Stronger Wave Of Enemies After The Obelisk!

hrtbrk

That would explain why I was the only one buying neowart fungus today! (I only bought a few, to keep handy in case I needed a quick heal. Thank goodness.) I got hit by him early today, but thankfully I only had to wait 2 minutes for the springs, which healed me completely first try.

I've pretty much hit my cap - assuming the next wave will be in the 300-600 range, there's no way I'll be able to win against the challengers. I went ahead and sold a couple pieces from my set (scrolls of knowledge, parasol of unfortunate demise) that I can replace with upgrades post-war when they deflate. Made 60k or so more than I'd originally paid for them, so that was nice!

I'll keep training my BD pet for the future and ~doing my part~ now, whether by battling lower-level opponents (I still have some effective items) or by losing with grace lol, but I'm definitely out of my depth from here out. It's been a good run! Hopefully I can still manage some of the coming achievements and such.

Oh you should definitely keep on fighting the stuff that you're able to, that'll add to your score for the final prize points tally after all. Or at least that's how it's worked in previous battle plots.

Well, if you care about the prize shop that'll show up later anyway. ;)

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I won't even bother with this wave - way out of my league. I've only been casually training my Chomby a couple weeks he's still only level 20 ~ I had to pull out an older neopet to try and finish the second wave. At least we can still fight the weaker ones and get codestones :)

It'd be kinda nice if they had the enemies at least pretending to conform to the same standards as the players. Getting lens flared THREE ROUNDS in a row and a total of four times in a fight is just plain silly. Hah.

Indeed lucky, but it takes a lot of time. First buying 200-300 potions for healing (since you don't auto heal when losing), all those cheap potions are 100NP each. Then you have to lose 200-300 times and everytime you lose you need to drink an other potion and reselect the enemy...

Like many posters, I feel that the next wave will be too difficult to battle on "Mighty". I could probably win a few by luck on "Strong" but it's going to come to a point where only the elite battlers have a chance. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm glad that TNT considers all the options and rewards those who have invested a lot of time to training. :medieval:

Wait a minute, you mean we can still fill the 'Doing Your Part' bar for the current wave even if we fight lower level enemies?

No. The only bar that fills is the one that relates to the enemy selected. (First wave enemies will fill only the first wave bar and nothing else).

Adding to the frustration, the Licensed Conjurer may be cheating. Isn't Lens Flare supposed to be a "once per battle" ability?

licensedcheater-round3.giflicensedcheater-round4.gif

Here he actually had the audacity to use it twice in a row. I was taking screenies because i suspected this was happening but didn't have the attention span to keep track of how the heck he was freezing me up to three times per battle (he may be able to do more, but by the third time, i was always toast, so i never found out)

Edit: ...and apparently he can even use it while frozen. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Edited by mishalunchbox

Adding to the frustration, the Licensed Conjurer may be cheating. Isn't Lens Flare supposed to be a "once per battle" ability?

licensedcheater-round3.giflicensedcheater-round4.gif

Here he actually had the audacity to use it twice in a row. I was taking screenies because i suspected this was happening but didn't have the attention span to keep track of how the heck he was freezing me up to three times per battle (he may be able to do more, but by the third time, i was always toast, so i never found out)

That happened to me too, except with Stalwart Explorer. <_< And I've had several challengers who used Throw Pillows, which is a one per day ability, about 4 times in one day. WHAT THE FLYING FARNSWAP, TNT. Can't the same rules that apply to us apply to the challengers as well?

I can't seem to quote for some reason. I'll blame my shift to Safari for that.

@KaylaTheHedgehog: Unless you mean the Green, Orange and Red buttons. That is what I meant. Battling opponents on "Mighty" will be too tough, but I'll still do my part by battling them on "Average", it'll just take longer.

Edit: ...and apparently he can even use it while frozen. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Oh good, it happened to others as well? I noticed the Conjurer using Lens Flare on me twice in a row but thought it might just be a one-time glitch. Guess not.

Lost twice to the Brute lady, and drew 3 times against the Lutari Seeker.....I kicked the Brute's tail after her defeat of me...but the Seeker I keep drawing against. I'm feeling pretty meh about myself now..unless our opponents are gaining more experience after each victory.

I'm still doing well against the Ghostly Knight...but I may not get to fill the "Doing Your Part" bar for this wave. By the next wave...well, I've capped.

Oh good, it happened to others as well? I noticed the Conjurer using Lens Flare on me twice in a row but thought it might just be a one-time glitch. Guess not.

Yeah happened to me too. The Ghostly Knight used Throw Pillow on me 3 times in a row :s When I first saw the battle log I was like whaaaa @#$%^& haha

Wow true, I hadn't considered all the healing it must take :O. You are very dedicated :) This might be a motivator to start investing a little in your pet's training tho? ;)

I am doing that :P but my account is less then 2 months old ;)

Yeah happened to me too. The Ghostly Knight used Throw Pillow on me 3 times in a row :S When I first saw the battle log I was like whaaaa @#$%^& haha

Haha, yeah I definitely had much the same reaction.

Also, wow, small world Zephyr! My sister used to be a fairly active member of your guild. Her Neo username was starhopedog if that rings any bells.