In your opinion which stat is most important in the Battledome?

I go in the Battledome so these questions about the Battledome will appear most likely. ^-^;

Rules of posting:

• Don't say just a stat like "Strength","Defence","HP". I would like to hear why.
  • You may say a stat and start out the second sentence as since, because, and maybe although if you are comparing.
  • Of course follow the rules that are applied to the whole website by the admins or moderators. XD
I think Strength is important to me, because it can easily defeat an enemy and in personality I go for attacks than defenses. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Battledome & Battlepedia Chat'.

Honestly I can't just choose one stat that is better than all the others. To me they are all equally important aside from speed. You need levels to even train strength, defense, HP. You need strength to fight better, defense to well... defend, and health points to last longer in a battle. In my humble opinion, I would train them all equally.

I agree there is no one stat that is the most important.

My main battledome pet is a balanced one if you ignore speed.

So is the other pet that has been training only via the training schools and random events.

I do have two lab rats but I find fighting with them quite difficult as their high health points are paired with reasonable strength and very poor defence. This basically means you have to make sure you deal maximum damage in the first round and hope that your opponent doesn't deal enough damage in return. This of course has become a lot harder with the addition of hte weapon cancelling abilities.

On the other hand if you plan to generate a lot of np to buy high end weapons you may be able to make up for a weaker stat but as was said before, the way the training system works means you have to train at least two (level and the one you consider important anyway).

If you are completely new to the battledome have a look at the guidance articles in the battlepedia where the advantages of the most common stat combinations with regards to the strategies they work with are discussed.

I would say it depends on your strategy.

Personally, my battle pet is an ex-lab rat, so he has very high hit points, high strength, fairly rubbish defence and I'm currently training up his level.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=weeminkle

Movement is currently useless, so that's definitely the least important.

Defence is only useful if you're using a defensive item, like a shield. If you aren't it doesn't do anything. Most of the time when I fight, I just attack as hard as I can, not bothering with shields, and hope I kill my opponent before he kills me. So my defence being low doesn't bother me.

Strength is very useful, as it acts as a multiplier to make your weapons better. The higher your strength, the harder you hit.

Hit points are also very useful. If your hitpoints are low, you won't last very long, however good your equipment is.

Because of the new abilities, level is also very important. Abilities like Lens Flare (level 50) are invaluable.

So I would say Hit Points - Strength - Level, in that order, but all are important. Defence, not so much, Movement, not at all.

EDIT: It's probably worth adding that once your Strength and Defence get to 750, and your Level to 500, there's no point improving them any further, but you want your HP as high as you possibly can...

I have seen an amazing BD pet that had 750 boost strength/defense, and 3HP. Between the set they had, and their strength boosts, they were a seriously formidable opponent. If they were hit in the wrong way though, they wouldn't last even one round because of their low HP.

I agree with the others. All stats (-speed) are equally important in a BD pet. You can get by with low defense, and with low HP with a lot of difficulty, but having a balanced pet makes strategy much easier, and makes you a more formidable battler.

Yes, all stats (except movement) are equally important. Level helps you to train and get good faerie abilities, strength damages the opponent, defence can save you if both are in low-HP condition, and HP will make you capable of taking more damage.

Yes, all stats (except movement) are equally important. Level helps you to train and get good faerie abilities, strength damages the opponent, defence can save you if both are in low-HP condition, and HP will make you capable of taking more damage.

Yes, that's a pretty accurate description. If you don't have a lot of one stat (like defense), you better have a lot of a differ stat (like HP) to make up for it. Otherwise you won't be very successful in the BD. That's why lab rats are a successful option: their super high HP makes up for their low defense.

This probably also why Neopians tend to compare battle pets by adding together their HP, strength, and defense. You may see people around discussing the HSD of their pet, because adding those three together makes it easier to compare pets with varied stats. Without a number like that, it would be much harder to compare lab rats (high HP, low defense), tanks (high defense), and balanced pets (similar stats all around).

Okay, so yes, all stats should be equal. I don't know why they don't add the Speed stat to be equal too, however, but this is the time I need to stop thinking about Pokemon. Haha... But anyway, that kind of backfired at me. ^^; Whoops. I need to study more on the stats and Battledome. Heehee

The question is wrong, the fruit that flows from the corrupt seed can not be consumed.

There are many paths, it does not matter so much which path you choose, but how you travel on your journey. You ask for best, but learn to appreciate the value of diversity. While that is NA mysticism, the answer still applies here. There are many great battlepets that have high strength, low hit points that will overwhelm you, there are tanks with the multihealer and good shields that you'll pound sand trying to beat, all the while they chip at your health until you are gone. There are others.

If you do not expect the many strategies that you may face, then you will lose on occasion. If you are not prepared for all contingencies, you'll have your heart cut out and shown to you by a clever foe. That is the way it is in life, that is the way that it is in battledome.

A level/hp/strength pet is the most standard strategy, generally it is a good one. Defense is not as important, as full blockers and reflectors can make defense not as useful as you might think. Added to that, the best weapons hit more than the best shields will block.

Right now, level has gained so much with the new faerie abilities, at level 300 you'll have two full freezers that will allow you to either keep even with a foe, or lose will blinded in the warlock's rage.

-Colonel-

Strength, followed by HP to last the battle at hand. An amazing weapon is meh if a pet doesn't have a strength boost to yield it with any might.

I use defense as an afterthought in terms of strategy...

HP, for 1-player battles - I've got a pet with 139 even strength and defence and now that I've gotten the health up to 250+ I can take on any of the Obelisk challengers easily. Obviously my end game is to even the stats out and get more serious about battling, but if your health is high enough, as long as you have enough strength to deal decent blows every turn you're set as a casual BDer.

Strength, followed by HP to last the battle at hand. An amazing weapon is meh if a pet doesn't have a strength boost to yield it with any might.

I use defense as an afterthought in terms of strategy...

lol I'm almost the reverse. I keep my boosts even, but I tend to train defense a little more than Strength. Sure Strength is important, and if you Lab or something that gets your HP and Strength insanely high, that's fine. But then you need full blockers in your set, taking up slots. Also, there is one or two more ways to train strength than Defense, not counting Faerie Quests, nor stat-boosting items. Turmaculus can give 1 point of strength sometimes if you wake him, and I believe there is a strength increasing Random Event. (Also not counting Coltzan who can award defensive points as well as other stat points) There has always seemed to me to be an emphasis on strength in the BD. Full blockers are more expensive, usually, than partial blockers with a variety of icons they block. But the best offense is a good defense, and mine has pulled my rear out of the fire plenty of times. LOL

Btw Annika~, I checked out your battle pet, impressive. :D

Anyway, you need strength for the sword and defense for the shield, and experience of the player combined with the pet's training. That is thebest way to be victorious imho. Oh and checking out the 1-player profiles we have in TDN's Battlepedia doesn't hurt either. ;)

But the best offense is a good defense, and mine has pulled my rear out of the fire plenty of times. LOL

Btw Annika~, I checked out your battle pet, impressive. :D

Anyway, you need strength for the sword and defense for the shield, and experience of the player combined with the pet's training. That is thebest way to be victorious imho. Oh and checking out the 1-player profiles we have in TDN's Battlepedia doesn't hurt either. ;)

Thanks for the props, Aquamentis! Your battle pet is also raring to fight! :rambo:

I primarily 1p with my battle pet--and fighting 1p fights with lots of attack power is a great stress reliever. I think I need to diversify my weapon set if I were to get serious about 2p. Either way, nothing is more fun than taking out a foe in one offensive whack!

Thanks for the props, Aquamentis! Your battle pet is also raring to fight! :rambo:

I primarily 1p with my battle pet--and fighting 1p fights with lots of attack power is a great stress reliever. I think I need to diversify my weapon set if I were to get serious about 2p. Either way, nothing is more fun than taking out a foe in one offensive whack!

Thanks back! :) He's really come a long way, even since just before the last war started. LOL

I agree, 1-shotting an opponent is pretty fun. I've been doing that to the faction leaders for these post-war skirmishes, usually works unless they put up some faerie ability defense, Burrow and/or multi-uses of lens flare/throw pillows/ warlocks rage/tempest. It's too bad TNT is leaving them the option of multi-using those skills, but it does make things a bit more interesting.

I try to research my 1p opponents to prepare for battle, but in testing the new waves during the last war, losses had to be expected. It took many battles and dragging them out, to get all 8 weapons nailed down.

I really don't 2p either, but if I did, I'd probably use TDN's basic set guide to get some ideas on items to buy. Though, I have a fair (budget) arsenal to switch out if I have any ideas on what I might need in a fight. ;) When I say budget, I mean cheap. LOL I've done the underleveled budget battling style for most of my time on Neo.

I don't make/have a lot of NP, so I research weapon entries to find out what might just give me a little edge over a 1p opponent, or better chance at surviving a battle, Like for Defenders of Neopia, or some of the previous wars. Any and every little bit CAN help. ;) Especially when taking on an opponent several boosts above your pet. :D

Btw, nice siggy and avatar. :) Did you make them?

Have a good one. :)