Come all ye wandering zombies...

Come all ye spooks...

Come all ye denizens of the night...

Come and haunt the field...

Come all and join...

HAUNTED WOODS!

Haunted-Woods.gif

Rules:

1. No Flaming, Harassing or Hating on us or other teams.

2. Discuss anything relating to the Haunted Woods and/or the Altador Cup.

3. No eating the other team's brains.

4. Anyone can post here.

5. Be nice and have fun!

So some one had to make this thread and all I have to say is good luck to everyone in the Altador Cup and lets all make ACVIII an Altador Cup to remember! Go Haunted Woods!

But...but...brains...they is tasty. Whose brains am I supposed to eat now? :c

Anyways, glad to see a place for us Haunties! I checked the neoboards and there wasn't a single Haunted Woods thread!

Gooooo Haunties! Let's spook up the competition this year! ;)

Also, @andaraen, the Neoboards HW thread is OHWD (Official Haunted Woods Devotees) with the three fang smilies. Stop by and chat when you can! ^^

Glad to see that there's finally some dedicated Haunted Woods Supporters because sometimes I feel like I'm the only person playing on it and especially last year since we lost so many times. By the way this is the new counter for 2013 and if you want it go to this link http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/counters/.

Gooooo Haunties! Let's spook up the competition this year! ;)

Also, @andaraen, the Neoboards HW thread is OHWD (Official Haunted Woods Devotees) with the three fang smilies. Stop by and chat when you can! ^^

Yeah, I want to join OHWD since they are so devoted to Haunted Woods (hence the name) as soon as I turn 13 next year on March 16th.

95484.png

Oh, there are plenty of dedicated supporters on the AC Neoboard! :) We tend to garner a few freeloaders too (I think a petpage said we had as many as Faerieland for ACVII). I don't really know what happened to cause our abysmal YYB record (1 win overall, yikes!) last year, tbh, but I know that the new format was off-putting to some and a few of our veteran players were unable to play. I have high hopes for this year, though! No more ninth place for us!

Awesome! All of the Haunties are super friendly. :D

Oh, there are plenty of dedicated supporters on the AC Neoboard! :) We tend to garner a few freeloaders too (I think a petpage said we had as many as Faerieland for ACVII). I don't really know what happened to cause our abysmal YYB record (1 win overall, yikes!) last year, tbh, but I know that the new format was off-putting to some and a few of our veteran players were unable to play. I have high hopes for this year, though! No more ninth place for us!

Awesome! All of the Haunties are super friendly. :D

How exactly do you tell how many freeloaders a team is supposed to have?

Of course we're friendly! We may look scary and have a tendency to eat brains, but we're really nice at heart!

How exactly do you tell how many freeloaders a team is supposed to have?

Of course we're friendly! We may look scary and have a tendency to eat brains, but we're really nice at heart!

I found the petpage I was alluding to right here. There's more on the page on how it was calculated. Whether or not freeloaders truly have an effect... I guess that's debatable. xD You can't really predict freeloader numbers for the upcoming season, but generally the more popular a team is, the more freeloaders there are.

Exactly! We're just misunderstood creatures. :P

Greeting fellow haunties! I hope you're all preparing yourselves for ACVIII. Speaking of preparing for the Altador cup, what is everyone doing to prepare for the cup? I'm getting my music playlist sorted out for those long and slow games of Slushie Slinger. I'll also be setting my site theme to the Altador Cup theme once it actually starts.

I decked out my lab rat in HW/AC gear from past years. b) And a music playlist is a good idea! I like putting on Amnesia: The Dark Descent playthroughs while I power through SOSD and SLSL. Sets a spooky mood, I think!

Almost 26 hours to go, woohoo! :D

How has day one been treating the Haunties?

*points at siggy* I think I've been doing fairly well.

I'm also getting a GPG of 4.973.

Edit:

I just got this score and I am so proud. c:

14-1_zps28cf0180.png

I was so surprised when we got sweeped yesterday by Tyrannia and now we're versing Krawk Island, one of the toughest teams so we seriously need to focus on these two games, Yooyuball and Make Some Noise, since those are what the games they lost when they versed Maraqua. Oh and I'm now Rank Level Three, I increased one rank against Tyrannia and 2 ranks today against Krawk Island so I pray that we at least draw one game. My GPG IS 10.32 and Zo Junior's GPG is 9.43.

95484.png

Nice stats, you two! :D 14-1 is quite an impressive YYB score as well!

We'll get Tyrannia next time. ;) They had 15 YYB wins last year, so they're very good! Besides, it was a very close match so we Haunties shouldn't get too discouraged. Time to finish up playing against KI!

I was a bit disappointed when I saw that Tyrannia won this morning but, when I saw how close it was, I felt better. Hopefully we'll do better against Krawk Island. Today has been Play some AC games, smack a Brute in the BD, Play more AC games, smack a Sway member in the BD, play even more AC games, Smack some more brutes in the BD and so on. I just reached Rank 3 and decided to break away from my usual system of playing each game 5 times and then rotating to another game (My order tends to be SOSD, SLS, MSN and then YYB to keep things fresh) to try and give our team a boost by playing a lot more SOSD today since it has the bonus. My GPG is currently 9.05 so I don't think I'm doing too bad. Had a few cases of bad luck where the Darigan ball decided to popup early on and wasted like 2 minutes of game time until it when into the opponents goal (by them scoring it of course).

Speaking of Darigan Yooyus, I discovered a trick last year so that it goes in about 40% of the time. The trick is easy, just go to the farthest wall from your starting position, go under the net(make sure to be on the wall) away from the crease and shoot. Another thing to add is that it's still unpredictable so it might take a while to get it in sometimes. I checked the results today and we managed a win in Make Some Noise against Krawk Island! I'm also rank 4 now and my GPG is 10.402 and Zo Junior's GPG is 9.598 so hopefully we again win one the games again against Krawk Island. Don't give up Haunties, it's still the beginning of the Cup! By the way whenever my counter stats are updated it effects the posts that were shown previously or after it, so please don't think I don't do any work between the times of my posts because I really do.

95484.png

Great job yesterday fellow haunties, we really gave Terror Mountain some chills and we even moved up a bit in the standings! Today is good day for break day since I need to go to bed early. Lets keep up the pressure tomorrow on our next opponents!

We're off to an okay start this year and I can't express how awesome it is to finally sweep a team, and what's more is that it was a team that if they hadn't made us third in our final bracket last year we would have placed 8th instead of 9th. We should be glad to have an off-day so we can brush up on our skills and heighten our ranks, we will probably verse Brightvale tomorrow, and they have the exact same strengths as us so it'll be a tough match. By the way, did anyone take my advice for Darigan Yooyus that I posted earlier? If it's hard to understand message me on my TDN forums account.

Since we're up against the Practice Team, do our scores simply not count today? 0.o

Or is this just a glitch that'll get fixed later?

No it's not a glitch and is happening once in every one of the 5 shuffles that we'll do this year.

95484.png

This is so not my thread, but HW nearly swept MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Haunties took YYB, 5 to 6, SS also 5 to 6, MSN 4 to 5, and only surrendering SoSd to MD, 6 to 5.

Congrats, HW -- I don't know why your victory isn't reflected in your current bracket scores yet, but hopefully it will be soon, if you keep it up! (Just a Rooligan stopping by to encourage another team at the mercy of this stupid bracket system.)

Thanks Rooligans we have had some bad days and some good days but all that matters is that we work as a team and we're versing Faerieland today and we shouldn't underestimate them since we didn't sweep 'em last year. GO HAUNTIES!!!!!!

95484.png

Great job guys. we swept the Faeries and we looked good doing it :thumbsup: . That's our 2nd sweep of the year and let's keep this hot streak going on against Brightvale. CHAAARRRGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :medieval:

95484.png