable to keep up, except in Shootout Showdown, which was the only game they were able to take away from the Scaries. The Ninjas look to rebound, but there isn't much time left for them.

The Bouncies rebounded really well today, taking Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger from the Mermaids. Maraqua continued their side-game dominance, though, as they pulled off wins in the last two games. They have now won at least two of the side games in eight of their twelve games so far this year. The only thing holding Maraqua back is their poor Yooyuball record. Of the twelve matches played, the Mermaids have only managed three Yooyuball wins. If Maraqua plans on staying in the upper half of the standings, they'll need to change things quickly.

Clockwork Yooyu Meri... Mira... Meridial... The Knights lost in a tightly contested match to the Robots last night. Virtupets pulled away late in Yooyuball to pick up another nice Yooyuball win. The Knights have been susceptible to upsets this year, and yet again showed so last night. While they did pull off wins in Shootout Showdown and Make Some Noise, the Knights need as many points as they can get. Virtupets will try to garner momentum off of this win. In fact, they could make a late jump in the standings to compete for a top 8 spot.

With all these teams contin- I just can't believe she left. She was the best cameraperson I've ever had. I should have told her while she was here. Now I just have a stupid rock!

Camerawoman: Well you aren't a prize either, son. I'm leaving, for real this time.

Nooo! Come back! I didn't mean it! Please! I can't handle all of these emotio-

[Austin collapses. Seconds later, the feed cuts to the newsroom.]

MEDIC! WE NEED A MEDIC! It's okay, Austin! You'll be alright! Don't look at the white light!

[Matt activates the 'slap reporter' function on the camera with his remote. The camera repeatedly slaps Austin.]

Vicious hound Call the hounds! Send them after Livvy! Let's do this for Austin! (sigh) The drama that happens when I'm not here.

Anyways, hello, everyone! This is Matt reporting to you from the newsroom. The results from the Minitheus bracket have just come in and the results are surprising, to say the least! None of the teams in the bracket were able to obtain a clean sweep, and since Altador is in this bracket, I think you all know what this means! Well, let's get right to it.

Krell Vitor In our first match yesterday we had Haunted Woods against Kreludor. Now Kreludor, statistics-wise, has been the stronger team between the two, but that didn't hinder the Haunted Woods' morale as they took the field by storm, shocking all spectators as they were able to dominate the first half of Yooyuball. The Moons weren't going out peacefully, however. During the second half the Moons were able to bounce back, but a surprise goal with a Darigan Yooyu sealed the deal for the Haunted Woods as they were able to claim Yooyuball from the Moons in a close score of five to four. The Zombies were also able to claim Shootout Showdown from the Moons, an amazing feat, although Kreludor was able to bounce back and claim Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise. The Haunted Woods has been doing fairly well this year. Will they be able to keep up this good momentum?

Roo Roo On the other side of the Colosseum, Darigan Citadel and Roo Island were pitted against each other. The Roos are also a team that has been doing very well this year, and their performance definitely shone today in their match against the Minions. The Roos were able to dominate the whole game, and despite the Minions’ best efforts, Yooyuball went to the Roos with a score of five to seven. The Roos were also able to take Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown from the Citadel, but the Citadel was able to take Slushie Slinger, and add another loss to Roo Island's near spotless record. The Roos have been showing no sign of slowing down, and although they've suffered a few losses, they're still at full force and they look to be a contender for the podium and even the Cup. Now if they could only ditch Altador, their chances would be much greater. As for the Minions, they've been placed in two tough brackets now, and it seems like they might be losing steam. They need to get their act together if they want to have any chance at being on the podium once again.

King Hagan Now the match you've all been waiting for! Altador versus Brightvale! Everybody was shocked today as Brightvale managed to take a win from Altador in Slushie Slinger. Brightvale was on fire today as they were slinging slushies like crazy! Altador wasn't able to keep up with the demand! Altador's perfect record now has a blemish on it, and Tyrannia is the only team that still hasn't lost in a game. Altador was able to take Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown easily as Brightvale focused on the slushies. How will this loss affect Altador? Will it bring down morale, or will it motivate the Suns to play even harder? Altador still remains in first place in their bracket, but we'll see in a few days what happens with this team.

I guess this is it for me! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see if Austin is all right. Let's turn it over to Katie!

Good luck with Austin, Matt! Embarking on that endeavor is quite brave of you... right, this is Katie with the rest of the match-ups from yesterday! Last, but certainly not least, the Vaeolus bracket! Two sweeps occurred yesterday for powerhouses Tyrannia and Krawk Island, while Moltara and the Lost Desert split two games apiece.

Both Krawk Island and Tyrannia are looking strong as the Altador Cup heads into the early third round of play, taking down Teams Faerieland and Mystery Island respectively to end the day with two sweeps each under their belts so far. After Brightvale's spectacular Slushie Slinger win over Altador, Tyrannia remains the only team to be completely undefeated. The Fossils are endeavoring to keep their streak alive, but after Altador's loss, they may be the next target to cause an upset against. As long as Tyrannia stays grounded, they'll continue to do well this season. The Krawk Island crew's hard work has paid off this round and they're recuperating much-needed points. Garven Hale's save percentage increased after yesterday's Yooyuball match, which is especially crucial as the halfway point approaches. Keeping an eye on the treasure, in the form of a podium trophy, should be their mantra of motivation.

Tulah Kisner Moltara had a highly successful day against the Lost Desert, taking Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown from the Mummies. Forwards Aldric Beign and Tulah Kisner tag-teamed on offense, leading the Lost Desert crew by one point the entire game. With a graceful move on Kisner's part, a Faerie Yooyu sailed past Leera Heggle with less than a second left in the match. When asked to comment on their victory, Beign praised Kisner's buzzer beater shot and their impeccable teamwork. He assured Moltara's fans that they were not letting the victory go to their heads and were preparing for the next match with their renowned humility. As for the Lost Desert, they've been garnering more wins as of late. Although it has been a slow climb, they haven't let their prior losses bury them. There's still more time to improve for both teams!

That's it for me today. Let's go back to Matt for the most anticipated match-ups!

Thanks, Katie! Hello, everyone! This is Matt again. It seems like Austin has calmed down, so I'll be doing the matches to watch!

Darigan Yooyu The match that has all the buzz today is Altador against Roo Island! After being in the same bracket many times, these two teams finally get to face against each other. Altador, with their recent loss hanging over their heads, will be looking to beat Roo Island today. The Roos, however, will be looking to add a few more losses to Altador's record. We'll see which team comes out on top tonight!

Over in the Alabriss bracket, Meridell will be going head-to-head with Kiko Lake. The Kikos will be looking to move upward in their bracket, while Meridell will be trying to maintain their current position as first. This will certainly be an interesting match to watch today.

And last but not least, also from the Alabriss bracket, we have Terror Mountain versus Virtupets. Both teams are known to have caused some upsets this year, but we'll see how these two teams actually do against each other.

This is it! This is Matt from The Daily Neopets signing off.

signup_full.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

My mouth was wide open for a minute when i saw the results of that! Tyrannia is gonna win now!

101577.png

ld.jpg101577_ldpb.gif

Brightvale finally put some red on Altador's record. Now let's see if anyone can snap Tyrannia. :p

Good job to Moltara! Our teams seem to be particularly even this year.

And of course Brightvale gets a high five for breaking Altador's streak. It's good to remember that no team is unbeatable.

Except maybe Tyrannia this year... But someone is going to beat them!