Some Possible Suggestions?

RukarioBomb

Hello there! I'm sorry if this is a bit of a nuisance, but I had two very minor things that I thought I'd like to bring up. I tried to see if I could find an appropriate place to put this topic or if these things have been covered before, but no dice.

The first thing is perhaps a bit anal retentive on my part, but does anyone else think some very simple kerning adjustments would make the NeoAvatars logo look a lot better?

av_logo.gif

Right now, all the letters appear to be typed as is, making the space between A, R, and S at the end look really small compared to the gaping holes intrinsic to the letters A, V, and T. It just throws the whole logo off-kilter right now, and it seems to be a simple enough fix to either squish the "AVATA" portions closer together or perhaps space the other characters out.

The second thing is that there could a general "simple questions, simple answers" type of pinned thread at the top of the Help forums (both TDN and Neopets related) that could serve to catch a lot of the smaller questions that people may have and save forum thread clutter. My logo question might have gone in such a thread to see if an option to change it was on the table, for instance.

Thanks for hearing me out!

The second thing is that there could a general "simple questions, simple answers" type of pinned thread at the top of the Help forums (both TDN and Neopets related) that could serve to catch a lot of the smaller questions that people may have and save forum thread clutter.

We've tried this strategy before, but people tend to ignore the consolidated thread and start their own threads anyway. This means our mods have a ton more work to do closing and re-directing all the new threads. In theory, it's a good idea, but in practice, it doesn't work as well and only serves to increase staff workload.

Hello there! I'm sorry if this is a bit of a nuisance, but I had two very minor things that I thought I'd like to bring up. I tried to see if I could find an appropriate place to put this topic or if these things have been covered before, but no dice.

The first thing is perhaps a bit anal retentive on my part, but does anyone else think some very simple kerning adjustments would make the NeoAvatars logo look a lot better?

av_logo.gif

Right now, all the letters appear to be typed as is, making the space between A, R, and S at the end look really small compared to the gaping holes intrinsic to the letters A, V, and T. It just throws the whole logo off-kilter right now, and it seems to be a simple enough fix to either squish the "AVATA" portions closer together or perhaps space the other characters out.

I never noticed this! You're right, though, that spacing is weird.

Looking at it, the NEO and ARS are both squished, so there's at least symmetry to the squished-ness. I've honestly never noticed it before xD The whole layout needs an update badly, though, not just that one quirk.

*is happy to meet another typography nerd*

I don't remember if NeoAvatars' font is one that we paid for or not... Often, free fonts have pretty bad kerning. The logo was probably made in Photoshop, which doesn't allow for easy kerning fix either. I can try to follow up with Ian on that matter, but I can't give an estimate of when we could potentially update it.

• 1 month later...
Guest JussttBre

Wow! I have never noticed that. Now I probably always will haha

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.