Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

Great job everyone! I'm really excited to see what adventures await us next!

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what prize to buy. I only have 103,000 points, so I could buy one 100,000 point item or a bunch of cheaper ones. It seems like the battledome items are all bad except for the brain jar. Would that be worth it, or should I get a bunch of smaller items?

Amazing job everyone! I gotta say, coming away with 299,000 something points really surprised me. I missed two doing your part bars completely but still managed to get enough points to buy anything, so yay for that! :) My pet was a complete beginner too! I was shocked to find out that the Sway won but so glad we did. Our new avi is pretty spiffy. :D

@Kris I took A LOT of losses with the final boss, obviously. I mean, I even went over my doing your part bar and played for an hour after that. So I think those actually did count for something. :)

Oh and I have no idea what to buy yet but I do have my eye on that background. I'll probably just end up holding my points for a bit though.

Congratulations everyone! When the truce is over, perhaps we're going to battle each other again?

What boons did you pick? I can't decide.

I picked the Faerie Quest Refresher. There were some really good ones depending on what aspect of the site you like best, but none really seemed to affect/better my gameplay drastically so I went with that one in hopes of it helping me to get an FFQ, as I don't buy cookies. Plus, that's the one aspect of the site I've never complained about, I get a ton of random quests - I don't know if anyone else gets a lot.

The first quest I got today was a Battle Faerie so I didn't bother refreshing as that would get me a bunch of stats. The second quest I got today though was a Craft Faerie :( which I always abandon, so I refreshed it and BAM - Faerie Queen quest :D It's already been worth it for me, imo.

I picked the Faerie Quest Refresher. There were some really good ones depending on what aspect of the site you like best, but none really seemed to affect/better my gameplay drastically so I went with that one in hopes of it helping me to get an FFQ, as I don't buy cookies. Plus, that's the one aspect of the site I've never complained about, I get a ton of random quests - I don't know if anyone else gets a lot.

The first quest I got today was a Battle Faerie so I didn't bother refreshing as that would get me a bunch of stats. The second quest I got today though was a Craft Faerie :( which I always abandon, so I refreshed it and BAM - Faerie Queen quest :D It's already been worth it for me, imo.

Wow, congrats! I'd forgotten Faerie Queen quests even existed, haha.

I went with the stock market boon, myself - I buy stock every day, and since I usually sell at 30k+ this boon doubles my profit for those sales. :D

In terms of prizes, are people buying things to use for themselves or to sell? I'm leaning towards buying things to sell, but I don't want the prices to crash if everyone's selling.

Also, do we know how long the prize shop will be open for?

I already posted this in another thread, but perhaps I could get a quicker response from here...

So... I recently went to the Prize Page. I'm part of the Sway, and since I wasn't that active during the war, I only got 10,022 points. What I don't understand is that i didn't get the exclusive Sway prizes - avatr, Sway site theme, and the boons. Can someone please explain to me why?

Also, when I go to the boons page, I get this message "There appears to be a lull in the fighting. This might be a good time to get a bit of training done before the different factions get restless again..." and that I have to choose my allegiance in 110+ hours. What's that about?

In terms of prizes, are people buying things to use for themselves or to sell? I'm leaning towards buying things to sell, but I don't want the prices to crash if everyone's selling.

Also, do we know how long the prize shop will be open for?

It's impossible to say if people are buying to sell later or not- likely, they'll use up their points on things they personally want, then buy things to sell after. I plan on using most of my points on stuff to sell, but I'm not going to buy for a while.

If this event is at all like other plots, then the prize shop will be open indefinitely. You can still go to past prize shops to use up your points, so this one should be the same way.

I already posted this in another thread, but perhaps I could get a quicker response from here...

So... I recently went to the Prize Page. I'm part of the Sway, and since I wasn't that active during the war, I only got 10,022 points. What I don't understand is that i didn't get the exclusive Sway prizes - avatr, Sway site theme, and the boons. Can someone please explain to me why?

Also, when I go to the boons page, I get this message "There appears to be a lull in the fighting. This might be a good time to get a bit of training done before the different factions get restless again..." and that I have to choose my allegiance in 110+ hours. What's that about?

From what it sounds like, only people who were active during the war got the exclusive prizes. I thought that the cap was at 10k points, but clearly that isn't it. I think that TNT realised that the boons and the other prizes would be a sore point with other teams- especially if people that didn't fight got them. So they made a limit, so only people that fully participated got those extra prizes.

No one has any extra imformation on the truce ending than you do, since we all have the information. However, I don't have an option to choose a different allegience, so it seems like the Sway won't get the option to fight (or to fight and win) again, but people that didn't get the exclusive prizes are being given another chance to get them with another team.

A lot of people expect the fighting to continue to go on until all the teams have won and have received the extra avatar and the boons, even though the war itself is over (judging by the prize shop and trophies being released).

Just came back from a trip overseas, so only found out the news today, but... CONGRATS SWAY! Happy with the result, and the Sway avatar is quite nice as well. :)

As for the boons, I'll probably take the Stock Market one, since I use it almost every day. While the Faerie Quest Refresher looks really nice, it's basically useless for those of us who rarely ever get random faerie quests (like me). And my Internet connection is way too slow for restocks lol.

I'm waiting a day or two in case the other factions are added. I don't understand why those three groups are our options. I would understand leaving out The Sway, but what happened to the Awakened and the Brute Squad? Hopefully it will make sense eventually. Otherwise I'm going with my second choice, the Thieves Guild.

People on the Sway neopets board said they're going to the Thieves so I'm pretty sure we already know who is going to win. <_<

I feel like I'm back in the same spot when I had to decide who to go with originally. It took me forever to settle on the Sway, it was really a toss up between a couple. Now, the Thieves and the Order are the two that stand out to me, but I can't decide which one I want to pick. I'll probably wait until the last day just to see if anything changes.

The general consensus (especially on the neoboards) seems to be that the Thieves Guild is a subdivision of the Sway so most of us have headed over there. Kinda disappointing because I wanted to join the Order, but perhaps next time.

I went with the Order. When I originally chose a faction it was between them and the Sway, so uhm, go Order! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My Neopet is at a super low level--I've never focused on training and I'm worried I'll be doomed in this event. Any tips for climbing levels quickly? What stats should I focus on?

At first, focus on level until it is about to push you out of a training bracket, and then train strength, defense, and endurance. speed is useless. once you have capped out on the strength/defense/endurance, raise your level again and keep doing this.