Official Seekers Discussion Thread

Lydia Trebond

This Play Again button is gooold. Everything is much easier now and I am making an average of 54 damage per battle. I will not stop until he is reached 1300000 health for example. And then I can fight some more, if the sun is still up :D

Edit: That was fast actually. I really felt I am not alone in this and pretty soon I will have my bar full :)

My question is, do we have to beat them on might, or average is fine? Because on mighty I last a single round, usually doing 90-100 damage, but on average I last a couple of round, increasing the damage.

I'm fighting on mighty, because I'm a filling the bar, but I wondered...

I've read on the neoboards, that they were waiting until most of the people had they bar filled, before entering to the real fight. That's why probably is going so slow.

Edited by Mireia

You fill the bar faster on mighty. He has fewer HP in the easier rounds, so I think TNT factors that into how much credit you get. I would suggest filling your bar on mighty (just to make sure you do; it's faster two ways: 1. you need fewer wins on mighty and 2. each battle takes less time on mighty), then play any extras on whatever difficulty is most fun for you. But if grinding them out on mighty is boring/frustrating, of course you could choose to battle them on an easier difficulty and take longer, if that's more fun for you -- after all, it is just a game, so it should be fun!

That play-again button is really helping; he's down to 1.2M. Going to battle in 15 min. chunks today, I think. How many depends on how I'm feeling, though I'll be gone most of the day. I'm off to do my first one.

So, I have both achievements (somehow) and I've done my part, but I'm still throwing my pet against Apathy. Y'know, for Science. :laughingsmiley:

Considering that Pyrodrax is defeated on the first round every time, regardless of difficulty, the grind is pretty much the same to me regardless. What I'm wondering, though, is which difficulty would I be most helpful on? Am I accomplishing more on Average, Strong, or Mighty?

Any thoughts?

Considering the fact that I've never bothered to train my pet or buy nice weapons, I've only been able to deal single digit damage to Apathy ^^"

Although I finally splurged and bought a purple sticky hand~ is it just me or has anyone been able to steal any weapons from Apathy?

Considering the fact that I've never bothered to train my pet or buy nice weapons, I've only been able to deal single digit damage to Apathy ^^"

Although I finally splurged and bought a purple sticky hand~ is it just me or has anyone been able to steal any weapons from Apathy?

Yes, but I have to stop and refresh on the turn right after stealing. Only the Jade Stone and Sword of Water are that useful, but then I have two pretty good weapons.

Also, at some time between 2 and 3 EST there will be a small window when people will be able to beat Apathy. Since I have W Rage and Lens Flare I can sometimes get multiple hits against him, so I might have a 1/2 hour window. Should I stay up?

Yes, but I have to stop and refresh on the turn right after stealing. Only the Jade Stone and Sword of Water are that useful, but then I have two pretty good weapons.

Also, at some time between 2 and 3 EST there will be a small window when people will be able to beat Apathy. Since I have W Rage and Lens Flare I can sometimes get multiple hits against him, so I might have a 1/2 hour window. Should I stay up?

The Prismatic Mirror is awesome since it reflects damage, both protecting you and attacking Apathy. And some of the others would be better than people might have in a beginner/intermediate set.

He's fading fast, so try to lose as fast as possible on mighty if you're filling your bar still. Supposedly the thieves are already done. I'd just keep an eye out. I hope I'll be around when he gets down to a few thousand, but I suspect someone stronger than me will finish him off before he's weak enough for me to try. Plus, I've gotta get my jig on today! If he's defeated while I'm still out, ah well. I had a good run.

The Prismatic Mirror is awesome since it reflects damage, both protecting you and attacking Apathy. And some of the others would be better than people might have in a beginner/intermediate set.

He's fading fast, so try to lose as fast as possible on mighty if you're filling your bar still. Supposedly the thieves are already done. I'd just keep an eye out. I hope I'll be around when he gets down to a few thousand, but I suspect someone stronger than me will finish him off before he's weak enough for me to try. Plus, I've gotta get my jig on today! If he's defeated while I'm still out, ah well. I had a good run.

Apologies, I forgot about that one. I did get that one round and had a good run, under the old system the Prismatic Mirror would make you almost unbeatable, just back it up with the right shields.

Did Apathy just fall? I got the new achievement Float and was trying it out. Even though it didn't show in the log, Apathy did 408 damage to me, but the top showed I was at full HP. Next round, I used Shade but was possibly frozen because my attack weapons didn't work. Apathy healed w/ JS and used burrow, and my Shade went through, so we both lost 0 HP. Then the win message popped up:

For besting your opponent and proving your might in battle, you have earned the following rewards:

started_bagofnp.gif
300 Neopoints blacktradingcardback.gif
General Crustygums

Your wares can be admired in your inventory.

I'll take the win! :D Even though I wasn't the one who earned it...

EDIT: Yep, Apathy is GONE! Yay, Seekers! Now to elbow those ruffians out of the way so we can examine that obelisk. After all, we're the only ones who could possibly understand it. ;)

Some people think the war is over, what fools. Something with the power to take the personification of sin and death, well something with that power placed these things here to protect the true menace, No, it isn't over. Not if I was author, something went a whole lot of trouble to protect something inside there. They thought they buried it so deep, and removed all trace of it from history. Somebody went to a whole peck of trouble to keep that thang away from the world of green and sweet rain. I say we be fools to proceed any farther, fools plain and simple.

Some people think the war is over, what fools. Something with the power to take the personification of sin and death, well something with that power placed these things here to protect the true menace, No, it isn't over. Not if I was author, something went a whole lot of trouble to protect something inside there. They thought they buried it so deep, and removed all trace of it from history. Somebody went to a whole peck of trouble to keep that thang away from the world of green and sweet rain. I say we be fools to proceed any farther, fools plain and simple.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. We've fought a war amongst the powers that be, and overcome our own personal daemons, just for the chance to learn what lies inside...and fools or not, you can be certain the other factions won't simply pull back in the name of prudence. Not now. We can't prevent the secrets of the obelisk from being uncovered, so we may as well be the ones to uncover it, ĉu ne?

It hardly matters at this point. The obelisk is uncovered, its guardians--if that is what they were--defeated. If what you fear is true, then its protections were already failing. If it were safely sealed, how could it have produced the signal that drew everyone to the obelisk in the first place? Would it be better to walk away, allowing an unknown threat to work its way free and come upon us at a time of its choosing? Or shall we face the unknown now, when some of the mightiest forces in the world are at hand to stand against it? We must all put this pointless battle behind us, and learn the truth of the matter. The surest antidote for fear is knowledge. We must find it. Cherish it. Bring its light into the dark places where we must go.

This is what we do. No, more than that: this is what we are.

We are Seekers.

Balance, you should write for TNT! That was amazing. Maybe expand it a bit into a story for the Neopian Times?

*wipes tear* So proud of the Seekers right now. For truth! And hieroglyphics! And group hugs!

I just checked out my BD total, and I'm fairly certain the "win" against Apathy counted towards my score; my total was 770-something thousand, and now it's over 781k. I fought 1800 times in the old BD, and I'm already over double that in the new one -- with over 2300 of those coming from this war! Come on, puzzles. Or something fun.

Prizes used to take weeks. Now it's usually just a day or a few. Patience, grasshoppers. With a 6-way competition, I'd rather have TNT make sure it's fair with a good spread in points, and confirm that nothing is glitching. (I never did receive my proper prize for MegaSuperb in the second(?) Daily Dare competition; TNT never fixed it when the prizes glitched; eventually they sent us "participant medals," which was a slap in the face since we beat AAA in every single competition, but regular bug reports on that glitch got a "we're working on it" for years, until the last one said "too late, we're just not gonna fix that." So yeah, I'd rather wait and make sure something like that doesn't happen again. I still get a sick feeling every time I see that "participant medal" in my SDB.)