holds up a finger and says, 'Shhhhhhhhh...'. You obey.

Is it just me, or did the battledome opponents start using the Fae abilities in battle? So much for the easy wins.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Battlepedia News & Updates to Battledome & Battlepedia Chat.

I've tried a few, only have found Tekkitu the Witch Doctor using abilities. I have seen Halitosis, Sear, Meh!, Sssssh! and Float used against me. I did my fighting/prize winning against Plumbeard today, and he definitely was not using them.

I have been investigating the prizes given out by each of the opponents as the available list seems rather spotty when it comes to high end opponents. BTW, Plumbeard gave me a Golden Coball Spear today. Not nearly as nice as that Greengage Breeze he dropped the other day, but a decent sack of swag none the less.

Plumbeard, Snowager Chiazilla and a few more may now be outside of my comfort range if they start using abilities.

P.S. Float appeared to block 6 light.

P.P. S. Would the news that battledome opponents are using abilities count as Battledome news and not Battledome chat?

Ah, about time that they started doing this. This will definitely make the BDers happy- a little bit more challenge. :) I haven't noticed any abilities being used by the Jetsam Ace yet- I suppose it's just a matter of time.

(I expect that the Battledome News is for BD staff to post in, about new weapons and new challengers only.)

Ah, about time that they started doing this. This will definitely make the BDers happy- a little bit more challenge. :) I haven't noticed any abilities being used by the Jetsam Ace yet- I suppose it's just a matter of time.

(I expect that the Battledome News is for BD staff to post in, about new weapons and new challengers only.)

I may not get any time to test tomorrow, as I have a filly winning at Keeneland tomorrow. (you can take that to the bank, she'll win, mums the word). If we can get a good exacta payout, the celebration might go on too long to play.

I tried five different foes, only the witchdoctor so far. I thought it might be because I'd gotten him as a battledome foe today while looking for the Easter egg, but it turns out both my and daughter's account are acting the same.

Point taken Rebecca, that is a reasonable viewpoint. I was trying finally get a post started in the proper venue, yet still failed at my attempt. Just a tad frustrating.

So they are finally using abilities. Interesting. :) I've been battling Jelly Chia mainly. But I wipe him out in one round, and using Lens Flare so he can't use anything,

It also seems to me that some items MIGHT be becoming more defined. I can't speak for most of the challengers, but I haven't gotten any red codestones from the Jelly Chia for a few days now. Very few regular ones either. I suppose more testing is in order.

So they are finally using abilities. Interesting. :) I've been battling Jelly Chia mainly. But I wipe him out in one round, and using Lens Flare so he can't use anything,

It also seems to me that some items MIGHT be becoming more defined. I can't speak for most of the challengers, but I haven't gotten any red codestones from the Jelly Chia for a few days now. Very few regular ones either. I suppose more testing is in order.

I haven't been getting any red codestones either- since those are the ones I'm using, I'm less than pleased!

I think I may have to take a million or two and stock up. :P

I managed to get a Mag Codestone, the LAST item I could get for the day, and just my luck I needed it for my last training session before I go to bed. I find it insane that the ZED Codestones are hovering around 17k+ when there's no war going on. Though, Terror Trove and Faeries Fortune scratchcards are still super inflated too at nearly 2k apiece.

On daughter's account we got four regular and one magma codestones in the last two days. On my account I got one Zed.

Since the new abilities are just so dang useful, I expect that people will be trying to get level 200, 300, 400. Scratchcards are the cheapest by far! So don't expect to see their prices to drop for a long time.

P.S. We had a good night at the stable, she is getting ready for her morning work out. Bourbon and Burgoo will be on me if things go as we expect today.

P.S.S. Trained to level 200 agility yesterday, and luck would have it found a heavy robe for under 100K. I was all ready to start stealing, I go to B.D, and it does not work.,. Ahem, then I double check, you have to train to 201, :whistle: :sleeping_03anim: :whofarted:

On daughter's account we got four regular and one magma codestones in the last two days. On my account I got one Zed.

Since the new abilities are just so dang useful, I expect that people will be trying to get level 200, 300, 400. Scratchcards are the cheapest by far! So don't expect to see their prices to drop for a long time.

P.S. We had a good night at the stable, she is getting ready for her morning work out. Bourbon and Burgoo will be on me if things go as we expect today.

P.S.S. Trained to level 200 agility yesterday, and luck would have it found a heavy robe for under 100K. I was all ready to start stealing, I go to B.D, and it does not work.,. Ahem, then I double check, you have to train to 201, :whistle: :sleeping_03anim: :whofarted:

Nice on the Zed! i guess those must be getting more rare or something. Though I think given the prices of all other codestones, 16-17k+ for a Zed is pretty badly inflated. Even worse than Vo, Eo, or Lu Codestones. :(

lol Yeah, I guess on the scratchcards you're right. I'm training up my stats so I can go for the level 300, but only as I work on my stats. Thanks to the super drop in all Weak bottled Faeries, I've got enough blessings cast for my level 300 abilities.

lol Congrats on finding a Heavy Robe of Thievery for under 100k! I got mine for about 130k during the war, and it helped me stand up to Envy quite often, especially when it stole his Prismatic Mirror, MAN I wish I could've kept it! :D Now that the stealing order has been randomized, there's a greater chance of having FUN with the stealing items. So I hope you have some fun with it! ;)

Well, got back from the Winner's circle. Strange day, as it was also Maker's Mark bottle signing day. I didn't have a bottle to get signed, nor can they sell them at the track. Still, a win is a win and with that kind of money I can buy one latter.

Tried a few more and found out that Evil Sloth Clone was using Meeh and Static Cling.

Playing around in the Neocola Centre, here's what I've observed so far:

Space Faerie: none noted
Evil Sloth Clone: Meditate, Meh, Static Cling, Lens Flare
Robo Grarrl: none noted
Commander Garoo: Bandage, Lens Flare, Cranky, Static Cling, Shroud
S750 Kreludan Defender Robot: none noted
Neopets v2: none noted
ETA: more abilities from Commander Garoo

Well, I think we should get a posse going on these varmits.

I have no idea if they just upgraded a bunch all at once or if are adding ability to one foe, one by one.

I'll take the water dome foes today, we've got neocentre already covered. That leaves a good bit of territory still uncovered.

Nice on the Zed! i guess those must be getting more rare or something. Though I think given the prices of all other codestones, 16-17k+ for a Zed is pretty badly inflated. Even worse than Vo, Eo, or Lu Codestones. :(

lol Yeah, I guess on the scratchcards you're right. I'm training up my stats so I can go for the level 300, but only as I work on my stats. Thanks to the super drop in all Weak bottled Faeries, I've got enough blessings cast for my level 300 abilities.

lol Congrats on finding a Heavy Robe of Thievery for under 100k! I got mine for about 130k during the war, and it helped me stand up to Envy quite often, especially when it stole his Prismatic Mirror, MAN I wish I could've kept it! :D Now that the stealing order has been randomized, there's a greater chance of having FUN with the stealing items. So I hope you have some fun with it! ;)

I just got 2 Zed yesterday. Koi Warrior not using abilities.

OK, Went through all of the Snow and Water opponents, dang Valin made me sick so no more battle until the Healing Fountain Fae smiles her wicked and sly smile that lets me know that all is forgiven, but will never be forgotten.

Ghost Lupe has Static Cling, Cranky, Meh, Meditate and An Icicle.

My secondary battle pet isn't up to battling much.

Now, wait a minute Trinitrotoulene.,., something isn't right here.

Update Meuka

Cranky, Shade

It looks like our answer is that they've been giving abilities to the Defenders of Neopia Series I opponents:

Pant Devil: Halitosis, Shade, Cranky

Ghost Lupe: Static Cling, Meditate, Cranky, Meh, An Icicle

Cave Chia: Halitosis, Bandage, Positive Thinking, Sear, Throw Pillows

Meuka: Shade, Cranky, An Icicle, Shhhhhhhh...

The Brain Tree: Shade, Meh, Shhhhhhhh...

Commander Garoo: Static Cling, Bandage, Cranky, Lens Flare, Shroud

Tekkitu the Witch Doctor: Halitosis, Meh, Sear, Shhhhhhhh..., Float

Meerca Henchman: Shade, Positive Thinking, An Icicle, Throw Pillows, Burrow

Giant Ghostkerchief: Bandage, Meh, Sear, Throw Pillows, Shroud, Tempest

Evil Sloth Clone: Static Cling, Meditate, Meh, Lens Flare

That's as far as I've gotten so far, but can confirm that none of the other 1-player opponents in the Rattling Cauldron or Pango Palladium were using abilities (Qasalan Mummy is broken for me).

• 3 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT: TNT has added abilities for Regular Challengers.

Koi Warrior: Shade, Positive Thinking, Throw Pillows

Please test for other challengers. (BP Team)

Just going down the line in the Rattling Cauldron, here's what I've seen so far:

Count von Roo: Halitosis, Shade, Cranky, Shhhhhhhhh...
Mummy: Halitosis, Shade, Cranky
Edna: Static Cling, Bandage, Cranky, Lens Flare
Zafara Rogue: Shade, Meh, An Icicle
The Black Pteri: none observed
Vira: none observed
I'm still testing, so I'll probably be editing this. I haven't seen any Level 25 abilities (An Icicle, Sear, Irritable Minions) from these guys yet. I'm hoping three things: that this means the BD is nearing its official opening, that TNT will consider adding a power bar back to control ability spam, and that we'll see stances put back in soon.

The Drenched just used "Reflect" on my pet.

She was frozen the previous turn (MMoM) and all the sudden, WHAM!

You slash at The Drenched with your Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting!!!
You threaten The Drenched with your Kelpbeards Trident!!!
You attack The Drenched with An Icicle that fell off the roof.
The Drenched uses Reflect to give part of your attack back to you. How nice.

I think it was a 50% defend of my attack icons, but it did the same amount of damage to me as it did them, so either we have the same boost or.