Official Sway Discussion Thread

Nellethiel

AGH! Finally managed to get the Flawless Victory achievement, and it only took me about 15k. If anyone is around my level (55 strength boost), here's the method I used:

1: Scroll of Knowledge + Green Frost Cannon + Static Cling

2: Leaf Shield + Green Frost Cannon +/- Static Cling

3: Repeat #2 until opponent is frozen BUT NOT DEFEATED (be careful, the frost cannon does 3 icons per round)

4: Scroll of Knowledge + Jade Elixir + Static Cling

The frost cannon keeps the opponent from attacking that final round, so you can chug that jade elixir to full health and knock him out with the scroll (or whatever your best weapon is).

Jade Elixir is a one-use item and costs 15k (there are quite a few on the shop wizard right now); I don't remember how much the green frost cannon costs - I think I won mine as a BD prize in the ice-themed arena, actually. It's a pretty basic item.

Have you considered asking a neofriend or TDN friend if you could borrow one in the meantime and then just pay them back afterwards? That's what I did. :)

I have, actually, a friend of mine said she had a blue scorchstone around, but she doesn't log on until later in the day, so I've been waiting for a reply back.

Ah. You are right. The low HP has got to be a downer. Would you be interested in trying to cap these opponenets with FlexLikeThat? You are welcome to keep him and do what you wish with him. :) Perhaps he will help you through some of the battles. If you are unsure about weapons, check out the battlepedia. There are some you can get for quite cheap. Are you using a healer of any kind? Also, I can lend you a scroll of knowledge if you are interested and a golden compass if you'd like. I'd hate for you to miss out on these battles. I will need them back though (while they are still inflated, since I'd be buying them at an inflated price. :P) and I'm trying to get my bank account to the 3mil mark.

Ah, I'm signed up for pet lending chains this month and I don't have any transfers to use, so I can't accept, but thanks for the offer. I'm winning about 40% of the time now on easy so that's a significantly better rate. I'll probably check out the battlepedia and pick up a good healer and a better weapon; I've got NP to drop on those now, so no need for any lending, but I appreciate the offer! I think I'll be able to get my bar full this round.

I'm pretty surprised: I managed to squeeze in a couple of wins on mighty :D [though I have more defeats ^^;] But it seems like the BD didn't register the wins nor the times when I qualified for the flawless victory. I had ended a battle with full HP 3 times & still no achievement. My jade elixirs :c

I just got uber scared. I thought my pet was a decent level and strength... but now I see how weak she is. *cry* I MUST GET STRONGER! I have a million NP and I'm spending all of it on her as fast as I can. xD

Haha me too. When the weapon prices first started inflating, I told myself nope I refuse to buy inflated weapons. But I've caved since xD

~Xandria

Ack! I had gotten a timed a timed challenge for the Midnight Smuggler, and lost twice on the easy level before getting oh so close (damage icons are starting to finally make sense to me) and then I got a draw right when the time ran out! I was at 8 HP and he was at 7. I really need a healer big time. D:

Have you considered asking a neofriend or TDN friend if you could borrow one in the meantime and then just pay them back afterwards? That's what I did. :)

Oh... Oh my word. Why didn't I think of that? Alas, I have no neofriends... (I know... how odd is that?). I have a few but they are old old old guildmates that I don't really remember and I'm sure it's the other way around.

Besides, I sort of would like to achieve this goal on my own with my own pet. :) To know my baby Lupe can do this! (I really love her)

I think our glorious leader would be proud of my strategy this week - I'm pretty sure this was the last wave I'd be able to actually beat, so I went ahead and sold off my scroll of knowledge and parasol of unfortunate demise for a hefty profit (about 60k more than I paid for them originally). I'll either upgrade or buy them back after the plot ends, I think, and spend the rest of this event losing with grace to fill my plot bar. :P

If I'm wrong and easier enemies keep cropping up, I still have my dr. sloth's personal bath buddy as a constant.

I think our glorious leader would be proud of my strategy this week - I'm pretty sure this was the last wave I'd be able to actually beat, so I went ahead and sold off my scroll of knowledge and parasol of unfortunate demise for a hefty profit (about 60k more than I paid for them originally). I'll either upgrade or buy them back after the plot ends, I think, and spend the rest of this event losing with grace to fill my plot bar. :P

If I'm wrong and easier enemies keep cropping up, I still have my dr. sloth's personal bath buddy as a constant.

As your fellow Sway member, I salute your good fight & dedication :) Depending on the wave, I have a feeling that I'll be bowing out soon.

Finally finished my nailart. The pictures are blurry (taken with my mediocre phone) so it may be hard to decipher the Sway insignia.

93008536-faab-4eea-9f69-ae9f70805620.jpg9bebe979-d788-4eb8-a666-ba5fb655779a.jpg

Looks awesome Bubble!

This 4th wave is the first wave I'm having problems with. I can defeat them easily enough on easy mode, unless they get lucky and lens flare (or shhhh or throw pillows) me for 3 consecutive turns. But I wish I could defeat them on mighty. If the last wave starts at 400 difficulty, I may be forced to upgrade my weapon and buy light faeries for Lens Flare. Was hoping to get enough light from the faeries I get while battling, but, oh well.

Hello fellow Sway members! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I hadn't felt the need to announce my faction allegiance until now. (But hey, we're a secret society, so I figure I'm being consistent with our organization's core values, amirite?)

I'm kind of kicking myself for blowing half my money on the Nox shield instead of buying a Ghostkerbomb. Apparently my dumb logic went along the lines of, "Hey, I'll just turtle the whole battle and win a slow victory instead of buying the best bomb in the game that I can only use once a battle. Yeah, that logic makes total sense!" So stupid. Right now I'm running a sad combination of a dual duty 7-icon weapon with my best weapon, the great and powerful Pike Pike.

All my commiserating aside, do any of the more seasoned battledome veterans have any advice? I've definitely reached my limit on this wave with my current battle set. In terms of funds, I have roughly 6 million left and a few big ticket items in my SDB that no one wants to take off my hands.

Edit: Oh, also, I've been a real cheapskate about my faerie abilities as well. So far I've only picked up Static Cling, Shade, and Shhh to discount an eventual purchase of Lens Flare.

Edit 2: Annnnd now the new guide is up and I realized that I had a brain fart and totally forgot about disposable bombs because I'm cheap and hate throwing money down the drain. But hey it's now or never! Not like I spend money on anything else in Neo aside from battling.

Edited by Crystalline

I just saw the new opponents and....*bows out gracefully* I'm done. They shoulda saved the losing achievement for this round. Time to start selling my stuff and making the big bucks. Good luck to all my fellow Sway.

Also, thank you for the compliments :)

Lesser Healing Scroll is a prize for battling this new wave! I'm glad I only had to lose once to each one, and I think I'm gonna stop there because dang thoes numbers. I'll just keep battling the second assault to get some faeries. Good luck to all those crazy battledomers!

Lesser Healing Scroll is a prize for battling this new wave! I'm glad I only had to lose once to each one, and I think I'm gonna stop there because dang thoes numbers. I'll just keep battling the second assault to get some faeries. Good luck to all those crazy battledomers!

Wait, you still get the achievement for losing to each enemy?

Wait, you still get the achievement for losing to each enemy?

Yep! I picked up the scroll today after losing to each of the new opponents in turn.

Surprisingly, I can actually beat the Master Wizard about 50% of the time - it mainly depends on my green frost cannon, though, and whether I can get him frozen for a turn. I think I stand a chance of beating him 10 times in a row for that other achievement, but it's fun to try.

Alright, this wave seems to have bested me too. I can occasionally beat the Wizard if he uses certain moves, but it's mostly draws/losses so I'm not keen on spending forever getting draws to fill up that bar (and having to buy essences of everlasting apple to heal after those draws). Nor, do I want to spend that much NP to buy better weapons so I'll fall back to battling the previous wave.

So far, not doing so poorly this wave. Thanks mostly to my years of on-and-off training and my penchant to purchase expensive weapons. :P But those will only take me so far. I'm hoping the next wave won't be too far a stretch or I might actually have to do some thinking while battling. >_>

Arrghh.. I cannot, for the life of me, defeat the Seekers leader. He's the only one I have to defeat before I can get the Accomplishment. I managed to defeat the others on easy mode after a couple of losses (with the exception of Commander Flint. Took me 11 losses). But with Lambert, I'm already at 34 losses and 5 draws... I wanna cry from frustration.

Arrghh.. I cannot, for the life of me, defeat the Seekers leader. He's the only one I have to defeat before I can get the Accomplishment. I managed to defeat the others on easy mode after a couple of losses (with the exception of Commander Flint. Took me 11 losses). But with Lambert, I'm already at 34 losses and 5 draws... I wanna cry from frustration.

What is your set? Do you think that items like Jade Elixer (a one use 100% healer) or Thick Smoke Bomb (a one use 100% defender against all icons) would help you get the one win your need?

Oh man, this is the moment when I really wish I could see the Sway players in action. I want to see how they animated the Duchess, especially since everyone else is pretty sweet. (And also it's funny that she still doesn't have a name while everyone else does XD)

I decided a long time ago that I didn't want to fill my "doing your part" bar by just losing, so I just play everyone once on the hardest level, lose, and then go back to battle the ones I can deal with. I got two hard-earned wins on Midnight Smuggler! And I did actually last a second round on Commander Flint, since he chose to use only defensive items and I only got hit with 8 damage (and not even my designated BD pet either). It was kinda exciting, lol.

What is your set? Do you think that items like Jade Elixer (a one use 100% healer) or Thick Smoke Bomb (a one use 100% defender against all icons) would help you get the one win your need?

I have:

Skarls Hasty Mace

Hanso Charisma Charm

Blue Scorchstone

Leaf Shield

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Downsize!

Dr. Sloths Bath Buddy

and a random muffin

Usually, I use the mace and sloth's bath buddy. But If Lambert uses Lensflare, Tempest or Jade Scrochstone, I'm done for. Not to mention he can one hit me at 140 HP.

I haven't tried those items yet. I'll try again later tonight after work. Thanks!

I feel bad, like I haven't done enough. My battlepet sits at this:

Lvl : 57

Str : 105

Def : 109

Mov : 57

Hp : 104 / 104

Is it still helpful if I continue to battle the other waves? Will it still count for more points? I want to help as much as possible. I want us to do good!!! And myself, as well. :)