Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

I feel bad, like I haven't done enough. My battlepet sits at this:

Lvl : 57

Str : 105

Def : 109

Mov : 57

Hp : 104 / 104

Is it still helpful if I continue to battle the other waves? Will it still count for more points? I want to help as much as possible. I want us to do good!!! And myself, as well. :)

No one knows if battling after you finish the progress bar does any good- but it can't hurt! :)

I unfortunately hadn't had much time to play this wave yet, but I've done two battles half asleep, won one and lost another. Mostly due to a lack of a good healer, but that's solved now. Hopefully I can get my part done in time for the next update.

Good luck to everyone and keep trying! :)

Thanks for the advice! I finally beat Lambert after 4 more losses with a Thick Smoke Bomb. I didn't even need to use the Jade Elixir!

And I filled up the bar by beating Rasala. She's really the easiest of the bosses, even if I still lost sometimes when she gets lucky. =)

Come on Sway! Start attacking pride! (btw, I think TNT did an awesome job with our boss) Anyways, I am pretty sure whoever defeats their faction specific boss the quickest will win. :)

Come on Sway! Start attacking pride! (btw, I think TNT did an awesome job with our boss) Anyways, I am pretty sure whoever defeats their faction specific boss the quickest will win. :)

I doubt it - we haven't been competing directly with other teams so far, why would we start competing with them now? TNT has made it pretty clear that it's not what this event is actually about.

I doubt it - we haven't been competing directly with other teams so far, why would we start competing with them now? TNT has made it pretty clear that it's not what this event is actually about.

Here's a portion of what TNT said:

"we'll say that ALL fighting, from Wave 1 up through these... things, is counted for your faction. One person getting a victory against a boss helps (because it's pretty awesome). Defeating your boss first as a group helps more. But these are by no means the only things contributing! Everything is taken into account. Things are pretty close right now, so if you want to win, keep fighting."

Complete link: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153613897

So yeah, I think it IS a competition with other factions.

...Wow.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Here's a portion of what TNT said:

"we'll say that ALL fighting, from Wave 1 up through these... things, is counted for your faction. One person getting a victory against a boss helps (because it's pretty awesome). Defeating your boss first as a group helps more. But these are by no means the only things contributing! Everything is taken into account. Things are pretty close right now, so if you want to win, keep fighting."

Complete link: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153613897

Well then... I'm going to keep trying. I've been attacking Pride a lot, but we are getting him down too slow!!! :( We must not have any heavy hitters on the Sway side. I get the feeling we may not make it *Cry*

Attacking the boss makes no difference in its HP, it looks like - several different groups on the plot board have done studies on the rate of HP decrease and the bosses are dropping at a perfectly even rate, meaning that they're actually just timed bosses set to be "defeated" at a specific time (probably late evening NST before the next step comes out).

So either no team is actually meant to "win" this plot/step (my theory), or the "winners" have already been predetermined by TNT, or the actual way to score points for your team is not by defeating the boss first, but by getting the most people to fill their Do-Your-Part bars.

Here's one of those boards I mentioned: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153615806

Attacking the boss makes no difference in its HP, it looks like - several different groups on the plot board have done studies on the rate of HP decrease and the bosses are dropping at a perfectly even rate, meaning that they're actually just timed bosses set to be "defeated" at a specific time (probably late evening NST before the next step comes out).

So either no team is actually meant to "win" this plot/step (my theory), or the "winners" have already been predetermined by TNT, or the actual way to score points for your team is not by defeating the boss first, but by getting the most people to fill their Do-Your-Part bars.

Here's one of those boards I mentioned: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=153615806

Wow, this is too much... I suppose that would seem more fair all around, but then why are other teams beating their boss quicker? Like the Order has their down, I believe.

I'm confused on how they could be dropping at even rates? On one of the boards I found it's seems all the bosses had different HP ranging from 1.4mil to 1.1mil (last checked about an hour or two ago) So, yes... I'm pretty sure that one faction will be victorious, but you never know. :P

I'm confused on how they could be dropping at even rates? On one of the boards I found it's seems all the bosses had different HP ranging from 1.4mil to 1.1mil (last checked about an hour or two ago) So, yes... I'm pretty sure that one faction will be victorious, but you never know. :P

I don't think they are dropping at the same rights.

But on good news. THE SWAY JUST WENT BELOW A MILLION!!! WOOOOOOOH!!!!!

It's been determined that it's the same rate with slight variation, allowing for the various factions to appear to be neck-and-neck, with one team pulling into the lead and then dropping behind, etc.

That's why the two factions who got a late start after their bosses respawned are caught up to the rest of us so soon, haha. Oh well, as long as we all fill up our DYP bars...

It's been determined that it's the same rate with slight variation, allowing for the various factions to appear to be neck-and-neck, with one team pulling into the lead and then dropping behind, etc.

That's why the two factions who got a late start after their bosses respawned are caught up to the rest of us so soon, haha. Oh well, as long as we all fill up our DYP bars...

Really?? ...

Hm...

Well I've put in 500 fights o.O Will that matter???

Does anyone have any idea what fights on the different levels do? I very stupidly spent almost all of the time fighting Pride on Easy and I'm wondering whether to switch to Mighty. If anyone's curious, I filled my Doing Your Part bar with 557 Average and 1 Mighty (although I might have finished before that, I kept hitting Play Again and only checked every 15 battles or so. I was watching TV while doing this.)

Also, how do you get the "The Sway: Attendance is mandatory" banner for your sig?

Does anyone have any idea what fights on the different levels do? I very stupidly spent almost all of the time fighting Pride on Easy and I'm wondering whether to switch to Mighty. If anyone's curious, I filled my Doing Your Part bar with 557 Average and 1 Mighty (although I might have finished before that, I kept hitting Play Again and only checked every 15 battles or so. I was watching TV while doing this.)

Also, how do you get the "The Sway: Attendance is mandatory" banner for your sig?

I'm pretty sure that fighting on the higher levels fills your bar faster. I finished with 40 battles on easy, 1 on medium and 280 (actually 276,but i wanted the number to be even) on hard.

And you can find the banners and such in the "Obelisk War Sigs, Buttons, Userlookups And Artwork!" forum topic.

I hear so many stories I don't understand how they are actually defeted. I can't tell if it was time based, loss based, or damage. So confused!