Fourth Wave Up For Defeat!

hrtbrk

I fought all of them...and beat all of them on easy mode...and haven't received the first achievement....how come? :-(

I don't know if you read what someone said earlier, about how you have to beat ALL the challengers, including previous waves to get that achievement?

If you guys are really losing every single battle, is there any point in healing back to full health by battling the easier opponents? Why not just heal to a few, go get squished by the big guy, heal, get squished, etc.? It would save you half the battles. I know it can't be pleasant, but in previous plots/wars, losing didn't give you any credit. You guys have the opportunity to get max credit (if doing your part = max credit) and potentially qualify for the best prizes. All by doing 230 1-round battles. (Plus your faction is probably helped by having more people do their part, as well as by overall victories.) If you can't afford the cheapest healing potions, try to buy the more expensive ones at the healing springs every half hour; selling one should get you enough to buy 7-12 of the ones you need, and we do have ~3 days/wave. It's doable, unless you're really time-constrained.

That is exactly what I am doing :) It just takes some time. I am glad that there is a way for new players to do our part.

How many more waves are expected? I saw something say one more...but anyone know?

JN found designs for 5 different casks, that's why people assume there will be one more wave. Obviously there hasn't been any announcement, so no, nobody knows - but that's the theory.

I fought all of them...and beat all of them on easy mode...and haven't received the first achievement....how come? :-(

I don't know if you read what someone said earlier, about how you have to beat ALL the challengers, including previous waves to get that achievement?

It says you only have to fight them, not beat them. I didn't beat them all but still got the achievement.

if we lose to challengers on a higher difficulty, will we fill up the doing your part bar more than we do on the lower difficulty?

if we lose to challengers on a higher difficulty, will we fill up the doing your part bar more than we do on the lower difficulty?

I have no idea, my 230 count is from the highest difficulty, because I guessed that what you are saying might be correct. Feel free to test if the lower ones need 230 losses too ;)

From what I've seen, that's accurate. I've definitely noticed my bar(s) filling more quickly on tougher opponents.

From what I've seen, that's accurate. I've definitely noticed my bar(s) filling more quickly on tougher opponents.

Are you talking about winning or losing? We know that winning against tougher opponents helps more, but he is asking about losing against them ;)

I was coming to say this wave has me beat. I probably could upgrade my weapons to beat them, but I have no desire to do so. So I was no longer going to be "doing my part" in the war :(

However, after reading through some of the other posts about still being able to fill up the bar by losing - I didn't know that. I'm gonna go test that out for myself to see if it works. That doesn't seem right on TNT's part, but if it's possible, I'll take it.

If you guys are really losing every single battle, is there any point in healing back to full health by battling the easier opponents? Why not just heal to a few, go get squished by the big guy, heal, get squished, etc.? It would save you half the battles. I know it can't be pleasant, but in previous plots/wars, losing didn't give you any credit. You guys have the opportunity to get max credit (if doing your part = max credit) and potentially qualify for the best prizes. All by doing 230 1-round battles. (Plus your faction is probably helped by having more people do their part, as well as by overall victories.) If you can't afford the cheapest healing potions, try to buy the more expensive ones at the healing springs every half hour; selling one should get you enough to buy 7-12 of the ones you need, and we do have ~3 days/wave. It's doable, unless you're really time-constrained.

sounds like a good plan but sigh neopets plots and events always seem to coincide with my exams though :( would fight 230 losing battles too only if I had nothing better to do. :( :(

Maybe? I'm not sure offhand if the numbers are different for the Guild Leader wave and the wave before them, but right now my Doing Your Part bar for each of them appears to be filled the same amount (up to right between the "n" and "g" in "Doing"). For the previous Offensive Strike wave, that's the result of three losses against each opponent on Average. For the current Final Invasion wave, that's from one loss against each opponent on Average, one loss against each opponent on Mighty, and then one more loss against Kanrik on Mighty. So that means it took fewer battles (total) to fill the bar the same amount. Whether that's because the Mighty losses are worth more, or just because the new bar fills faster, though, I can't say.

TDN guide says that if you beat them up 64 times on easy mode the "Doing your part" is complete. Well... Not right now...

Shady Prowler
Cunning Mastermind
Master Wizard
Unyielding Sentinel
Genius Inventor
That makes over 64 and the bar is still not full :(

TDN guide says that if you beat them up 64 times on easy mode the "Doing your part" is complete. Well... Not right now...

Shady Prowler
Cunning Mastermind
Master Wizard
Unyielding Sentinel
Genius Inventor
That makes over 64 and the bar is still not full :(

If you go to complete them after a new wave has been released you need to beat more of them.

How many more, do we know? After I finish the current wave, I still have to backtrack and complete the previous one. I'm getting the impression that will be a very long road....

I'm not sure, unfortunately. You also don't have much time to finish it in- assuming this wave will end after three days like all the others... you have three more hours.

...you have three more hours.

I would agree with the three hours assumption. TNT said something in the news today about the obelisk breaking open and only the worthy being permitted to approach it, so it sounds like we have a big day ahead tomorrow.

I would agree with the three hours assumption. TNT said something in the news today about the obelisk breaking open and only the worthy being permitted to approach it, so it sounds like we have a big day ahead tomorrow.

Yeah, that's the assumption I've been working with, too. At this point, I think it's pretty much guaranteed I won't make it. After 185 losses, my Doing Your Part bar hasn't even hit the halfway point yet. I think I'm just going to use up the last of my potion reserves, hit the hay, and see where things end up tomorrow. At least I got the current wave done.