Obelisk Prizes Now Released!

hrtbrk

They did a really good job with the prizes. Glad to wait, and happier it seems like there's a second round!!! The thieves will be back...

Even though I'm not sway, the whole you get a site perk thing during the Truce is genius. Better than an extra item because only those who really care will benefit; plus it's something actually worth fighting for.

2 small problems:

-The extra avatar for Sway seems pretty extreme. The difference between high scores might be a 150+ million np Stamp album page vs picking the right side in the war? Doesn't seem fair for something that's much bigger.

-How much does TNT hate the Tyrannian PB? This was already deflated as a Key Quest prize. But now a Shadow PB is officially worth 25x as much? If you're gonna deflate PBs, why don't you focus on the ones that are out of control?

Basically panicking because I'm overwhelmed right now. I want to look at all the topics on Neopets to see what everyone thinks! And I wanna use my boon to get shweet lootz from the shops. And I wanna focus on getting plot-exclusive prizes but I also wanna get everything I want which I'm not sure if I can because I didn't bother with losing to the opponents for 2 rounds and Waaaaaaaah. My brain may explode. I also wanna go see what the tumblr neopians think. *sobs*

I'm overall pretty okay with how I did, I guess. I didn't realize I had done so poorly at the digging. I guess in my head I made the mistake of thinking that it was a daily thing rather than a keep on digging thing. I couldn't do hardly anything for the last two waves. I managed to be on the upper end of Camp Guard.

I really desperately want to know more about how the battledome items fare. Until I know that, I don't know if I want to blow through my points on those or not. I guess I could always go by instinct. Got my Hanso's Charisma Charm that way last time.

Super jealous about the extra avatar for the Sway. Congrats though, guys.

Very glad the event is not over, though. We'll see what goes down next. I'm still no where near where I need to be to be competitive in a war-type plot.

Edit: Hey guys, do we know whether or not the points we earn after this will be added to our current point totals? Or will it go toward something else entirely?

I only got about 35k, but that's still way more points than I thought I'd get. I thought I'd be down in keychain levels of sadness. (I could get 43 keychains if I want, but no one ever buys them!) Still, two Tyrannian paintbrushes, two books (one of which I've had Estrata read already) and some random foods are pretty decent. I wish I'd had enough points for a Shadow brush, as that's my favorite, but...ah...meerca poo happens. :> (Maybe I'll be lucky enough that one of you has so many points that they don't know what to do with them will give me a Shadow, but I think I'm dreaming!)

Given that the ticker has a little more than six days on it, I'm guessing we're definitely back in action next week. Maybe it's the puzzle portion of the event that everyone has been hoping for! (Please...NO MORE BATTLING! *faints*)

I wish I could have had more time to battle to the next trophy level, but all in all I'm pretty excited about the prizes. I went into a fit of laughter when I saw the Helpful Zafara Digger in the shop, and not to mention it's wearable! I basically bought everything from the keyrings to the stamp, except the oracle machine and wizard action figure, to make sure I had 150,000-ish points left. I really want the Ring of the Sway, but I want to see if any stats for those weapons come out first, and then I'll pick favorites from the wearables.

I thank everyone for a surprisingly fun war :)

I wish I could have had more time to battle to the next trophy level, but all in all I'm pretty excited about the prizes. I went into a fit of laughter when I saw the Helpful Zafara Digger in the shop, and not to mention it's wearable! I basically bought everything from the keyrings to the stamp, except the oracle machine and wizard action figure, to make sure I had 150,000-ish points left. I really want the Ring of the Sway, but I want to see if any stats for those weapons come out first, and then I'll pick favorites from the wearables.

I thank everyone for a surprisingly fun war :)

There's a thread that seems to have some good information on the battledome items. Some of them are already officially listed with their stats in the battlepedia and others are in the comments here.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/37732-obelisk-war-prizes/#entry686149

299,045 points

As a PB collector, I want that Shadow PB. Buuuuut I'm just gonna let it deflate and just buy it with pure NP after it deflates a bit. I totally want the Sway ring and the moustache. Not much else that I "must have", but there are a lot of nice things. Tyrannia looks nice, I'm LOVING the Sway avatar, and I chose the stock market boon as I'm trying to get as many stocks as I can.

Got a relic paint brush and a tyrannian paint brush and a few other things.....wondering if I should get another tyrannian paint brush and put the brushes in the safety deposit box until the prices go back up.......would gladly give up all of these paint brushes for a royal or desert brush XD.

Finally after long last they told us the victor! Sad that Sway won but I enjoyed my team (order) so all good....First plot event that I actually had enough points to get a paint brush XD

296,514 points! And two avatars and two themes! I'm very happy with the way this ended! Of course, I have no idea at all what to spend my points on! Indecisiveness has struck.

Shadow pbs are still frightfully expensive--at least for the moment. Maybe you should get one and sell it for the points?

So, I have no idea what to buy yet. I'll probably hold onto my points for awhile. Just wanted to say that TNT did AMAZING with the new Tyrannia. I absolutley adore the new look. :)

edit: Seriously?! Omg, I am SO happy with you TNT. <3 I have enough points to buy anything on the prize list. Got the sight theme and avatar. Even after I missed two of the 'doing your part' days. :DDD YAYYYYY!!! <3

double edit: Just got another avatar and site theme. The Sway won?!!!

Ahhhhh, suppose I should have been fighting on the team who got to fight sloth since I ended up going 'meh' after the minimum required while fighting Wrath... and that cost me. 11k away from the top trophy... 639k points, just 11k away from the gold. Why? Why does sloth taunt me so?

I'm a little bit devastated that even though I joined the sway and was super excited for the Battle element - by the time that came around I had so much stuff going on that I couldn't get my head around the battling and put it off until I realised the waves were way too difficult for me. I think I only tried two battles and gave up! I got one achievement!

And I only got like 5k points in the whole event!

I can accept that - but I also didn't get the extra avatar and extra site theme for the sway. That's the part I'm kicking myself over.

It's a little bit extra disappointing because I somehow managed to choose the right side!

A part of my is hoping it's a glitch but I also have no option to look at boons and stuff. Maybe I'm disqualified :-/

It's up now! We've been working on it. :)

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/prizes/

Many thanks, it was exactly what I was looking for. None of them seemed liked they'd have a major impact on how I play, so I picked the Faerie Quest one because for some reason I tend to get a lot of them and maybe it'd help get a FFQ ~ I know it's mostly just wishful thinking on my part though!

I'm a little bit devastated that even though I joined the sway and was super excited for the Battle element - by the time that came around I had so much stuff going on that I couldn't get my head around the battling and put it off until I realised the waves were way too difficult for me. I think I only tried two battles and gave up! I got one achievement!

And I only got like 5k points in the whole event!

I can accept that - but I also didn't get the extra avatar and extra site theme for the sway. That's the part I'm kicking myself over.

It's a little bit extra disappointing because I somehow managed to choose the right side!

A part of my is hoping it's a glitch but I also have no option to look at boons and stuff. Maybe I'm disqualified :-/

No, I don't think it's a glitch. I think everyone that had less than 10k points didn't get any prizes. I think TNT wanted to make it as fair as possible, so people who didn't participate couldn't get the boons- something they knew would be a sore point for people that joined other factions.

Does anyone know how long the prizes stay in the shop for? Just wondering if I should start buying the items I want or if I can wait for a while.

You can wait for years, if you like. If this war is like any other plot, then the prize shop will be there forever. You can still go look at the prize shops for the Faeries Ruin, and the Lost Desert plot. :)

It took me this long to realize, "Hey, you know, that Scores Galore is a nice distraction until the War starts up again!"

Anyone else notice that the SG wraps just about the time the truce ends? (I know SG few times a year is normal, but I think that's an interesting "coincidence".)

It took me this long to realize, "Hey, you know, that Scores Galore is a nice distraction until the War starts up again!"

Anyone else notice that the SG wraps just about the time the truce ends? (I know SG few times a year is normal, but I think that's an interesting "coincidence".)

I thought about that before TNT mentioned the Prize Shop was opened, or that it'd be open soon. In the few days before Scores Galore I was getting really impatient that the prize shop still hadn't been released and I imagined a lot of others were too. So then Scores Galore started (which I didn't realize was going to happen) and I thought, 'oh sure, I bet TNT's just trying to distract us that the war prizes still won't be out for another week!'

I have no idea how The Sway won! I had given up hope that my faction could win. Maybe they cheated somehow; The Sway would probably be the first group to do that. But I strongly suspect that all of the factions, or at least more of them, will get another avatar and site theme eventually when events continue. Because if the avatar is called Battleground: The Sway, there will probably also be Battleground: The Awakened, Battleground: The Seekers, etc. And the extras are really rather unfair.

I got the Warmonger trophy. I picked the faerie quest one for my boon (I'm using a fortune cookie now). Both of the premium boons seem pretty pointless for me. I really like some of the prizes! ROCK! I may have to get one of those now. Several of the 25,000 point wearables are great, and also the Rejuvenating Jar of Brains. I wonder how that will affect the price of the Greater Healing Scroll. I'll likely wait some time to select my prizes though.