The Truce Has Ended!

hrtbrk

NOOOOOO! I can't stay with my beloved Sway! I don't wanna do war anymore. *pouts*

Anywho, my second choice used to be the Seekers, but I really the the Orders' leader so....And I'm glad we have a definite answer to whether or not the war will continue and when it will start. That'll give me enough time to get to the next str boost at least. Not so much with defense.

Does anyone know why these three factions are our options? Just a little curious.

Plus, I've already pledged my allegiance to the Sway, it's irking me a bit to have to switch sides! :P

I assume they will add in the other factions every day after this day, like they did when they originally hyped us for the war.

Very glad to be able to stick with the thieves. Not looking forward to more battling though. :/ It's decidedly not my strong suit. Though I never stopped training my bd pet from the last cycle, so he's quite a bit better now, I would think. Just... I don't know. He's still pretty mediocre compared to everyone who has been training years, which makes sense. I just hope the hp jumps aren't quite so large this go round.

I was kind of thinking that they might have plot turnouts based on these factions, so that might be all the options we get. Also it does say that war breaks out soon and not that more info would be coming. Idk. I got my first choice anyhow, but I would be irked too if I'd needed to switch.

I can understand members of the Awakened or the Brute Squad pledging their allegiance to one of the three other factions, since they apparently are doing better in the war. That makes sense plot-wise; you can think of it like an alliance. But why would a member of the Sway (like me) pledge for the Order, the Thieves, or the Seekers? How does that make any sense? Shouldn't we be defending the Obelisk or something?

Does anyone know why these three factions are our options? Just a little curious.

Plus, I've already pledged my allegiance to the Sway, it's irking me a bit to have to switch sides! :P

This. Completely this.

I AM SWAY! All others shall perish under our polished boots.

Just kidding. Why can't I be sway? :(

Hmm...this is not at all how I expected this to be. If it gives everyone else the chance for an avatar, then why are Sway members allowed to participate at all? Why do some people have to change sides? I sure hope the Awakened and Brutes get to have their own team again soon! That would be really disappointing for them!

I'm really glad I get to stay with my Seekers, but it breaks my heart that some have to turn over to the enemy :(

You've chosen sides, and that has consequences. It looks like a lot of Neopets are interested in fighting you soon, so you might want to get in some last minute training.

...Oh. Dear. Faerie Queen.

A lot of neopets? Not a lot of...opponents? Attackers? They specifically said "neopets"?

This makes me think that perhaps there will be two-player battling. What do you think? Do not want!

Hmm...this is not at all how I expected this to be. If it gives everyone else the chance for an avatar, then why are Sway members allowed to participate at all? Why do some people have to change sides? I sure hope the Awakened and Brutes get to have their own team again soon! That would be really disappointing for them!

I'm really glad I get to stay with my Seekers, but it breaks my heart that some have to turn over to the enemy :(

...Oh. Dear. Faerie Queen.

A lot of neopets? Not a lot of...opponents? Attackers? They specifically said "neopets"?

This makes me think that perhaps there will be two-player battling. What do you think? Do not want!

That's what I fear, too. If it's 2-player battling I'm out! But it would make sense for it to be 2-player battling next if they really are using this event as an excuse to test the new BD like people say it is. It'd be really unfair though because there would of course be some uberpowerful pets and some neopets newbies and then the average BDers and it would basically be like rock-paper-scissors with everyone being swept (except for the crazy powerful peeps).

Oooh, WBA, thanks for posting that message. That would be interesting. But I hope it's not 2p; I have no experience in 2p! And I suspect they might match you based on your stats (because that would only be fair), except I'm under-equipped compared to most people with my stats, so I would lose everything. On the other hand, we might be able to choose arenas -- do you get drops while playing 2p? Would regular 1p challengers still be open?

I can kind of understand why they would limit it to 3. Calculating who won in a 6-way battle can be difficult, as the last skirmish showed. And maybe these 3 factions were the most popular, or perhaps they were 2nd-4th place during the last. Or maybe this will become a periodic activity, and they'll rotate through which 3 factions fight. Especially if WBA is correct, they'd want to make sure there's someone available for you to fight each time you want to fight, so fewer factions increases the chances of more equal numbers of opponents in the dome at all times.

However, I suspect there may be no site theme or avatar for this round of fighting. We're only looking to unlock the power of the obelisk -- weren't the extra avatar and site theme given on the war page, not the obelisk page? Plus, they were war prizes, and apparently the war is over. And most importantly, Sway have to switch factions, so they could win another set, making some of them 2-up on most people. Maybe they'll have an avatar, and as long as you join each faction in turn and that faction eventually wins, you could eventually collect them all, though it could take years unless you're lucky. And it'd make the skirmishes uneven if avatar collectors all rallied to one side and worked hard to help them get that elusive avatar.

I'm not sure who I want to join this time. I joined the Seekers last time before their video came out, and there was some implication that maybe they weren't as altruistic as initially suggested -- and then the Brute Squad came out, and they were a lot more altruistic than I figured them to be initially. Of course I can't choose the Brute Squad, but I do like the Thieves Guild, and the Order's not bad either. I want to be on the winning faction, obviously, and both the others seemed a little stronger than the Seekers to me last time. But which will the coattail riders gravitate to? They're going to drag that faction down, and I plan to work hard. Maybe I'll do some snooping on the Neoboards, gather more knowledge before choosing.

Well, I think if it DID end up being 2-player (just a theory!) they would find a way to make it fair-ish. They would match up pets with similar stats.

And it's not a bad idea, really...it would take away the problem of opponents not increasing difficulty. Battlers would not be able to just battle as long as they want--they'd battle until it's not worth it anymore.

I just don't want it to happen because I recently traded my Kelpbeard's Trident for expensive books, and I replaced it with the scroll of ultranova :)

I encourage anyone looking for a team to join the Seekers. We're a fun group! We're very active on the neoboards, and we're very helpful and generous. (Also, if you're on a faerie quest, we help you out the fastest :P)

Oooh, WBA, thanks for posting that message. That would be interesting. But I hope it's not 2p; I have no experience in 2p! And I suspect they might match you based on your stats (because that would only be fair), except I'm under-equipped compared to most people with my stats, so I would lose everything. On the other hand, we might be able to choose arenas -- do you get drops while playing 2p? Would regular 1p challengers still be open?

I can kind of understand why they would limit it to 3. Calculating who won in a 6-way battle can be difficult, as the last skirmish showed. And maybe these 3 factions were the most popular, or perhaps they were 2nd-4th place during the last. Or maybe this will become a periodic activity, and they'll rotate through which 3 factions fight. Especially if WBA is correct, they'd want to make sure there's someone available for you to fight each time you want to fight, so fewer factions increases the chances of more equal numbers of opponents in the dome at all times.

However, I suspect there may be no site theme or avatar for this round of fighting. We're only looking to unlock the power of the obelisk -- weren't the extra avatar and site theme given on the war page, not the obelisk page? Plus, they were war prizes, and apparently the war is over. And most importantly, Sway have to switch factions, so they could win another set, making some of them 2-up on most people. Maybe they'll have an avatar, and as long as you join each faction in turn and that faction eventually wins, you could eventually collect them all, though it could take years unless you're lucky. And it'd make the skirmishes uneven if avatar collectors all rallied to one side and worked hard to help them get that elusive avatar.

I'm not sure who I want to join this time. I joined the Seekers last time before their video came out, and there was some implication that maybe they weren't as altruistic as initially suggested -- and then the Brute Squad came out, and they were a lot more altruistic than I figured them to be initially. Of course I can't choose the Brute Squad, but I do like the Thieves Guild, and the Order's not bad either. I want to be on the winning faction, obviously, and both the others seemed a little stronger than the Seekers to me last time. But which will the coattail riders gravitate to? They're going to drag that faction down, and I plan to work hard. Maybe I'll do some snooping on the Neoboards, gather more knowledge before choosing.

If that's the case, I'm off to buy 2 Flask of Liquid Fire.

Edit: I only bought 1, I figured Rusty Pitchfork would be good in warding off, Yblaster, BLSOWS, ACTS and Wand of Reality, which is what most people are equipped with at the 125 boost.