Obelisk Prizes Now Released!

hrtbrk

So, has anyone figured out what all the boons do? I can't seem to figure out what the Black Market Goods is supposed to do. Also, has anyone set anything up to calculate how much more NP we'd get for the Bank Bribery boon?

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Cheaper by the Dozen boon, but I want to be sure what the rest of them do before I make my decision.

I don't understand why people are dithering on picking a "boon." The boons expire on Sunday if we all here have interpreted the statements on the site correctly. Just pick your boon/s now, because you only have 5 days left til the timer runs out!

Welp, I finally decided on the stock drop. I've already bought my stock for today, but at least I can do it tomorrow and Saturday.

It's too bad this isn't permanent, though.

If it was permanent, it would have caused major imbalance in the game.

Any of the following could happen after the truce:

1 - give prizes to the second faction (and repeat and so on) in order to balance everything out

2 - have another round of battle and then have another faction win (very likely based on the use of word "truce")

3 - obelisk opens with a new plot

4 - obelisk opens with a new daily

5 - announcement of a new monthly faction tournament or new feature of battledome

6 - nothing happens (i.e. a few more weeks of waiting)

You will find out soon enough, but we also don't want you guys panicking and spending your points before you're ready. The prize shop and your points are from the war and will not increase or vanish once the timer winds down. While we recommend keeping your sword arm ready, the prize shop marked the end of the "site plot / event / war." The resulting skirmishes, however, are just about to start...

From this week's editorial

so the plot endded, but I really don't understand the last sentences.

also from toda

Yes, players will once again be able to choose a faction once the timer winds down.

so this is the start of a daily/monthly event ... ?! This's really confusing!

Would anyone be willing to share what prizes, if any, you have bought so far or which you are considering? I'm looking at this from an investors point of view. Do prizes like this usually inflate over time? Are any of the weapons good enough to inflate over time? I noticed that the shovel, being the most expensive plot prize, is only selling for 800k right now. Is that likely to go up? OR do you think that the wearables, paint brushes, etc would be more than likely to raise in price? Thanks! :)

Would anyone be willing to share what prizes, if any, you have bought so far or which you are considering? I'm looking at this from an investors point of view. Do prizes like this usually inflate over time? Are any of the weapons good enough to inflate over time? I noticed that the shovel, being the most expensive plot prize, is only selling for 800k right now. Is that likely to go up? OR do you think that the wearables, paint brushes, etc would be more than likely to raise in price? Thanks! :)

The only thing I've bought so far is a jar of brains, because I'd been needing a healer to replace my puny lesser healing scroll anyway and I think it'll remain pretty stable value-wise, if not increase in value over time. Other than that, since I don't desperately need NP right now I'm just going to hold on to my points and wait to see what gains value over time.

I think that the background, stamp and book are pretty safe bets. As for everything else, I would wait for a while and see what the prices end up being. :)

The Shovel, from what I understand, is either incredibly underwhelming, or isn't fuctioning properly, so that may change with time. :)

So far I've gotten the jar of brains, the stamp and the book but not sure what to do with the rest of my 100k+ points left

Would the ring of the sway be a good choice? I currently have scuzzys comb and ramtors spellbook already (10 icons each) so replacing either with the ring of sway would only be 2 icons more... hmmm

Thanks guys! I just noticed that if I buy the jar of brains I will be 4k short of being able to get the background I want. D: Noooooo! Ugh. But like Kris said, I desperatley need a new healer because the lesser healing scroll is just not cutting it. Hm, decisions. I probably won't end up making up my mind until like a month from now. I ALMOST made an impulse buy but I'm so cautious that I'm still waiting. Lol.

Thanks guys! I just noticed that if I buy the jar of brains I will be 4k short of being able to get the background I want. D: Noooooo! Ugh. But like Kris said, I desperatley need a new healer because the lesser healing scroll is just not cutting it. Hm, decisions. I probably won't end up making up my mind until like a month from now. I ALMOST made an impulse buy but I'm so cautious that I'm still waiting. Lol.

If you are really interested in the background, take a look at what Greater Healing Scrolls are on the shop wiz now. They`re only a slight downgrade from the Brains (50 HP rather than 60), but it seems like a lot of people replaced their GHS for the Brains, so you may be able to buy a healer for quite cheap, and still get the background. :)

I caved in and bought the jar of brains, which left me with 24,065 points. 45 short of the Thieves Hood. Ugh. <_< So I bought a few other things and now I'm considering buying the Rasala plushie to pay tribute to my leader.

If you are really interested in the background, take a look at what Greater Healing Scrolls are on the shop wiz now. They`re only a slight downgrade from the Brains (50 HP rather than 60), but it seems like a lot of people replaced their GHS for the Brains, so you may be able to buy a healer for quite cheap, and still get the background. :)

Thanks Rebecca! I'll probably end up doing just that. :) I'd rather get the background and still have the 97,000 points left to work with. I tried looking for the greater healing scroll on the SW but I don't have the SSW at the moment. :/ So they are not showing up except on the TP for 350k. Hm...

Thanks Rebecca! I'll probably end up doing just that. :) I'd rather get the background and still have the 97,000 points left to work with. I tried looking for the greater healing scroll on the SW but I don't have the SSW at the moment. :/ So they are not showing up except on the TP for 350k. Hm...

Wow, that`s quite surprising! :o There`s at least one GHS for about 150k on the TP- the Brains are at about 300k. So a pretty good deal, for just 10HP less.

• 2 years later...

Hi Pandette, this is for the war, not the skirmishes. The skirmishes are ongoing, but the war ended a couple of years ago.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread so there's not any future confusion.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.